Transformers: EarthSpark

Dvandom

Citizen
Okay, found the two Cyber-Combiners, review is in progress. While the Malto Exo-Suits don't technically have altmodes, I figured out some that aren't too much worse than the altmode of Spike's Exo-Suit:
MaltoModes.JPG

And yes, while each Malto is sold with a Transformer to combine with, the packaging doesn't show that they can combine with each other (not gonna look at that AO3 tag, nope):
MaltoMech.JPG

The MaltoMech is about 7" (18cm) tall, so Voyager sized. The articulation could be better, but the two-packs are $30 so you sacrifice some articulation for the extra transformations. And they feel more sturdy than first year EarthSpark toys.

---Dave

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Okay, found the two Cyber-Combiners, review is in progress. While the Malto Exo-Suits don't technically have altmodes, I figured out some that aren't too much worse than the altmode of Spike's Exo-Suit:
View attachment 18890

And yes, while each Malto is sold with a Transformer to combine with, the packaging doesn't show that they can combine with each other (not gonna look at that AO3 tag, nope):
View attachment 18891

The MaltoMech is about 7" (18cm) tall, so Voyager sized. The articulation could be better, but the two-packs are $30 so you sacrifice some articulation for the extra transformations. And they feel more sturdy than first year EarthSpark toys.

---Dave
Thanks for this. Most reviews haven't shown the kids combining. Is it possible to combine them the other way around?

Also, what's an "AO3 tag"?

Last edited:

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
This site?

It doesn't seem dodgy or anything.
It can be, I believe. Depends on the author and content, warnings applied, etc.

It's where I post my Mega Man Legends stories (as well as on The Mega Man Network), and those adhere to a T/PG-13 type rating. (I try not to have anything more egregious than you might see on The Simpsons or Beavis and Butt-head, for instance.)

Dvandom

Citizen
Yeah, every figure can be Shirt or Pants, just like Energon. I just think MaltoMech looks better with the beefier Robby suit as the torso and legs. (Twitch also looks better as a Shirt, due to her thinner limbs...and in the case of mine, the elbow/knee joints are a little loose so Twitch Pants aren't very stable.)

And yes, AO3 is a fanfic site. A tag for siblings combining would not go places Hasbro would approve. This is also why I stick to Shirt and Pants from the Energon days, because calling them Top Mode and Bottom Mode would lead to some unfortunate search term results.

---Dave

Glitch

Citizen
Got deluxe Nightshade, no build a bot part. Who thought it would be a wise decision to package two versions of this figure?

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
If they were going to do a second run sans BaF parts, Nightshade is not a bad figure to start with. Now, we need a Hashtag, though.

...also, Core-class versions of the cast that aren't finger puppets...please, Hasbro?

Top Bottom