Transformers Legacy toyline

SeeveeRay

I'll get better someday, hopefully.
Citizen
This toy was from 11 years ago.

You really don't think retailers might change their minds about this kind of stuff over the course of a decade?

(Really I think the answer is probably Hasbro decided that it'd be better to have Optimus Prime be deco'd in Santa-stylings rather than promoting a massive retailer - be better for the kids and parents)
It is from 11 years ago. But the Studio Series Leadfoot was from only 2 years ago. And it had the Target logo. So we should be counting from there. :3 (not that Hasbro couldn't have changed their policy any time in the last two years, of course)

Lobjob

Citizen
If he didn't have a nose, I'd say he's perfect as is for King Atlas or MW Starscream. Since he has one i hope a super slavish head sculpt is in the waiting. Either way, this in MW Starscream colors could easily be one of my favorite figures of the past couple years.

SeeveeRay

I'll get better someday, hopefully.
Citizen
It's a good-looking Skyquake (albeit a flat-chested one). I only wish they didn't insist on Prime characters having noses. I guess Animated Optimus will have one too. 😖

Also not sure why they'd do Skyquake before Dreadwing. But I guess they did that during the Prime line too, huh? Nope. Dreadwing was released first back then. :unsure:

EDIT: Flat-chested instead of rounded, you naughty imps. ;P

Last edited:

Dake

Citizen
Also not sure why they'd do Skyquake before Dreadwing. But I guess they did that during the Prime line too, huh?

Yeah - seems like an easy way to get the less exciting repaint done while taking advantage of the "new mold" sales.

Dake

Citizen
According to tfwiki and Dave's site... yes. I have no idea why I remembered that wrong.

You're not alone - I definitely thought we got them in that order too. Oh well.

Anyway, I like the looks though it's strange the head has so little paint detail. I'd dismiss it as an unfinished proto but everything else seems done. Meanwhile, I prefer this paint scheme to either Starscream (more black and gray) or even King Atlas. Truthfully, I wish this matched the original Skyquake paint scheme more (but I know it's the Prime version so...).

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Yeah, everyone knows its not Skyquake without his iconic double D's!
ede56f3166b0436049200960960e0dea.jpg

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I've seen digibashes of all three, and they all work. They look good with giant shoulder pads.

Top Bottom