Transformers Legacy toyline

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Forget retooling Optimus into Optimus, make it Energon Rodimus!

I think Legacy G2 Optimus could pull that off more than this mold, thou I expect we won't see another Rodimus for a couple of years as a toy, so maybe 2024 or 2025 going by the time span between the last two figures, but then, some characters have gone decades in between new toys that aren't just name dumps!

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Screw Archforce AND Sureshot!

I’m talking the Blue and red unproduced Combat Hero Optimus Prime deco that compliments this beauty we got back in 2019

If they ever do release the mold as "Amazon Prime," the cab would already be pretty close:
maxresdefault.jpg

r_combat-hero-optimus-044.jpg

Lobjob

Citizen
Also, the more i look at the original cab for optimus/sureshot, the cooler it looks. The angles, the wicked vents; its just a pretty awesome cabover for Prime. Makes me wonder if repainting this would even be worth it when they could pluck this entire design out of obscurity and do it real justice.

And yeah, if they ever do that Amazon one, the dark blue is the way to go.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Also realizing that design is 12 years old is...quite something.
I had a similar moment in the EB games a week or so ago. I was holding the box for the original BW scorponok, and while inspecting it I came to the conclusion that I wasn't going to buy it because I still have the original... the original I bought in high school... 25 years ago.

Lobjob

Citizen
Its wild. Time just gets faster and faster and gauging it by toy releases surely ramps it up.

I have to tell myself that when my instinct is to go "they just released that character!" when its actually been six years, or whatever. Its tough.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
True. I cherry-picked the dark blue color variant, which does seem a little more rare in the wild.
Still, it might be a way for Hasbro to get around the alleged reason for why they couldn't release it in Amazon colours. Then they could sell it anywhere and then allow Amazon to include free "Prime" stickers with any version sold by them.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Still, it might be a way for Hasbro to get around the alleged reason for why they couldn't release it in Amazon colours. Then they could sell it anywhere and then allow Amazon to include free "Prime" stickers with any version sold by them.

I guess I hadn't heard the scuttlebutt on why the original Amazon Prime got cancelled. What was the rumored reason?

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
I figured it was just that Amazon was experiencing some public backlash due to their terrible working conditions in their warehouses and Hasbro decided it was maybe better to put that project on hold until the heat died down.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I guess I hadn't heard the scuttlebutt on why the original Amazon Prime got cancelled. What was the rumored reason?
I heard (in the review above?) that Walmart, BBTS etc didn't want Amazon to sell an exclusive version and/or a regular retail version that advertised a rival retailer.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
That doesn't make much sense. Amazon sells plenty of exclusive TFs available nowhere else. This would obviously be that. Stores clearly don't object to other stores having exclusives because they all have plenty of those.

-ZacWilliam, and if other stores wanted an equivalent it would have been easy enough to redeco it as one of there trucks. It pretty much has to be Amazon didn't want it, or (less likely imo) Hasbro didn't want to be that closely tied to Amazon.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I heard (in the review above?) that Walmart, BBTS etc didn't want Amazon to sell an exclusive version and/or a regular retail version that advertised a rival retailer.

That doesn't make much sense. Amazon sells plenty of exclusive TFs available nowhere else. This would obviously be that. Stores clearly don't object to other stores having exclusives because they all have plenty of those.

-ZacWilliam, and if other stores wanted an equivalent it would have been easy enough to redeco it as one of there trucks. It pretty much has to be Amazon didn't want it, or (less likely imo) Hasbro didn't want to be that closely tied to Amazon.

Yeah, I'm not sure that holds water. It wouldn't even be the first time that an exclusive was branded specifically to the store that's selling it:

HA_Leadfoot.jpg

Kup

Citizen
Suddenly I like the idea of the Amazon Prime mold released universally at all stores with their own branding. Best Buy, Target, Meijer, Walmart, even Amazon. Make it the next Seeker mold. Home Depot, Lowes, Menards could even get in on the action. A fleet of Primes, each with its own branding.

Maybe even TRU could have a version, since the brand is trying to reestablish themselves via Macys.

Top Bottom