Transformers Legacy toyline

Boss Borot

The Living Junkyard
Citizen
Dang. I was just looking through all the 'con pretenders and thought Submarauder and Roadblock (purple and black monster-to-batmobile plz) would've worked nicely.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'd be up for Autobot Pretenders, too. As a kid, the two "humanoid" Pretenders I had were Iguanus and Grounbreaker, so I'm pretty partial to them. Not sure the color layout would work for Groundbreaker, unfortunately. Have to stick with one whose outer shell and inner robot were similarly colored like Waverider or Cloudburst.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
That Igaunus is genuinely impressive.

I'd be 100% down on Skywarp if they hadn't 86'd his arm guns. Now I'm probably going to have to buy a $10 third party accessory pack for my $10 toy. Great.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Giving a Seeker a new weapon is cool. Giving a Seeker a new weapon but not the null rays is such an obviously wrong decision that it can only have been some executive mandate by someone who doesn't know what characters they're making.

Iguanus is very weird but it kinda works. I liked the POTP approach but this seems to be what more people want from new Pretenders, and they did a good job with it.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
My takeaway from this news is that a surprising number of people think all the Seekers' arm guns are null rays.

To be fair, even the Wiki refers to all Seeker arm guns as null rays. From the "Null Ray" article:

null ray.jpg

But you are right. Really, only Starscream's should be referred to as such. It's one of those "Kleenex" vs. "Facial Tissue" things.

Demovere Xeno

HALLELUJAH
Citizen
My only minor gripe about Iguanus (and the Core class in general) is that I won't be able to give him gigantic weapons like you could with the Scout and Legends class toys.

Otherwise, yes, we're going back to merging the Pretender inner-bots with their shells! I missed that design choice since Bludgeon and Skullgrin. Speaking of... while we're at it, can we get a new Voyager class Bludgeon too - preferably one whose treads won't slowly eat through the interior wheel sculpts? =P

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
I keep Classics Bludgeon sealed away from other TFs as not to harm thim

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I know it's probably not going to happen, but I'm hoping that maybe we'll get some Rescue Bots in the mix. Would love to see Heatwave get his due.

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen
I thoroughly enjoy most of what we've seen out of Legacy. G1-styled Bulkhead is fun.

And I'd probably like Heatwave getting a similar take. But the likely backlash makes me wonder if it would be worth it.

Top Bottom