Transformers Legacy toyline

Magnusblitz

Citizen
Went ahead and pre-ordered Cloudcover on Walmart. The comments here about their pre-order history has me leery, but they give me free shipping and didn't feel like paying $7 shipping on a $35 on Pulse. So, will take my chances.

It'd be cool to know what some of the thinking/discussions were about all of these cancelled G2 designs. I always wonder if they were intended to come out at roughly the same time as (or instead of) the other G1 mold re-uses, and got thrown out for being too 'out there', or if they were intended for later down the road, and then thrown out when they decided to shift to doing new molds instead. There does seem to be a mix of approaches - some guys are nearly the same as their originals (Optimus, Inferno, silver Dinobots), other guys have similar but subtly different decoes (Jazz, Starscream), some guys have the same deco with one major color shift (Constructions, second wave Dinobots), then there are some guys with wildly different color schemes (Ramjet, Aerialbots, Combaticons).

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
I had an elita-1 get canceled on me (Netflix version) but I got lucky and it came back in stock.. though the Legacy one is better, admittedly. I even got Cosmos and Galaxy Shuttle successfully.

But I seem to be on the luckier end of that spectrum.

LiamA

Citizen
Went ahead and pre-ordered Cloudcover on Walmart. The comments here about their pre-order history has me leery, but they give me free shipping and didn't feel like paying $7 shipping on a $35 on Pulse. So, will take my chances.

It'd be cool to know what some of the thinking/discussions were about all of these cancelled G2 designs. I always wonder if they were intended to come out at roughly the same time as (or instead of) the other G1 mold re-uses, and got thrown out for being too 'out there', or if they were intended for later down the road, and then thrown out when they decided to shift to doing new molds instead. There does seem to be a mix of approaches - some guys are nearly the same as their originals (Optimus, Inferno, silver Dinobots), other guys have similar but subtly different decoes (Jazz, Starscream), some guys have the same deco with one major color shift (Constructions, second wave Dinobots), then there are some guys with wildly different color schemes (Ramjet, Aerialbots, Combaticons).

My thought is that the G1 re-uses were just place holders until the new figures could be made.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Got a notice today that Shrapnel is getting ready to ship from Pulse. That typically means he’ll be going out in the next week.

Either this Legacy stuff is hitting fast, or I’ve just gotten used to a jacked up distribution where we get, like, 3 waves in the back 5 months of the year.

Btw, still haven’t got notification about Metalhawk, despite him shipping from some retailers.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
Got notice that Pulse is about to ship Prowl, Crosscut, and Crashbar. Went ahead and cancelled Crosscut and Prowl as Amazon beat Pulse to the punch and I don't want to pay shipping.

Echowarrior

Citizen
I've also gotten word about Prowl and Crashbar, plus Skyquake a couple days ago. Still no shipping notice for my Omega Sentinel, alas.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Got a notice that my Metalhawk and SS Rumble are shipping from Amazon. A little more notice would have been better since I wanted to switch them over to a gift card but still cool.

-ZacWilliam, much as I'm looking forward to Crashbar and Sheappnel I hope I have a little time before Amazon gets to them...

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
any Optimus Prime based variant is popular in all of Transformers in general. And Lio Convoy/Leo Prime has had a good number of US releases, back to the original toy being sold by Hasbro online.

-ZacWilliam, and Legacy is about celebrating the whole history of TFs so his popularity isn't really a factor anyway, a lot of Obscure characters/toys have gotten Legacy treatment.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I hope that means Rumble will be available at BBTS soon as I have been holding my PoL until his arrival. It's getting late enough now that I might wait until RotB Scourge comes in too before shipping.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Alright, so I finally got around opening tarn last night.

Perfect figure. The end. Great range of motion and articulation, nothing is wasted in either mode, and despite his size he is imposing. They absolutely nailed the character and his personification.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
How come Lio from Japan is in the Legacy line?
You already asked that.

Because the current Transformers team at Hasbro is made up of people who are fans of the Japanese side of Transformers, and they wanted to make the new toy of him in honor of the 25th anniversary of Beast Wars Second.

Same reason why they made Metalhawk in this line, for the 35th anniversary of Super-God Masterforce.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Is he popular in the west?
What does popularity matter? I think he's known in the west and that kids love animals. He seems like a perfect fit into the Legacy line to me.

I really would love to see some additional Beast Machines characters in the Legacy line though. I know I've talked about this far in the past in this thread, but a Commander Class Tankor would just make my decade. Deluxe Thrust and Voyager Jetstorm would only make my dream even more magical.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I really would love to see some additional Beast Machines characters in the Legacy line though. I know I've talked about this far in the past in this thread, but a Commander Class Tankor would just make my decade. Deluxe Thrust and Voyager Jetstorm would only make my dream even more magical.

I agree it's one of the big holes in Legacy IMO. I don't need everyone from the show, but a show design Jetstorm (non-existent outside of McDonalds) a Botanica and Core Class Nightscream would be great representation and fill in some big collection holes.

-ZacWilliam, I'd also love to ask for a Voyager or Leader Class Beast Machines Silverbolt but I feel like that pretty unlikely...

Top Bottom