Transformers: EarthSpark

Paladin

Citizen
looks like the Build A Figure will be seven pieces. so at least 7 Deluxes total.

and one of them is Optimus.

Attachments

• Earthspark Twitch.jpg
    Earthspark Twitch.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 81

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Bumble-Bird.jpg

Looks like some of the upcoming toyline has already found its calling in life, line the recent "Bumble-Bird" here...

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
View attachment 9985

Looks like some of the upcoming toyline has already found its calling in life, line the recent "Bumble-Bird" here...

I don't think that most of the line deserves that level of disrespect, but I do wonder what the thought process was behind Transformers finger puppets. Between Cyberverse and Earthspark, I wonder what's wrong with just making small-scale transforming figures without extra gimmicks?

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Price.

Engineering and modeling is expensive, and many little parts are both 1.) having a higher percentage of defect, and 2.) a likely choking hazard. With the supply chain and inflation being what they are right now: the impulse buy threshold has gotten harder to cross and with multiple transformer lines running simultaneous, consumers are choosing where to spend what little surplus cash they have.

If earthspark was the only line running, maybe we would see actual transforming microbots in the waves. I would love more minicons, personally, I was mad addicted to those things.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I don't think that most of the line deserves that level of disrespect, but I do wonder what the thought process was behind Transformers finger puppets. Between Cyberverse and Earthspark, I wonder what's wrong with just making small-scale transforming figures without extra gimmicks?

Btw, that wasn't my picture. It was from some new pics of these toys at Tformers, and I just captioned it.

Last edited:

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
I do get the price issue, but it's not like the Cyberverse figures and even these Earthspark finger puppets don't transform; in the case of the former, the transformations stopped in a weird gerwalk-like mode for (mostly) poorly-executed action features, the latter have to auto-convert when you stick a finger in, and that has to complicate assembly more than a straightforward transformation.

Now that Core class for both Studio Series and Legacy exists (and not just for "small" characters), it's just harder for me to fathom why the Earthspark figures don't have something similar. (Of course, I am also one of those weird cases who would rather the bulk of the line be in Core-class scale, so it's not like I am an unbiased judge)

Shadewing

Citizen
I now need a Supervillian Cafe moment between Mandroid and Eggman sharing stories about the nicknames their foes gave them.

Future_Erika

singularly focused
Citizen
Info from that recent press release:

Skywarp and Nova Storm were partners on an elite squad of Decepticons with jet alt-modes called Seekers. They’ve been displaced after the end of the war and are doing whatever they must to survive.
I'm actually hoping they get deluxes more than Arcee.

Top Bottom