Transformers: EarthSpark

Swerve

Life of the Party
Citizen
I already got Thrash off Amazon...he's a pretty good figure and looks good with the deluxe figures.

Attachments

• IMG_20230430_172052054.jpg
    IMG_20230430_172052054.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 95

RichardT519

Citizen
It would be easier to get him from Amazon if they would have listed him better.

Where did they get "Steve" from?

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Peeked in Walmart today to see if they had anything exciting. Only thing new was Warrior Earthrise Jawbreaker, with the Spoiler of a not yet in the show alt-mode. so I grabbed him.

Verdict. His design is really good. His engineering is pretty good. His material is pretty darn thin and fragile feeling.

-ZacWilliam, It's pretty near a good enough toy design to be a regular retail deluxe but you can also really tell that's his the cheap kids line. Still happy to have grabbed it.

Swerve

Life of the Party
Citizen
Surprised that these warrior class ones are good, but feel like we are being tricked into buying some of these characters twice when they reveal the deluxe versions. Shame as it seems like the warrior class fit well with the deluxe.....though scale does not seem to matter for this line.

Galvaplexia

Flamboyant Cuddles!!!
Citizen
Y’all. I’m up to Ep 12 having bought the episodes on Amazon Prime.

Some random musings:

This is the best Transformers show I have ever seen period. This is my favorite TF show. The characters are so complicated, 3-dimensional. and well-written. There’s growth in them. For example, it’s interesting to see Twitch start emerging as the Terrans’ defacto leader. Or at least she’s developing those Optimus Prime-levels of feels of responsibility towards her family.

I love what they did with Tarantulas; it was such an unexpected surprise twist on his character that blended his portrayals in both BW as a scientist and in IDW as a fatherly-type and I am here for it.

Love that crafty introvert awkward panda Nightshade spent their entire time building a base for everyone. Love any enby and this is pretty much what you’d get from them.😋 Also love how self-assured they are about themself to the point of them not wanting or caring to want an alt mode but only got one out of necessity.

Also trying to figure out what the Earth equivalent coming-of-age cultural marker equivalent is for a Transformer finding their alt mode. The way they wrote Jawbreaker’s dialogue related to him not yet finding his alt mode reminds me either of someone not yet finding their passion in life and it being ok to be a late bloomer professionally; or someone trying to figure out their sexuality and competing against heteronormative standards and not quite knowing how they feel sexually and still trying to figure it out, and the show validating that that is ok too, being a sexual late-bloomer if you are queer in a cisheteronormative world.

Anyway, so well-written. And the fight scenes are GLORIOUS. Especially that Optimus and Megatron versus the Seekers. One of the top TF battles of all time IMO.

Sooo looking forward to future eps.🥰😍🥰

Last edited:

RichardT519

Citizen
Having seen the Jawbreaker/Starscream Warrior wave at multiple Walmarts, I can safely presume that it's approaching full distribution.

Lush City

Citizen
My favorite pieces of Transformers Fiction were Trasnformers Animated, Beast Machines, The first 15 minutes of the 1980s movie., Scioli and Barber's GI Joe vs Transformers, Ask Vector Prime, and Tfwiki. Will I like this show?

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
First season is human centric. Season 2 is kid Transformers learning about living. Not a lot of action but when there is, it looks great.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
First season is human centric. Season 2 is kid Transformers learning about living. Not a lot of action but when there is, it looks great.
Season 2 hasn't started yet. The second batch of episodes is Season 1 Part 2. There's still one more batch of Season 1 episodes to go before Season 2 comes.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Season 2 hasn't started yet. The second batch of episodes is Season 1 Part 2. There's still one more batch of Season 1 episodes to go before Season 2 comes.
Which, frankly, I find shocking. Each time they end a batch they drop an episode (or two parter.) which are absolutely PERFECT season enders. I think earthspark might just be the greatest transformer series just from the quality and care put into the writing, and I say this as a guy who literally grew up with beast wars.

Dvandom

Citizen
I think it was written and paced for the streaming-era mini-seasons, but actually released as the true seasons counter to the writer-screwing norms.

---Dave

Top Bottom