Transformers Legacy toyline

DefaultOption

Sourball
Citizen
35zR7zw.png

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
So, has anyone in the US found a Walgreens Minerva in the wild? HasbroPulse seems to be chronically sold out, and checking Walgreens website, she was listed on the site but unavailable for the last month or so; now, I get an error message that "this item is no longer available on our site".

If they're showing up in stores, I can start hunting again, but it's 20+ miles to the nearest Walgreens for me, so I don't want to make a special trip if they just aren't out. Of the 6 I can travel 2, only 2 have had Deluxe Transformers at all, and those have been Kingdom waves...

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I just snagged Voyager Armada Starscream for 10% off on Amazon. Haven't been able to find him at stores yet so I'm happy I got him for a deal. All my deluxe versions will have their leader soon!

I bet all of the deluxes are plotting to overthrow him and proclaim themselves leader of the Decepticons!

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
As one who still has the original Animated Prowl, the Animated Samurai Prowl, and the Japanese-exclusive G1-colored Animated Elite Guard Prowl, I ask myself what this new G1-ified Animated Prowl offers me that those original toys don't?

At the very least, he's another case of a once round and curvy character made blocky. It seems only BW, G1, and UT characters are allowed to keep their curves if they originally had any. No curviness allowed for any Prime or Animated characters, apparently.

And that bike mode is CHUNKY. Nowhere near as sleek as his original bike mode.

Dake

Citizen
Everyone is saying Prowl looks blocky but I think he looks puffy. He looks like a Rescue Bot or something to me. He definitely doesn't look like the lean fighter we saw in Animated.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I had to check that the details match Animated Prowl, because at first glance I got Armada Sideways vibes. The details are definitely Prowl though, so maybe it's just me.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Love them both. I had been assuming that Prowl would be another remold of Legacy Prime Arcee, so I'm pleasantly surprised to see him in his own new design. It's definitely not as sleek as the original Animated Prowl, who to this day remains probably the best motorcycle Transformer ever, but as a reimagining of the character as a G1 bot, I think it works nicely.
The Junkion is awesome as well. Very excited about this whole Junkion sub-line.

Future_Erika

singularly focused
Citizen
As one who still has the original Animated Prowl, the Animated Samurai Prowl, and the Japanese-exclusive G1-colored Animated Elite Guard Prowl, I ask myself what this new G1-ified Animated Prowl offers me that those original toys don't?
He has heels now I guess.

He looks like he's been working out to me. I think it looks alright but I'm not going to be rushing out to get one.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen

Not looking completely weird when displayed with anything other than fellow Animated toys.

Not everyone is bothered by that, but there's definitely people who are just not going to buy an original Animated toy for that reason despite really liking a lot of things about the designs. And there's also going to be people who did buy the original Animated toys but see it as a dead-end collection that doesn't mix with their other stuff. Season 4 is never happening. Hasbro will never make new Animated toys that look like the old ones. They're just too far out there.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Animated had a definite strong and unique design aesthetic and style. Far stronger a more unique than any other line in the brands history. It was cool and unique and looks good as its own thing.

Having THIS Prowl in a form that matches the aesthetic of 90% of the rest of the brand is also very cool. I think he's gonna get renamed Streetstar in my brain.

Junkion really reminds me of a background generic from the G1 toon. Not sure if there is a particular one that he's sparking my memory of or if it's just the overall vibe but I like it a lot

-ZacWilliam, Floro Dery made him up for a background shot is an aesthetic I'd like on more new characters.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
One of the reasons I didn't bother with 99% of the animated line is that it was the only line of TF toys (IMO) that didn't display with any other line, both aesthetically and "by the laws of physics". Beast Machines, even though weird, "fitted" with other figures because they were meant to be an "evolution" of the TF race. Animated just seemed to be G1 characters seen through some bizarre "toon lense", rather than an actual physical state.

I imagine that anyone entering the Animated universe would look "animated" and vice versa in any other universe.

This Prowl is simply what he would look like upon entering any other universe and he looks, to me, all the better for it.

I'm glad I can start to get, for me at least, the "proper/correct" animated characters in this line. May more be released this way!

MrBlud

Citizen

At the very least, he's another case of a once round and curvy character made blocky. It seems only BW, G1, and UT characters are allowed to keep their curves if they originally had any. No curviness allowed for any Prime or Animated characters, apparently.

And that bike mode is CHUNKY. Nowhere near as sleek as his original bike mode.

He is round though. Look at the bike chest.

I think that part in particular is actually *rounder* than on the original toy.

I’m not wild about the head but it’s super strange to see people acting like this is an abomination on par with Prime Bulkhead when I’m struggling to see how they could possibly thread the needle between “blocky G1” and “lithe Animated” any better.

Top Bottom