Transformers Legacy toyline

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
I feel that it ties into the quickly abandoned Energon weapon theme for the line.
That's the best explanation I've heard, although it's very much a "what's wrong with you people?" line of thinking.

Seriously, making the cassette-bots clear plastic... insanity....

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
That's the best explanation I've heard, although it's very much a "what's wrong with you people?" line of thinking.

Seriously, making the cassette-bots clear plastic... insanity....

They likely got a lot of clear plastic that didn't get used, left over and they need to use it up in whatever way they can, so Hot Shot as the roof of his alt mode done in clear plastic with paint put on top, the cassette bots get done as well, so clearly someone at Hasbro isn't thinking straight but then they did resently, well the Wizards department, pretty much put their foot in their mouths, but that a whole another story

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
They don’t have too much of any plastic. They design the molds before they order the plastic which costs peanuts regardless. The most expensive part of manufacturing aside from maybe R&D is making the steel molds so they put the cassette on the clear plastic molds since there isn’t any blue anywhere else on Blaster, they don’t have the paint budget to paint the all the cassette parts the right colors if they put them on shared sprues with Blaster and they have a limit on the number of molds per toy. It’s a compromise for sure but not because Hasbro ordered too much plastic.

Last edited:

Dake

Citizen
They likely got a lot of clear plastic that didn't get used, left over and they need to use it up in whatever way they can, so Hot Shot as the roof of his alt mode done in clear plastic with paint put on top, the cassette bots get done as well, so clearly someone at Hasbro isn't thinking straight but then they did resently, well the Wizards department, pretty much put their foot in their mouths, but that a whole another story

no-thats-not-how-this-works.gif

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
That MetalHawk looks great. Gonna have to think about Twincast. I don't know if it's worth the price, just for Rewind.

MrBlud

Citizen
It’s wild that this is the first Generations Twincast as Soundblaster has almost as many versions as there are Soundwaves…

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
It's likely because there was a time when Hasbro kept making Soundwave and Blaster from the same mold, and so making a blue-redecoed Blaster was considered redundant by default thanks to Soundwave already being blue.

Now, thanks them no longer sharing molds, and thanks there also being no Voyager class G1 Soundwave concurrently on the shelves, this Hasbro team finally found a way around that redundancy.

We might have gotten a Hasbro-made Twincast sooner if Takara had made the original Twincast any color other than Soundwave Blue back in 1987.

Last edited:

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
It has been commented on that Metalhawk may be incorporating a forward swept wing design similar to what the character had in the IDW comics. Would also let them get around citing him from a “Masterforce Universe”.
I like what I see. It’s authentic to the anime, and Cyclonus was among the better molds we got from Kingdom. Barring any major QC issues (some WERE cropping up on Selects Cyclonus…), he looks like a solid win.

Twincast? I mean, he’s not BAD. But with another couple bucks added to the Voyager retail price…I’m getting even pickier on my purchases. I applaud the accuracy, the deep cut AND the synergy with Metalhawk (both being Japanese characters who’ve never seen mass retail release on Hasbro’s side). But it’s still a redeco of a figure I have, and have more of an attachment to the character. I’m not even sure him getting a new head (a toy-design based head would have been nifty and better differentiate between the prior release) would have tipped the scale for me.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Odd that Hasbro would incorporate the biological heads etc into the Decepticon faux-pretenders, but not with Metalhawk...

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Now I’d just like to get proper autobot cassettes. Deception tapes have been ran to the ground I feel. I’d also like to see some of the other sets released. Not just the same 4 or 5.

Top Bottom