Transformers Legacy toyline

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Blame the tower of Babal, it was the cause of humanty unable to speak the same language according to the Bible!!
The bible was also created and constantly edited by an organization pretty much bent on oppressing the population. God didn't curse humans with multiple languages, the owners of the tower of babel did, and it was strictly so folks couldn't unionize.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
The bible was also created and constantly edited by an organization pretty much bent on oppressing the population. God didn't curse humans with multiple languages, the owners of the tower of babel did, and it was strictly so folks couldn't unionize.

They say history is written by the victors and the Bible shouldn't be taken at face value as a lot of it, is just made up in places, thou there is likely some truth to it, but given the fact its stories are well over two thousand years old, its like Chinise Whispers, where the account changes person to person!

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The QR code is something that's been brought up before, and it is such a great idea! They could get as elaborate with their stories and characterizations as they want to in that environment.

The Phazer

Citizen
I'm sure laws need to change, but it would be interesting if they could start getting away with a QR code on packaging that linked to a website with bios. One little QR code instead of the massive wall of fine print.
They've already done that, so no laws need to change.

But the bios were still one liners on the website.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Accurate translation still costs money so something long would cost more. It's a fixed cost though(only once for the entire run of the character) so it seems a strange place to cheap out.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I doubt it's the translation cost. It's the cost of hiring a writer at all.

A writter with imagination as a lot of writers in the mainstream comic book market at least aren't great talents these days, but give how that is, its no wonder, plus then there is admin costs and setting things up and getting bios approved by those in charge, yet its likely a lot of people don't even bother with the QR codes and just want to get their hands upon the actual products themselves as that is the main reason they got it in the first place!

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Yeah but that was just to unlock the toys in a now-defunct mobile game, it wasn't taking you to a website or whatever with bios for the characters.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I doubt it's the translation cost. It's the cost of hiring a writer at all.
No, it's the cost of designing, producing and appropriately distributing different packaging for different markets. As much as we can bemoan the standardization at play, I feel Hasbro probably DOES save money doing so. Instead of making sure the Euro packaging ends up in Europe, or having to make a different version of packaging to accommodate Canada and/or Mexico, they basically have a standardized packaging to ensure WHEREVER a box of toys ends up, it will adhere to local laws and be sellable retail inventory.

But, I think we CAN hold Hasbro to their lack of efforts on the digital front. Hasbro has largely let their digital presence stagnate to the point of being just above "pointless". The current, OFFICIAL, website doesn't even reflect the currently available retail products. If there is any place where Hasbro could do more to engage the consumer (even with social media) is with their official website.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
New listings, finally confirming the Commander and Titan for next year (it's exactly what everyone thought)

From Jtprime17:

Legacy:
Tra Gen Legacy EV Commander 2 (Armada Optimus Prime)
Product Number: F6160
EAN: 5010996126603

Tra Gen Legacy EV Titan 2 (Nemesis)
Product Number: F6161
EAN: 5010996123077

ROTB Mainline:
Tra TF7 Deluxe Butch (Cheetor)

Tra TF7 Core Voyager Assortment
Product Number: F5476
Tra TF7 Voyager Optimus Prime
Tra TF7 Voyager Rhinox
Tra TF7 Voyager Optimus Primal

Buzzworthy:
Tra BB TF7 Jungle Escape Pack

Studio Series:
Tra Gen Studio Series Dlx WFC Infantry

Shattered Glass:
Tra Gen SG LDR Grimlock

And from GotBot:

• Ex-BB movie 7 Hurricane at $22.99 CAD
• Collab 2 $149.99 CAD
• Collab 3 $47.99 CAD
• Collab 4 $114.99 CAD
• Collab 5 $59.99 CAD
• Collab 6 $47.99 CAD
• TF Gen Fan Exclusive 2 $76.99 CAD
• Generations MPM $236.99 (?) CAD
• Selects 1 $35.99 CAD
• Selects 2 $299.99 CAD
• Selects 3 $35.99 CAD
• Transformers BB SS Deluxe 1 $35.99 CAD
• BB SS 3 $76.99 (August release) CAD
• BB SS 4 $47.99 (August release) CAD
• TF Gen BB SS Leader 1 $76.99 CAD
• BB SS Voyager 2 $47.99 CAD
• SS Commander class $134.99 CAD (according to Jtprime17, this is Ultra Magnus!)
• M7 Animatronic changer $189.99 CAD (?)
• TF GEN BB SS TF-86 2 pack $76.99 CAD
• Legacy BB SS Deluxe $35.99 CAD
• Legacy BB Voyager $45.99 CAD

That Gotbot stuff is nuts; five collabs, some kind of fan exlcusive, mutliple selects, some BB SS stuff which if it's Bumblebee Studio Series hten why is there a TF-86 2 pack in there (Hoping that's Skywarp and Thundercracker, but the price doesn't line up) and holy cow a SS Commander Class Ultra Magnus?

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I’m going to call it right now that the Commander Magnus is not going to be able to justify the $100 it costs.

The Siege mold isn’t perfect but it’s definitely decent enough they didn’t need to go back to the well this soon.
What if they go for super cartoon accuracy and have it transform like the MP, with the cab fully integrated with the trailer?

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The Siege mold is pretty good. It did not translate well to an Earth mode, and wasn't supposed to. Kingdom is what we got when their first plan didn't work out. They wanted to do better, and I guess they decided it was going to bug them until they do it. Like redoing Arcee so soon.

ChessPieceFace

Citizen
I'm intrigued by the possibilities for this alleged Commander SS86 Ultra Magnus. I'd be interested in a Powered Convoy that is a blue Prime combined with a trailer, unlike the Masterpiece mold, and that looks good, unlike the Siege/Kingdom mold.

Badgertron

Citizen
Interesting that this includes what looks like a Shattered Glass Leader Grimlock. Wasn't there an existing rumour for a G2 Grimlock?

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I'm sure laws need to change, but it would be interesting if they could start getting away with a QR code on packaging that linked to a website with bios. One little QR code instead of the massive wall of fine print.
Isn't the US full of cheeky little scamps that put fake qr codes over legit ones for illegal hijinx, sh*ts and giggles? Those little criminal underworld rascals...

Nevermore

Citizen
So, has anyone in the US found a Walgreens Minerva in the wild? HasbroPulse seems to be chronically sold out, and checking Walgreens website, she was listed on the site but unavailable for the last month or so; now, I get an error message that "this item is no longer available on our site".

If they're showing up in stores, I can start hunting again, but it's 20+ miles to the nearest Walgreens for me, so I don't want to make a special trip if they just aren't out. Of the 6 I can travel 2, only 2 have had Deluxe Transformers at all, and those have been Kingdom waves...
Good news! Minerva apears to be finally showing up at Walgreens stores in the US! Multiple sightings by TFW2005 users.

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
SS86 Magnus would have to be really good to get me to consider switching out my upgraded CW Magnus. About the only thing I'm missing is ankle tilt, and I'm not sure I'd want to pay the Commander class price to get it.

I also worry that if it stays true to SS86 ideals, the inner robot would be omitted altogether, and I would very much miss the extra play value of it.

Top Bottom