f3008-prod-tra-dlx-skids-0001-online-2000sq-16347416150522.jpg
f3008-prod-tra-dlx-skids-0002-online-2000sq-16347416150531.jpg
f3055-prod-tra-voy-bulkhead-0001-online-2000sq-16347416223622.jpg
f3055-prod-tra-voy-bulkhead-0002-online-2000sq-16347416223622.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
It's a G1'd up Bulkhead.

I didn't ever think they were gonna be able to make a better toy with today's budgets than he had in Prime so I'm cool with them taking an entirely different approach. I might like that to go on my G1 shelf.

Skids looks good. Exactly as expected but that's fine.

Is it me or does it look like their translucent weapons will combine.

Cuirious how the Prime Arcee will look. If it will be G1'd as well...

-ZacWilliam, I am impressed that they only "Pre-Announced" 2 toys. That's some surprising self control

Last edited:

MrBlud

Citizen
That’s so bad.

I think Prime is VASTLY overrated but that’s flat out insulting for fans. It’s some GDO level bullshit. Makes me think Prime Arcee is just going to be an Arcee head on friggin 2010 Wreck-Gar…

The Phazer

Citizen
Ooff, neither of those look very good at all. Cost cutting is really beginning to heavily damage the line. Skids just looks half finished due to lack of parts count. Bulkhead just looks ill concieved.

Paladin

Citizen
Honestly it looks like a really fine G1 style toy to me.

The only flaw I can see in this figure is if you wanted something that looked like big round Prime Bulkhead.

-ZacWilliam, This clearly wasn't tryin to do that at all. But it looks like it does a good job of what it's trying to do imo.

I think the problem is that Bulkhead should not BE a G1-style toy; Hasbro should move the **** on and remember that OTHER. SHOWS. AND. ART. STYLES. EXIST!!!!

if the rest of the stuff we've heard about for Legacy is more refocused Sunbow-styled crap, count me the hell out.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Wanting a Bulkhead that actually looks like the Bulkhead we were told to be getting is not a bad thing.

You were not told you were getting that by Hasbro.

Hasbro announced nothing and promised you nothing.

If a leaker made you think you'd get a Prime-style Bulkhead and instead Hasbro was always making a G1-reimagined Bulkhead that's not their fault or the toys.

-ZacWilliam, it just seems silly to me to reject a good looking toy because you imagined something the wrong way.

Kup

Citizen
Considering the distribution issues we’ve been having for the past decade, just remember folks you’re gonna be seeing these two warm shelves way into 2023.

Not impressed with either. Not really a Prime fan, but feel bad for those who are.

Skids looks terrible. For as many knock it out of the park figures we had in Kingdom and Earthrise, this is the exact opposite of that.

The Phazer

Citizen
I think the problem is that Bulkhead should not BE a G1-style toy; Hasbro should move the **** on and remember that OTHER. SHOWS. AND. ART. STYLES. EXIST!!!!

if the rest of the stuff we've heard about for Legacy is more refocused Sunbow-styled crap, count me the hell out.

I can't really see the point of making Prime toys in Prime's art style tbh. You will be getting the toys we already got but worse due to smaller budgets. Why? If you want those reissues would be better for toys in genuine demand.

I mean, I loved the original RID but every RID homage toy from Siege was an instant skip.

Kup

Citizen
Gonna add one more thought: both toys on their own I think are fine.

As representations of “Legacy” characters, not so much.

Give these two a new head and new color scheme with original names and they might be exciting.

Paladin

Citizen
and when that Bulkhead comes out & shelfwarms like mad because it's a Wave 1 release and looks awful, the takeaway from execs will be "welp, nobody wants Prime-era stuff! Back to G1 until the end of time!"

Top Bottom