Transformers: Last Bot Standing - IDW Publishing comic miniseries

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Oh, this actually sounds like a great way to cap off IDW's run.

Hopefully, EJ Su can give a few pages that painterly style he used way back in Spotlight Cyclonus, though that might be hard in such a tight deadline.

Last edited:

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
So the May solicitations offer another cover image, and appears it is indeed Roddy, but looks like it could be the MTMTE/LL Roddy. If it is him, and not just a case of reusing the design, I wonder if it's the beaten-down main universe version, or the dimension-hopping quantum duplicate. And is this set in either of the main IDW universes, or some other one that he ended up in?

Regardless, I'm definitely intrigued.

IDW-522-002.jpg

Glitch

Citizen
Last we saw of Rodimus was him arriving at Ratchet's funeral late and drunk, he was part of a crew of a ship called Exitus commanded by Thunderclash. It would be harsh thinking the Galactic Council came down on the Cybertronians and hunted them to the ends of the universe resulting in this scenario.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen

Blot

Citizen
How easy is it to get a variant cover? I don't buy comics, but I want cover D.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Ah, gotcha. Same thing, you should be able to order it online once it released or get a comic shop to order one in for you. I think preorders for the books have closed on Diamond's side, because I don't see anyone pre-selling Cover D for #1 right now online. (I'm not seeing anything on TFAW, Forbidden Planet, MyComicShop, or Mile High.) It'll probably be easier to find once the book actually releases. And if all else fails, there's always eBay.

It's worth noting, if you haven't picked up a IDW comic in a while, that most IDW comics include a cover gallery of all the covers for that issue. So, even if you miss out on the cover you want, for whatever reason, you'll still get a full page of the artwork, anyway. You probably already know that, but just in case you didn't.

Again, if you have a local comic shop, they'd probably be able to hold a copy for you.

Last edited:

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
So we got more cover images for issue 2 of the miniseries, and...um...it looks like we might have a surprise character showing up?

TFLastBotStanding-02-Cover-A.jpg

Is...that supposed to be Moon from Beast Wars II?
BWII_Moon_toy.jpg

Okay, this might take a turn...

Looking at an alternate cover which has some silouhettes that apparently we may recognize...

Definitely looks like Moon too on the far left.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
FP06K0SXwAMnWp8.jpg

Hmm...I see....

Moon
Tonbot or Jetstorm
Botanica...or Longrack?
Shadow Panther?
Shokaract or Rampage
Obsidian
Ramulus or Power Hug?
Scuba?
Lio Junior or Tasmanian Kid?

Yeah, these are really hard to parse with the redesigns. They're probably all Beast-era characters, though.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
July solicitations for #3 are up.
STL231045.jpg

I did not see Old Man Wheelie coming.

Steeljaw, Scylla, Esmeral (I think), and...maybe Thunderblast?

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
July solicitations for #3 are up.
STL231045.jpg

I did not see Old Man Wheelie coming.

Steeljaw, Scylla, Esmeral (I think), and...maybe Thunderblast?
The red-pink cat faced one is:

Salt-Man Z

that is not dead which can eternal lie
Citizen
Well, I was not expecting anything that I just read! Some lovely misdirection by Roche/Su. Can't wait to see where this goes.

Magnusblitz

Citizen
An intriguing beginning (especially the necklaces), and a decent fake-out with the nameless Visitor purposely sharing Rodimus' silhouette. I would've preferred a little bit more to go on as it's only a 4 issue mini, but we'll see how it goes.

I wonder if the horses sharing the name of Hot Rod's targetmaster partners is a hint or just a nod.

Top Bottom