Transformers Collaborative thread (Transformers X TMNT - Party Wallop)

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Tonkanator toy bio (if you can call it that):

Salt-Man Z

that is not dead which can eternal lie
Citizen
Yeah yeah it's just another yellow Devastator--I know--but DANG do those decos look SHARP.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Dialled-In Repaint.png

Dake

Citizen
Was the Wal-mart reissue a hundred bucks too, or only eighty? In any case, I bought it marked down which is something Target will do to all of this stuff.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
Was the Wal-mart reissue a hundred bucks too, or only eighty? In any case, I bought it marked down which is something Target will do to all of this stuff.
It was only $80, but we've seen the prices of everything go up quite a lot in the few years since then. I don't think this price is out of range once that's considered.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
Well, it's not the first time they just took a G1 bot and recolored it weirdly for a crossover (the yellow Soundwave comes to mind). I do wish they'd done something like a Transformers x Gobots with the new Stunticons and Puzzler, though I haven't sprung for Menasor, so I doubt I'd go for another version either. If they'd done, as someone else suggested, the Titan box set with the new heads, I would have gone for it since my nephew loves the original Titan Devestator and a Tonka branded set would actually work well, but the original Constructicons are both small and a bit fragile for it.

Last edited:

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
It was only $80, but we've seen the prices of everything go up quite a lot in the few years since then. I don't think this price is out of range once that's considered.
Posters at other TF sites have stated it was closer to $75 at Walmart (and that the increase in price is actually too much and/or due to Hasbro artificially jacking-up the price "because it's a crossover"?) The thing is, Hasbro doesn't need to pay any extra royalties for the use of the "Tonka" brand because they own it.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
If I couldn't muster the cash for a huge sturdy Titan-class toy for the same price, I'm not gonna spring for a tiny rickety mess of fragile plastic.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Just realizing, I think I still have the yellow and black Constructicon knockoffs that were sold at Shopko all those years ago. Slap some stickers in the appropriate places and I can make my own Tokanator!

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Inflation is higher than it's been in 40 years so any comparisons to past prices needs to take that into account.

But, as with everything else in today's world, it's easier to believe in conspiracy theories.
Or it's easier to believe that a company, which likes to make money, would want to make more money by inflating the price of its products via a half-baked "special edition".

Our points stand.

Just realizing, I think I still have the yellow and black Constructicon knockoffs that were sold at Shopko all those years ago. Slap some stickers in the appropriate places and I can make my own Tokanator!

Exactly. I believe the yellow KOs are doing the rounds to this day, right? That or the "Gravity Builder" version. If Repro Labels makes some appropriate stickers, we can have our very own "Timmy Tonka and the Construction Factory" set...

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm curious... would this be any more appealing to some of you if it was Combiner Wars Devastator repainted instead?

Top Bottom