Transformers Collaborative thread (Transformers X TMNT - Party Wallop)

Xellos

Citizen
It's just possible (this being Wikipedia) that someone had removed it during the window in which you consulted the site, but it's been there for some time. I checked it myself just after posting my comment (I'd already known that Hasbro had given up Micro Machines, but had forgotten the exact company, myself, and so wanted to check).
Well, I looked at the back of the packages at Target today, and they have a licensed by Hasbro label on them, so they might be like how Tonka is sometimes used by other companies, or other companies make Transformers stuff, like Super 7.

Also, there are the official Transformers Micro Machines that are out right now, so that is also a thing.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Well, I looked at the back of the packages at Target today, and they have a licensed by Hasbro label on them, so they might be like how Tonka is sometimes used by other companies, or other companies make Transformers stuff, like Super 7.

Also, there are the official Transformers Micro Machines that are out right now, so that is also a thing.
It would be rather odd for Hasbro to sell such a major brand, rather than lease it out as an official 3P, like how Mattel did with Super 7 He-Man figures.

CrockAlley

Citizen
Edit: I should also note re: yours above, which was also from the 80's, that mine were pretty heavily used in kids-play, I don't know what sort of abuse yours took, so my own experiance may not quite line up. If yours WERE heavily played with and still held up fine, I may simply have been unlucky. Toys DO break, sometimes in ways that don't quite make sense.
Myself and three brothers played with them as kids. Other figures did not survive so well. Soundwave's door is broken off. Jazz's roof is crushed. I only have a leg and torso for Trailbreaker and only one wheel left for Skids. But my Constructicons are still pretty intact, minus their individual guns. I won't pretend that Devastator is the most stable toy I've ever handled, but I wouldn't call him "fragile."

Platypus Prime

Citizen
re: Amazon listings, I just noticed something odd. GI Joe Megatron is listed as Project Trooper 1, but Joe Bee is listed as Project Trooper 3. It makes me wonder what 2 is/was, if it's something that we'll get later or if it just got cancelled and Bee moved up for some reason.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I have an old Leonardo dressed as a construction worker that turns into a dump truck. It's not that great, but was interesting for even existing back in the first toys for the original series...

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
It looks good in an Iron Man-y way, but it also looks like the transformation may be...complicated. I'll reserve judgement until better/final images materialize and will definitely be interested to see how this turns out.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Is it wrong that I'd prefer if the robot mode was Metalhead? Like still be a piloted mech, but Metalhead is already a robotic turtle ally, why not a transforming robotic turtle ally?
Or that piloted turtle mech from the season 2 finale of the 2012 cartoon.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'd love it if they made a smaller version of that Turtle Van that turns into Metalhead with a little Donatello figure, the one that never got released... though that last part might go against the whole "Transformers" part of the brand.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I'd love it if they made a smaller version of that Turtle Van that turns into Metalhead with a little Donatello figure, the one that never got released... though that last part might go against the whole "Transformers" part of the brand.
Behold this BotCon 2015 custom contest 1st place winner: Animated Leader class Bulkhead redone as the TMNT Party Wagon that transforms into Metalhead.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Behold this BotCon 2015 custom contest 1st place winner: Animated Leader class Bulkhead redone as the TMNT Party Wagon that transforms into Metalhead.

1658723588025.png

Top Bottom