Transformers Legacy toyline

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
By the way, people are thinking we might get Monstructor? Surely that would require a lot more retooling than Dinoking would?

i mean Dinoking doesn't really require any. Maybe the combiner head if they really want to but the rest I can't imagine any more than straight recolors.

Monstructor I can imagine them going as straight recolors too but it'd be way off to the point I'd have no interest.

-ZacWilliam, my guess is we don't get Monstructor but if we did it'd need a fair bit of remolding to even consider to the point it might not be worth bothering for Hasbro.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm so excited about Skyquake. He's about perfect! I might have to pick up 2 to go with my Prime Dreadwing.
Shrapnel is the only other one I'm really excited about, mainly because I'm a huge Insecticon fan.
I'll probably pick up Prowl but not sure about anything else. Not that I don't think they're good, I just am being more selective with my purchases of late.

SeeveeRay

I'll get better someday, hopefully.
Citizen
I hope Dinoking's members have some retooling other than combiner head. At the least Goryu and Kakuryu need their unique dino horn arrangements. Dinoking's chest horns are also probably the main point behind Slug's horns being on Volcanicus's chest. So I hope for retooling there.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Was out of town for work all yesterday and missed the livestream, but catching up now.

Love the tiny Grimlock. Glad to see the correct transformation has a better looking tail than the official pic.

I'm all in on the Junkions. The more the merrier on those.

Shrapnel looks good, but I'm sticking with my Basic/Core sized versions that I put together over the course of the last couple of lines. I will absolutely buy them as repaints/remolds into the Deluxe Insecticons, though (I did manage to pick up the Buzzworthy Ransack already).

Twincast and Metalhawk are both decent enough looking, but I probably won't pick up either. I'm hoping that Blasters cassettes get released on their own, somehow. I'd love to have Rewind and non-translucent Eject, as well as a good Steeljaw and Ramhorn released in the Core size or a multipack or something.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Got an email from BBTS saying Twincast and Metalhawk will be processing soon.
What?! I, literally, just got Tarn.

Hasbro laughs at our attempts to budget...

In seriousness, I get the feeling Hasbro's rushing out some of this stuff to get them in the retail system before the focus on Rise of the Beasts for the next several months. I'm suspecting we might not see wave 3 until late fall.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
What?! I, literally, just got Tarn.

Hasbro laughs at our attempts to budget...

In seriousness, I get the feeling Hasbro's rushing out some of this stuff to get them in the retail system before the focus on Rise of the Beasts for the next several months. I'm suspecting we might not see wave 3 until late fall.

I wouldn't be surprised, but we'll see, what we do know is that the next stream is in March some time, exactly when, isn't clear, so budgets are not on Hasbro's agenda, its their profits that are on their agenda

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
SO glad they didn't go with that first design for Skyquake:

Magnusblitz

Citizen
I feel kinda dumb for not realizing there were elements of Predator Skyquake in the design, even though it's overall definitely Prime Skyquake.

I'd definitely be tempted by a repaint of Predator colors, especially if Needlenose gets a Predator remold too. Otherwise I'll probably just be waiting for the inevitable Dreadwing redeco. Which seems to be a popular take, I wonder how well this one will sell compared to later repaints...

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Don't feel dumb. It's not something that registered immediately for me, either; cool that it's in the mix, though. I don't have much of a connection to the fiction of Transformers Prime, but I always loved some of the designs. This version of Skyquake is so nice-looking, and I'm betting it will be enjoyable to Transform, too.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Those would both be great colors. There are so many options for just recolor without even needing to remold much.

prime Dreadwing
G1 Skyquake
MW Starscream
Universe King Atlas

has the potential to give the Datsun mold a run for its money.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
He is from what I have read as well. I'm just excited for the possible recolors we could get out of him outside of what has been leaked. Might take 3 - 5 years to get them all, but they are doable at low cost to HasTak and I think most people would be excited to get them.

Top Bottom