Transformers: EarthSpark

Paladin

Citizen
so
Nightshade is a great step forward for character type but how come they're the only one who gets pronouns stated?

It feels like a missed opportunity not having the rest of the Terrans explore their identities and confirm how they want to be called.

NovaSaber

Citizen
so
Nightshade is a great step forward for character type but how come they're the only one who gets pronouns stated?

It feels like a missed opportunity not having the rest of the Terrans explore their identities and confirm how they want to be called.
Mo seemed to just know Nightshade's pronouns without being told, so we can probably assume she and Robby would also know that the ones they used for the others are right.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Also: in the middle of a "must put into action immediately" plan, so... probably only time for the one interruption.

I also find it weird that robots that don't actually participate in their own procreation process require gender in the first place. Not against it, I like the diversity in general, but still kinda weird. They get more transformers by glowing orb, so...

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I also find it weird that robots that don't actually participate in their own procreation process require gender in the first place. Not against it, I like the diversity in general, but still kinda weird. They get more transformers by glowing orb, so...
FWIW, "genders" =/= "sexes"

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
I know: which means it's a completely arbitrary, entirely randomly selected. Literally the allspark slapping the "randomize" button on character creation.

That's basically every character in TF fiction who is created onscreen: they almost always pop out with preexisting character traits. Nightshade was also nervous under pressure compared to their siblings.

Last edited:

Shockwave 75

Citizen
Watched the first two episodes with my son last night, and he enjoyed it over all.
He said that he wished that Optimus and Megatron had "deeper voices", and "Why is Bumblebee a sports car?"

Agent X

Kreon Bastard
Citizen
Watched all 10 yesterday morning. A few things that stuck with me.

I was thinking from the preview that Robbie's desire to return to Philly was more than teenage angst. A big assumption was a fractured family from one parent's participation in the Decepticons vs Everyone war. But nope. Teenage angst. Would've hated Robbie had 'preview' Robbie carried over to the full series.

When old battles were mentioned, I wished they matched with the Lave Action film's battle grounds. Like Chicago instead of San Fran.

Did no other Decepticons join Megatron when he surrendered/defected?

Dose Starscream have deployer capabilities?!

I'm thinking celebrating the "AUTOBOT/Human Alliance" sticks in Meg's craw since he's about his PEOPLE, not his badge.

I really hope GHOST isn't Evil-evil. Just to-big-to-see-small-good non-evil.

What's stopping Mandriod and/or the Decepticons from narcing to GHOST about the terrians or bumblebee?

Could no one call up Elita and Arcee for the Final Fantasy boss fight?

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Why would you outright trust information from the enemy? Especially when it outlines a massive secret by some of the top players in the org?

Would it warrant an investigation? Sure, you'd be stupid not to, but taking that kind of intel seriously, given the source: would be massive incompetence at the administrative level, and considered a joke at the implementation level.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
On the battle mentions, I do have to say that
the Battle of the Bay mention gave me flashbacks to how it got absolutely nuked in the G2 comics. And as an artist I saw mention elsewhere, you could easily do a similar adaptation of this entire series taking place post Marvel G2. (It was his proposal of how he'd do a comic adaptation along the lines of Dreamwave's Armada comics.)

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
On the battle mentions, I do have to say that
the Battle of the Bay mention gave me flashbacks to how it got absolutely nuked in the G2 comics. And as an artist I saw mention elsewhere, you could easily do a similar adaptation of this entire series taking place post Marvel G2. (It was his proposal of how he'd do a comic adaptation along the lines of Dreamwave's Armada comics.)
It's interesting you say that, since someone elsewhere raised the notion that this series could also theoretically take place post-TF: Prime. More specifically post-RID'15 since Bee is supposed to be MIA on Earth and isn't leading a team of his own.

Though, the main problem with the post-Marvel G2 idea is the fact that the Autobots and Decepticons first came to Earth in 1984 via the space bridge, instead of aboard the Ark four million years ago, and the fact that the war ended with the destruction of the space bridge instead of the battle with the Swarm out in space.

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
Though, the main problem with the post-Marvel G2 idea is the fact that the Autobots and Decepticons first came to Earth in 1984 via the space bridge, instead of aboard the Ark four million years ago, and the fact that the war ended with the destruction of the space bridge instead of the battle with the Swarm out in space.
Also too, while Marvel (on both sides of the Atlantic) loved the idea of Decepticon fragmentation, the idea of the Liege Maximo with a bigger empire in the wings.... hasn't really gone very far in most official writings. (Even RG1 Jhiaxus was basically His Own Show.)

Contact with Nebulos and Scorponok would be a thing to see in future ES stories, though. Particularly if history rhymes re: certain experiments.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
It's interesting you say that, since someone elsewhere raised the notion that this series could also theoretically take place post-TF: Prime. More specifically post-RID'15 since Bee is supposed to be MIA on Earth and isn't leading a team of his own.

Oh, details, details.... :p

I just wanted to add that I love the electronica score here. It's been ages since we got a fresh audio "personality" for a series, especially with "epically, epicness" seems to dominate in the post-movie era. A LOT of that battle music jostled old Season 3 of G1 vibes, to me.

By and large, I've really appreciated how much a breath of fresh air this series has been. And I really appreciate how they are aiming for a much more defined "family viewing" angle. It has the accessible "My Pet Transformer" angle to rope in kids, but there is a LOT of subtext here that I think adults can dig into as well. Nicole Dubuc's experience on Rescue Bots seems to have carried over quite well here, with human characters that feel like...CHARACTERS, and not glorified window dressing.

More than anything, though, it's nice to have a series with episodes long enough to give some real character development, but not so far up its own ass it can't have fun. And the animation crew have made some FANTASTIC action sequences, probably the best we've gotten since Animated. Largely because we're actually seeing unique and interesting use of the characters designs and quirks. I pointed out stuff like Optimus wiping his hands on his chest (and then using the window wipers to clean), but we also have things like Twitch's innate flying ability, or Megatron's "helicopter cartwheel of slicing".

I'm eager to see where they end up taking this series.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Megatron's Fusion Cannon Piledriver was great too! They're definitely making good use of everything the bots have rather than relying on the old "red and blue lasers from cover" or "nothing but robot boxing"

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
Megatron's Fusion Cannon Piledriver was great too! They're definitely making good use of everything the bots have rather than relying on the old "red and blue lasers from cover" or "nothing but robot boxing"
Don't forget the Sunbow classic of "abandon all cover and run at the enemy in a group while firing", which even the last novel of the Keepers trilogy felt compelled to hang a lampshade on....

Top Bottom