Transformers Legacy toyline

SeeveeRay

I'll get better someday, hopefully.
Citizen
Tasmania Kid vs. Snarl: This made me think about how Hasbro went with Maximal Skywarp instead of Maximal Silverbolt in Kingdom. Using the Takara name instead of the old Hasbro one. But that was probably because there are two Maximal Silverbolts and they thought it would be confusing to use the same name for two different Maximals in modern times (didn't stop them back then, though). So that observation probably doesn't apply here.

In this case, I figure HasTak is going with Tasmania Kid because he's one of the important cast members in BWII. That's probably the only reason he's getting a toy to begin with. And possibly Takara had their say in this too. I know Maximal Snarl appears in the IDW BW comics and is fairly important there, but I don't think people remember those comics fondly enough (or fondly at all) for Snarl to take precedence over Tasmania Kid. And if they wanted to reference those comics, I figure they'd have focused on someone else like Razorbeast instead. But who truly knows but HasTak?

Shadewing

Citizen
I fully accept and appericate them being something different when we have the SS definative versions available.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
In this case, I figure HasTak is going with Tasmania Kid because he's one of the important cast members in BWII.
True, but, at the same time, BWII is still, admittedly, a show that the majority of the Western TF fandom has not yet watched, given how it wasn't finally subbed in full until about a decade or so after the allure of "the mysterious Japanese Beast Wars shows" had largely died down in the West.

It's still cool they're making the figure. It's just very unexpected, since Kid has nowhere near the level of appeal that other JBW characters like Lio Convoy have.

Shadewing

Citizen
I'm just glad to see their current Japanese TF love extend to not only BW, but lesser known Jap characters as well. Maybe we could get a core Stampy in the future.

Though, I'd also kinda love a Selects Bound Rogue as a repaint.

MrBlud

Citizen
Wild we’re getting Tasmanian Kid period.

SUPER wild he’s coming before they finish the Beast Wars show cast.

SeeveeRay

I'll get better someday, hopefully.
Citizen
I want a BW Neo Dead End that I can put in the signature pose of E.G. Mine from Trigun. The old figure can't do it. That's my weird little TF desire. I don't care how minor E.G. Mine is in both anime and manga. Do it. 😝

Darth_Prime

Citizen
I’m upset I missed the PoTP set. I’m glad though these studio series ones are coming out. And I like the combining aspect of the core set. But I’m skipping them as well. I also haven’t bought any of the core series figures.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I’m upset I missed the PoTP set. I’m glad though these studio series ones are coming out. And I like the combining aspect of the core set. But I’m skipping them as well. I also haven’t bought any of the core series figures.
There are still slightly OSKO versions knocking around as a boxed set, if you're interested.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
It's awesome if we're getting Tasmania Kid just conceptually, but "in practice" what it mainly made me think is "Stampy is *SO MUCH* cooler. Do him."

-ZacWilliam, still dying for Botanica and a Beast Machines Jetstorm that looks like the show.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
I don't think anybody's missing out on anything by skipping the POTP Dinobots TBH. Mediocre bot and altmodes that the Studio series Leader class toys do better all around with a stick figure for a combined mode.

Last edited:

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
Maybe in twenty years or so when the kids who grew up on PoTP and netflix Transformers start making disposable income. Then again they might preserve the hollowness and jank because accuracy lol

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I don't think anybody's missing out on anything by skipping the POTP Dinobots TBH. Mediocre bot and altmodes that the Studio series Leader class toys do better all around with a stick figure for a combined mode.
I wish I had got the Power Rangers version of the OSKO, rather than the G1-coloured set now.

Top Bottom