Transformers Legacy toyline

Robogeek1973

An oldie but a goodie!
Citizen
Liking Nemesis' ship mode, but that's about it, but holy crap the Ark looks horrible to me now.

I'll be waiting for her to hit around $100 before I pick her up.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
IMO, The Ark isn't so much horrible as it is just underwhelming for what it is (and how much it initially cost!). It looks okayish in ship mode, which is the "underwhelming" part to me, because they really should have focused on that mode over everything else. But they clearly tightened things up aesthetically on Nemesis' ship mode, so I can't be too mad at them.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
They definitely upped their game. These two ships are not in the same league. Of course it's not a 1 to 1 comparison since Ark comes with a smaller bot and Nemesis doesn't. Nemesis didn't have to share any of its budget. But it does show.

Lobjob

Citizen
Yeah, any misgivings that I had with the Ark don't exist on the Nemesis. For one, the Ark really needed all of its back thrusters. Like, its still cool but its not jump off the screen cool like Nemesis, Origins Bumblebee and Jazz, where the vehicle modes are clearly the stars of the show.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Those giant holes on the side of the Ark were, and still are, very unsightly.

The DNA Design upgrade kit attempted to cover them, but not very securely.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I got some different parts for my Ark that wasn't DNA and that got moving guns, thou you still need to remove the panels for robot mode, they stay in place quite nicely

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I don't know what DNA will do for Nemesis. They might have to sit this one out.
Whether we want it or not, my guess is:
- Transparent purple docking tubes.
- Articulated hands.
- Something to recreate the underwater base.
- Purple space gryphon.
- Gap fillers.
- A pointlessly huge weapon (like a huge transparent purple sword that can be made by combining the gryphon/underwater base/docking tubes, etc).

Then Toyhax will simply release a roll of purple tape so we can mummify the whole thing in "details", for the grand price of an extra 40 quid.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
The Ark makes a good case for stickers. It's supposed to be this big huge thing but the flat orange hides a lot of details help make it look big. You can make those details more explicit with stickers, and also give it more windows and stuff.

It's like if you had a USS Enterprise with no windows; it just doesn't look quite right. Though, granted, that physical model was like 2-6 feet long depending on which model they used, so way more room for details.

My biggest issue with Toyhax is they give you way too many stickers. Give me like half of the stickers at half the price and we'd be golden.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It's like if you had a USS Enterprise with no windows; it just doesn't look quite right. Though, granted, that physical model was like 2-6 feet long depending on which model they used, so way more room for details.
Not being a huge Trek fan, I'm curious if they've sold honest-to-goodness replicas of some of those, because that sounds like money.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Came for the toy discussion, stayed for the crapping on ToyHax.
Possibly NSFW (or at least before eating)
Kirby Chocolate Time.gif

Dake

Citizen
My biggest issue with Toyhax is they give you way too many stickers. Give me like half of the stickers at half the price and we'd be golden.
It doesn't really work like that. It'd be more like half the stickers for 4/5 the price. Part of the reason they give you so many is so you feel like there's value for the price.
Not being a huge Trek fan, I'm curious if they've sold honest-to-goodness replicas of some of those, because that sounds like money.

There was a Master Replica of the studio model from a couple years ago, https://trekmovie.com/2008/05/29/the-collective-review-of-master-replicas-studio-scale-enterprise/ plus the Diamond Select Enterprises are all very detailed.

Agent X

Kreon Bastard
Citizen
It doesn't really work like that. It'd be more like half the stickers for 4/5 the price. Part of the reason they give you so many is so you feel like there's value for the price.
'Value' would be if I wanted all the stickers. A needlessly huge amount of stickers does not come off as 'worth it' if I would only use a quarter of them.

Me: "A little goes a long way."
Toyax: "So a LOT should go even farther!"

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I really LIKED the over-the-top set they did for G1 Fortress Maximus. Then again, it also has very little surface detail and by itself looks like a few cinder blocks set next to each other, the city windows really improved it in my opinion. Keep in mind, as with all aesthetic things, mileage may vary.

31840894657_6a076f129f_c.jpg

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Well, it's backfired for them with me. The process seems inflated and so that's why I don't really buy them anymore. I buy paints and the occasional set or faction symbols instead. ShowZ also give away free uncut regular/SG region symbol stickers with every order of toys from them too.

Dake

Citizen
'Value' would be if I wanted all the stickers. A needlessly huge amount of stickers does not come off as 'worth it' if I would only use a quarter of them.

Me: "A little goes a long way."
Toyax: "So a LOT should go even farther!"
That's the thing, the price doesn't scale with the sticker volume.
Especially the Enterprise-C, right Dake? :p
That's just mean! 😭

Top Bottom