• Erial has Elita weapon.

Black Lio Convoy
Black Lio Convoy.jpg

Black Lio Convoy (Original).png

Black Lio Convoy (anime).jpg

• Has bonus weapon
• Deco after animated appearence

From the wiki:
None of Black Lio Convoy's toys are accurate to Copy Convoy in the Beast Wars II cartoon. The character model for the show has a black mane with a gray body (albeit with gray mane parts on the robot mode arms), whereas the toys have these colors reversed. This color scheme would later be used for the separate character Dark Amber Leo Prime.

Dirge
Dirge.jpg

Axel Grease
Axel Grease.jpg

• Female character
• First Decepticon Junkion
• Scraphook redeco
• Inverted Junkion colors

Devcon
Devcon.jpg

Devcon (cartoon).jpg

• Gun turret on head
• Blurr mold partial

Beachcomber
Beachcomber.jpg

Beachcomber_with_bird.jpg

Paradise Parakeet
• Weapon
• PVC tires

Armada Megatron
Armada Megatron.jpg

• Has many 5mm ports
• Mention of many new options coming

Nemesis (female)
Nemesis (Female).jpg

• Boarding bridges
• Can stand vertical and horizontal
• Ship has weapons ports
• Command turret
• Blast effects posts
• Female titan
• Head is insignia that close and opens
• The Last Decepticon
• Has hidden options, omega ports
• Seekers and minibots in arms
• Shins come off and form canon weapons

Nemesis Battle Mask.gif

Pipeline Reveals - Preorders coming in May 2023

• Movie Bumblebee
• G1 Brawn
• WFC Game Cliffjumper Deluxe
• WFC Game Megatron Voyager
• ROTB Rhinox Voyager
• ROTB Optimus Prime Leader Target Exclusive
• Aerialbots set hinted at.

Last edited:

The Phazer

Citizen
Nemesis looks really good, which is nice because otherwise that was pretty much a bust of a show. Beachcomber is fine but I literally do not think you can screw that up, and Devcon is surprisingly bad for such a simple toy - the proportions are really wonky. I do not care about Armada's awful designs.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Pretty nice reveals, overall.

I am happy with Devcon (never thought I'd see the day!). Beachcomber looks good but I still feel like we had a relatively recent modern update on him. Oh well.

I like how Armada Megs turned out so I will probably pick him up.

Nemesis was inevitable but looks to be shaping up pretty well. Again, I don't care at all about the character or robot mode, so that is completely lost on me. Kind of weird that she didn't (or doesn't appear to) come with some Deluxe-ish / small Voyager-ish figure like Mainframe with the Ark. I'll probably get it but it will remain in ship mode.

We knew SS86 Brawn was coming but it's too bad that there wasn't a prototype or something to show how the actual figure will look.

Overall, a pretty decent showing.

Magnusblitz

Citizen
Black Lio Convoy doesn't look very black, instead it's burnished steel... which is fine, I guess, but I doubt it's what most people are looking for.

Dirge's tan seems a bit too bright, but could just be the lighting.

Armada Megs looks great but looks to really miss his accessories and needs something to hold in robot mode, like Leader-1 or a shiv or something. Can his tank cannon swivel around to his hip?

Devon does look a little weirdly off, mainly the spindly upper legs? Might look better in other poses.

Happy to see the Junkion molds getting new color schemes, but I like all the old parts on the Scraphook mold way better than the remolded parts on Axel Grease.

Are those the final colors for Nemesis or are big chunks still prototype and the end one will be mostly purple?

Last edited:

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Thoughts:

Beachcomber and Devcon both look great. Both very "Stepped from the Cartoon" perfect. The bird with Beachcomber is a fun neat touch.

Axlegrease looks AMAZING. The Colors and design looks like it could have absolutely been a background extra in G1S3 and given I always wanted toys of those as a kid she really hits some awesome buttons for me.

Dont care about either of the Voyagers. I'm torn on Armada Prime and Megatron. I've not been buying modern Armada updates because 1) I can't buy everything and 2) the Minicon actions were such a big part of what made the originals fun they just seem lacking without. BUT the original Armada Megs is my favorite Megs toy ever and Prime looks good too. They are tempting. Might end up wishlist stuff.

Nemesis is not perfect, there are a few things I would have done a little different, BUT I love the concept and she looks plenty good enough that I want her to go with the Ark.

-ZacWilliam, hoping Dion/Erial are as easy to get as Trion/Orion...

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Beachcomber cleans up nice... I wasn't going to get him but I might now. The bird is ridiculous.

Devcon looks extremely good for being a Blurr retool. Hadn't planned on getting him either, but I kinda want to now.

Alexgrease looks pretty good all things considered, but I'm a little bummed that she's going to clash so much with the other junkions. Guess my SS RotB Scourge has a coconspiritor now. Supposedly she's going to be a pretool of Lockdown, and her keeping the hook seems to gel with that idea. Shame, she's going to be a short Lockdown.

Copy Convoy looks pretty accurate to the show. Shame he got painted pupils and Lio Convoy did not. Not planning on getting either version though.

Armada Megatron and Optimus are definitely great looking updates to the originals, but they lack a lot of the charm due to the lack of minicons and minicon functions. I'm trying to avoid getting tons of Primes and Megatrons so I'll probably skip this.

Shame the Nemesis was a prototype (and my heart goes out to the guy trying to transform a prototype while it's actively falling part). Figured she wasn't going to with an additional figure, and that was a bit of a bummer to be proven right on. Otherwise she looks really good and I like they're at least giving her guns, which is something I missed from the Ark. Can't wait to see her in the proper colors. Love that headsculpt and the battle mask.

Echoing the comments hoping the War Dawn 2 pack isn't hard to come by.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Preordered Axle Grease, Devcon, and the mini Dinobots. Still crazy that we're getting an official Devcon toy.

Definitely excited about the Nemesis. Both the ship mode and robot mode look great.

I love the insanity of a 5mm ported bird friend for Beachcomber, but I have the PotP one already so I can skip this one.

Last edited:

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I really don't see any difference in this release of Dirge and the Earthrise release. Am I missing something or is he pretty much the same?

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Okay, just making sure I didn't need to order this one as well. Thanks @Shadewing

Ordered Megatron and Axel. Devcon is sold out currently.

Last edited:

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Was he shortpacked or are people really excited to have an official Devcon figure
Hasbro has been keeping them pretty even packed. Apparently, some are REALLY excited for a Devcon figure.

I just put in my order for Dirge and Beachcomber. Love me some minibots and Dirge is a childhood favorite. I'm playing the waiting game and see if/when Hasbro does an Armada Galvatron, but I AM finding a surprising amount of...nostalgia?!...for Armada. God, we're getting old...

She got sidelined for budget reasons, but I LOVE Axelgrease's deco. That blue and pink just scream "1988" to me.

Last edited:

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
That Beachcomber and Armada Megatron are tempting to me. The Beachcomber I have is pretty good, but I want to see a size comparison to the rest of the 84 and 85 bots before I decide to upgrade him.

Top Bottom