Transformers Legacy toyline

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Drag Strip is the only Stunticon who still has any consistent presence in stores right now, and that's mainly at Walmart due to the absolute glut of Wave 1 Deluxes they still have.

I only ever saw a single Wild Rider at Target once, and which I'm convinced was a damaged return since its box was in terrible shape. I never ever saw Dead End or Motormaster in stores. Nor Shadowstrip yet either.

I did see empty shelf spots at Target that were reserved for Motormaster, but no Motormaster toys on them.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Yeah, I never saw Motormaster at retail (or Rodimus, for that matter); Sky Lynx remains the only Commander-class toy I've spotted. But I've seen Dragstrip, Wildrider and Dead End a few times in my area.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
In Japan, I just pre-order everything from Amazon Japan our TT Mall. Don't collectors do the equivalent in other countries? Even if it's slightly more expensive, the guarantee of being the toys you want would be more preferable?

MrBlud

Citizen
I know Amazon has cancelled preorders for their exclusives before. A lot of people preordered but still got screwed on Dirge/Ramjet for example.

Given the limbs have shipped in multiple waves and the fact both Jetfire and Sky Lynx got further runs I figure MM will be the same way.

Glitch

Citizen
We're missing out on one hell of a comic series:
Marvel US Skullgrin and his liking of organics and disgust with how the Cybertronian Empire stomped them out.
Post Beast Wars TM2 Megatron as a watcher of Jhiaxus and Galvatron succumbing to their madness.
Marvel UK Skids facing demons from limbo or seeking revenge from Galvatron who put him there.
Armada cartoon Starscream after his death gets a taste of absolute power.
Sunbow Blitzwing after leaving the Decepticons or after his failedr leadership in Triple Takeover.
Marvel UK Needlenose witnessing the more ruthless Prime universe Autobots and having a breakdown.
Marvel US Blaster and his issues with leadership: given his rebellious ways against Perceptor and Grimlock, or -ations Blaster being the voice.

Last edited:

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
I know Amazon has cancelled preorders for their exclusives before. A lot of people preordered but still got screwed on Dirge/Ramjet for example.

They are also very, very fond of slapping shipping labels directly on the boxes of exclusive figures, then sending them hurdling willy-nilly through the shipping process. And yes, that is how I learned that one must indicate that their exclusive figure is a "gift" in order for it to be packaged properly. Meanwhile, 99% of the other, non-collectible items that I've ordered are packaged as though they were priceless, highly-collectible faberge eggs.

Last edited:

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen

Given the limbs have shipped in multiple waves and the fact both Jetfire and Sky Lynx got further runs I figure MM will be the same way.
FWIW, I've never had an exclusive cancelled by Amazon. I've had a package lost, but that's not an explicitly Amazon issue. I think both Amazon and Hasbro have done a LOT to mitigate those issues over the past few years.
They are also very, very fond of slapping shipping labels directly on the boxes of exclusive figures, then sending them hurdling willy-nilly through the shipping process. And yes, that is how I learned that one must indicate that their exclusive figure is a "gift" in order for it to packaged properly. Meanwhile, 99% of the other, non-collectible items that I've ordered are packaged as though they were priceless, highly-collectible faberge eggs.
That's become less of an issue the past few years. Hasbro's been shipping most of their stuff in SOIC boxes, to avoid this particular issue. My Heavy Assault Roadblock was shipped within another box inside another box and so was pristine when I got it.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
We're missing out on one hell of a comic series:
Marvel US Skullgrin and his liking of organics and disgust with how the Cybertronian Empire stomped them out.
Post Beast Wars TM2 Megatron as a watcher of Jhiaxus and Galvatron succumbing to their madness.
Marvel UK Skids facing demons from limbo or seeking revenge from Galvatron who put him there.
Armada cartoon Starscream after his death gets a taste of absolute power.
Sunbow Blitzwing after leaving the Decepticons or after his failedr leadership in Triple Takeover.
Marvel UK Needlenose witnessing the more ruthless Prime universe Autobots and having a breakdown.
Marvel US Blaster and his issues with leadership: given his rebellious ways against Perceptor and Grimlock, or -ations Blaster being the voice.
I'm pining for a Grand Mal just to wrap my "Fanon" of Beast Megatron completing his scheme of trying to take over the multiverse with a satisfying "final villain".

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I'm pining for a Grand Mal just to wrap my "Fanon" of Beast Megatron completing his scheme of trying to take over the multiverse with a satisfying "final villain".
You know what's funny? When I was putting together the big expanded universe timeline for Beast Wars/Beast Machines/Universe as originally written by 3H and Fun Pub, I realized that the Universe War actually ends with Optimus Primal having one last loose end to deal with following Unicron's sudden disappearance. And that last loose end is... Megatron!

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
That's become less of an issue the past few years. Hasbro's been shipping most of their stuff in SOIC boxes, to avoid this particular issue. My Heavy Assault Roadblock was shipped within another box inside another box and so was pristine when I got it.

Well, my last two Amazon exclusives (just last year) arrived with stickers applied to the boxes, so it would seem that YMMV. The one that really stuck in my craw was the Megatron / H.I.S.S. Say what you will about the toy itself, but the packaging and artwork are gorgeous. But not mine. No, mine has a bunch of glue residue on the front of the box where I removed their stupid packing sticker. It's also nicely dog-eared and chewed up from the journey to my house, but hey, what did I expect for $90?

Last edited:

lightsyder

Citizen
You know what's funny? When I was putting together the big expanded universe timeline for Beast Wars/Beast Machines/Universe as originally written by 3H and Fun Pub, I realized that the Universe War actually ends with Optimus Primal having one last loose end to deal with following Unicron's sudden disappearance. And that last loose end is... Megatron!
That is one awesome timeline! I look forward to reading through it. That is one of my favorite eras / pieces of Transformers fiction.

Last edited:

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Tarn is a GREAT figure, the only downside is the fact he got no rolling wheels, if they had manged to incooperate that, it would only improve how awesome of a figure he is

What cracks me up is that they molded on fake rolling wheels on the underside. I'm sure its an artifact from a previous design iteration where there WERE real rolling wheels, but if you're not going to make them roll, just let him rest direction on the fake treads.

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
The wheel-nubs let him scoot across smooth floors easily without having excess friction from the entirety of the treads. Also, since they slightly lift him up, they help compensate for clearance issues caused by parts being slightly out of alignment.

Onyx

Citizen
Didn't see that. Looked up UK to US phone info and tried that. Still doesn't work. Also tried their mobile app, can make an account on there either.
UPDATE: Just got an email from GAME saying that: "Unfortunately, we can only do business in the UK I'm afraid. For that, you would not be able to create an account or place orders. Apologies for any inconvenience it may cause."

Well, back to refreshing Pulse at noon on Fridays.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The wheel-nubs let him scoot across smooth floors easily without having excess friction from the entirety of the treads. Also, since they slightly lift him up, they help compensate for clearance issues caused by parts being slightly out of alignment.

That is fair. I suppose the nubs do serve a function, even if they don't roll.

Top Bottom