Transformers: EarthSpark

blueskyscribe

Citizen
I must disagree with some other posters and state that I hope Hashtag keeps her awful accent forever. I'd love it if every Transformers (including the generic American accented ones) had weird pseudo accents that are slightly off from the dialect they're based on.

I'm also unfazed by her name. I'm a MLP fan, I'm used to names like Tink-a-Tink-a-Too, Pinkie Pie, and Goodie Goodie.

Cybersnark

Citizen
I love that Hashtag's ridiculous accent just kinda stuck. No big character-based reveal. I also loved Wheeljack's appearance and want to see more of him as Twitch's Dad-2. And yeah, Skywarp's teleporting has never been this cool.

I'm also impressed that they've managed (or been allowed) to use names that could legitimately work as new/original characters as opposed to the 800th coming of "Sideswipe" or "Hotshot" (the only other Thrash toy represents an unnamed Infernocon from TLK, the only Jawbreaker we know is a Maximal from 300 years in the future, Hashtag is a G.I. Joe, and the other Nightshade is an unreleased Botbot).

Before the Quintus Prime reveal, I was wondering if the pool was a Vok structure, and if Mandroid's Arachnomechs were based on ancient wreckage from Tarantulas' spider-bots. . .

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
InDemandToys has posted in package images of the first couple waves of Earthrise Deluxe, including image backs. These images have revealed the last of the initial “Mandroid Series” figures: Nightshade and Grimlock.

I’m eager to see Grimlock in action, and what little I see of the design seems evocative of the MTMTE design he sported.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Future episode spoilers based on the packaging

Looks like Mandroid is getting a second robot arm finally. I thought it might be Bumblebee's, but it doesn't lineup right. It's the right shape to be Nova Storm's, but the colors don't quite line up. New Seeker, perhaps?

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Yeah, mandroid's whole schtick is pretty cliched. He'll become the thing he hates to beat the thing he hates.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
While slowly dissecting and transplanting cybertronian parts... Mark my words, he'll be a transformer by the end of his story.

Edit, there's the disconnect: he doesn't hate ROBOTS. He hates CYBERTRONIANS.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
As mentioned above, looks like the show is continuing the Cyberverse fashion of build-a-figure Deluxe waves. They look good. (Bee looks to be an ER Sunstreaker-like situation though where the paint and plastic match doesn't look as good in photos.)

Pics from In Demand Toys:
316311452_3339320492978512_8216340259323133343_n.jpg
316240983_3339320296311865_2364573566623993966_n.jpg
316127161_3339320189645209_185835628844288432_n.jpg
316157628_3339320319645196_455583005402168480_n.jpg
316210170_3339320459645182_8527805180361002676_n.jpg

Dvandom

Citizen
Okay, I'm through Decoy, will probably finish tomorrow. I am curious if anyone has the
the complete text on the wall
in "Decoy," my Roku's ability to do precision frame advance is...limited, to be kind. I was able to see most of it, but I still missing some important bits.

General thoughts so far: for the most part, it feels like a Rescue Bots sort of story in tone, but every so often there's much darker elements of the setting that show through, as if Rescue Bots had come out and said "Oh, Earth is Unicron" at any point. Some episodes definitely focus more on that side of things, though, which is an odd tonal decision. Some episodes feel Disney Jr., others more Adult Swim, instead of having two parallel series to deal with the tonal tracks separately. I'm not sure this can last, there's either going to be a major Loss Of Innocence moment, or they keep pushing down on the darkness until the kids would have to be idiots to not notice.

---Dave

Shadewing

Citizen
Future episode spoilers based on the packaging

Looks like Mandroid is getting a second robot arm finally. I thought it might be Bumblebee's, but it doesn't lineup right. It's the right shape to be Nova Storm's, but the colors don't quite line up. New Seeker, perhaps?

My guess is that is is supposed to be Nova Storm's arm. It's very much a seeker arm; and I'm not sure we'll see two Black and Yellow seekers. Wouldn't be the first time the toyline and show had details different

Plutoniumboss

Citizen
Wait, do I see correctly that Mandroid has two left arm pieces? Do they both end up on the figure, or is it a swappable option?

MrBlud

Citizen
I think the second is so people who already have Cyberverse Shockwave can skip the mold reuse but still complete Mandroid.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Saw the first two eps.

- the Decepticons featured. The bigger one at the end made me happy
- the treatment of THAT Decepticon
- the animated flashback, hahaha

Dislike
- Prime's face
- enemy isn't Archeville?
- the humans
- Twitch and Thrash names

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Just brainstorming, but, you guys know what I'd like to see happen in this show? I'd like to see Hot Rod introduced into the show in such a manner like this: Since the space bridge's destruction cut off the Earth-based Autobots and Decepticons from Cybertron, there was no contact between Cybertron and Earth, meaning neither planet had any way of knowing about anything that was going on the other planet.

With many years having passed since the end of the Great War on Earth and the show's present day, I'd like to see the Autobots on Cybertron believe that Optimus Prime was lost for good, and had since elected a new leader, with Hot Rod having become Rodimus.

Though, rather than via the Matrix, this Rodimus would have simply matured on his own and proven himself a confident and capable leader through growth and experience. Though, he'd still have the fun-loving adventurousness of his youth to balance out the weight of his new sense of responsibility. He'd be a serious leader who also has a fun side.

And most of all, with "Family" being such a heavy theme in this show, here's the biggest twist on this new version of Rodimus: When he and Optimus would finally reunite on Earth, having not seen each other for the first time in years, Optimus would reveal to the Maltos (and to us, the viewers) that this version of Rodimus... is Optimus Prime's own son!

This would also tie in to why Hot Rod, of all bots, would have stepped up to the role of leadership. He'd want to honor his missing dad by following in his footsteps and filling the big shoes that Optimus left to fill.

And this is all just wishful thinking on my part, but I feel the perfect voice actor for a Rodimus who is both grownup and still young at heart would be Townsend Coleman. Using his natural voice.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Can't read the whole thread cuz I haven't seen all 10 eps yet.

Saw ep3-5

I still can't see Bumblebee as cool. Even/especially after TF RiD.

The cybersleeves connecting feelings could have been made cooler. Like Transectors or whatever from Masterforce with the Headmasters.

They didn't show boardgames owned by Hasbro?

There should be cow Transformers, haha

Can't wait to see the backstory on Megatron.

---

Swindle, wow. That's low.

Too much kids acting up. More Twitch and Thrash instead of the kids.

It would have been cool if Swindle was really looking for his friend. Like, made him more sympathetic.

---

Love the voice actor, hate the character. Marc Evan Jackson, woo!

Nice training room.

Hope we see Skullcruncher in action again.

Dvandom

Citizen
I wonder if the story editors and writers expected this to be a weekly release with no break, or perhaps with Decoy as the break point, because there was nothing at the end of the last episode about Soundwave's jailbreak.

---Dave

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Saw the last four eps. Can finally read the whole thread after.

Ep6 - loved it. It's not about the Filipino culture thing (like the mananaggal is more known to me than the wakwak but I guess they're more gross. And not everybody knows how to use arnis, escrima sticks). Focusing on Twitch looking for a Cybertronian father figure was just great. Her closing her eyes and waiting for a hug that never came was almost heartbreaking.

See, just focus on the kid Transformers. No need for actual kids, haha.

Love the guest star. But why is the beard white?!? I just got used to the look but they gave him a new accent and personality. Still, love LOVE!

Ep7 - school. Eh. On the malfunctions, I thought the connection meant that one person using more power meant a drain on the other person. But what the hex is the new power source they need?

Ep8 - holy cow! Ep was AWESOME! He was so badass, taking on all takers! She was noisy but also kinda badass for a little girl. That other girl had a horrible alt mode, haha. I'm confused about the ending. There were two of them?!?! A recolor? Who is who? Amazing ep!

Ep9-10. Why couldn't we have the green one? I want the green one! What was the orange one's ability anyway? Anyway, the fight scenes at the start was great cuz they were kicking ass!

Liked two of the newcomers. The third was boring. The one with attitude seems very gung-ho, which is great. Except for the name. I'm slightly conflicted about the woke one being afraid. Like, this is the absolute wrong time to show vulnerability, geez.

Disappointed that we didn't get, I dunno, Tidal Wave? Who are the heavy Decepticon types who are smaller than Trypticon? Skystalker maybe? A Darkside reference?

I hope the final enemy is Tarantulas. It would make sense.

Overall - the last few eps got me. Twitch is the standout of the season. Same with the Decoy Decepticon and Megatron. Am interested in what happened to make the new status quo for them. And I'd like to know more about the Terrans, which really should have been called Earthsparkers. Terrans is a sucky human man, haha. Can't stand looking at the little girl Mo's face (she looks like a Bratz).

btw, was Animated Sari born on Earth? Or was her protoform seen in Cybertron first? I forget.

Top Bottom