Transformers Legacy toyline

Platypus Prime

Citizen
Keep in mind that there were 'Micromaster combiners' that were just two bots connecting to make one vehicle, so it may not be what we usually think of when they say 'combiner'.

I and a few others made my own Junkion combiner using four of the deluxe CW Wreck-Gars, the little one, and the Inferno remold of Hot Spot with a bunch of different reprolabels. If the new Junkions all run on 5mm ports, it might be really easy to incorporate them into the one I have.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
So are they an actual combiner, or just in the same way Weaponizers can be combined?

j43eRL3.jpg

Which reminds me, I still haven't worked Slammer into this thing.

Shadewing

Citizen
Well to be fair, they did try to attempt making the Fossilizer an actual combiner and not just 'randomly thrown togeather'

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
If they don't give it official instructions or an official name it's not an official Combiner imo.

-ZacWilliam, if someone gets paid for some instructions and/or a name gets through legal it's a real character, otherwise it's the designers playing around.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
I mean Wingfinger had parts unique to its combiner head, you cant really say its not official when it has combiner-specific parts.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I mean Wingfinger had parts unique to its combiner head, you cant really say its not official when it has combiner-specific parts.

I can. The concept that Fossilizers can combine is official. There is no official Fossilizer combiner.

-ZacWilliam, the theoretical ability to build a type of character is different from the existence of an actual character with a distinct official appearance or name.

Swerve

Life of the Party
Citizen
I mean, I hope there is a Combiner head for the Junkions. I'm okay if there is no official combiner directions, but would love a combiner head similar to the Fossilizers.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
So uh….speaking of combiners. I never saw Motormaster on shelf. Everywhere online is either out of stock or way over priced. Has he had his actual run in stores and that’s in? If so, I feel like a second run is needed of him. I don’t really want to complete the limbs if I can’t find him.

DefaultOption

Sourball
Citizen
I saw one Motormaster on the shelf in a Target up here in Ye Olde New England back in November, so I'd guess he's been as distributed as he's going to be.

Dake

Citizen
Yeah, I saw him a few times at Target, but not for a bit. Maybe he'll show up when someone empties their distribution warehouse ( or at a discount retailer).

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I actually bought mine off the shelf at my local Target. I cancelled my pre-order from my phone and walked out with him. It was the one and only time I ever saw one at retail.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I may have missed the boat on Motormaster too. I've never been super into the Stunticons so I kinda relegated him and the others after Drag Strip to "I'll put 'em on my Amazon wishlist and maybe I'll get them as Christmas gifts." Sadly it looks like MM sold out everywhere before Xmas.

On the one hand I'd kinda like him, but on the other that is a lot to drop on Stunticons when, again I've never really cared about the team.

Aerialbots I LOVE, Pretty much every other team I have nostalgic fondness for. Stunticons... Meh, they're ok. Not sure why.

-ZacWilliam, I think that might be the one Combiner where the original toys may have all been my little brothers rather than mine actually, so that might be it...

Last edited:

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Given the release of "Shadowstrip" in G2 Dragstrip colors, I wouldn't be surprised to see the whole team done up the same way, so that may be a second chance at the Motormaster mold if nothing else.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Some good new pics of Prowl up on Seibertron. I'm really liking this guy. I think he actually fits in really well as either a G1 version of Animated Prowl, or even as an Animated toy of a new character that would be one of Prowl's fellow police-bots. An old buddy from his academy days here in town for the week.

More pics on the link, these are just a couple of favorites.

PROWL.jpg

ANIMATED.jpg

Last edited:

Top Bottom