Transformers Collaborative thread (Transformers X TMNT - Party Wallop)

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
dzone.jpg

To coincide with the pandemic-delayed Top Gun film (I still can't believe they didn't just put this out in the interim), TF Collaborative Maverick is getting a Walmart exclusive rerelease with updated packaging and a new accessory.
E8544_PROD_TRA_PROJECT_CRUISE_1381.jpg
E8544_PROD_TRA_PROJECT_CRUISE_1376.jpg

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
It still looks like a cargo plane, hauling rubber dog-sh*t out of Hong Kong. Unless it gets a decent paint job, this abomination will shelf-warm like it's currently doing at my local Yamada Denki in Japan.

Easy, EASY pass.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I want a Leader-1... er, repaint...

Hmm.

I guess it wouldn't take much, would it?

How about blue Leader-1, then?

Platypus Prime

Citizen
Thanks to emgo316's post-review skit, I will never be able to see this toy without the image of Optimus Prime dancing to "Everybody Poops" going though my head.

Lobjob

Citizen
Interesting they didn't go with a VAMP. I just figured those shapes would more naturally adapt to familar transformers shapes and make a better Hound.

I'm here for it, but it sure is interesting.

Dake

Citizen
Yeah - everyone on TFW is saying, "Oh, this should be Hound!" That really doesn't make sense to me aside from the AWE Striker is green? The AWE is a smaller vehicle and works well for Bee, whereas Hound should be a VAMP if they're going to continue the line beyond the basics.

Meanwhile, I'm starting the wonder if they'll make Prime a MOBAT to go tank to tank against HISS-Megs (yeah, the Rolling Thunder was always a cool idea, but it would be nearly Titan-sized).

Platypus Prime

Citizen
Pulse is giving an odd error claiming I already ordered the maximum number of this even though it's never been offered before and I certainly didn't. I guess this answers my question as to if I will renew Premium next year.

On a funnier note, is it me or does Retro-two-pack Duke look like he could be Bumblebee's holo-avatar for this release...I mean, that wave and smile...?

The Phazer

Citizen
I feel like there's just something a bit... off about both of the Joe collabs. Blocky robots are fine, but they sort of feel like they were engineered as blocky prototypes and then instead of taking that idea and sculpting new parts that fit that engineering they just glued the detailing on top of those blocks? They're too square, and the robot detail doesn't feel like it goes deep into the parts. Bumblebee's head sculpt is pretty rough too.

I still might get them eventually, but given the others have all gone on big discount I feel like I can wait until these things are half price.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Yeah - everyone on TFW is saying, "Oh, this should be Hound!" That really doesn't make sense to me aside from the AWE Striker is green? The AWE is a smaller vehicle and works well for Bee, whereas Hound should be a VAMP if they're going to continue the line beyond the basics.

Meanwhile, I'm starting the wonder if they'll make Prime a MOBAT to go tank to tank against HISS-Megs (yeah, the Rolling Thunder was always a cool idea, but it would be nearly Titan-sized).
Nope, it really should be Hound. Off-road, 4x4 military vehicle, in military green with a white star on the front.

Claiming it "should be Bumblebee" is as silly as saying the next yellow and black TF car should be Hound.

Basic common sense, really.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Thinking of existing GI Joe vehicles, Hound should not be the AWE Striker, he should be the VAMP. It would be a much better match to Hound's usual altmodes.

The AWE Striker would be a best fit for Beachcomber, but if they had to shoehorn it on a 'popular' character, Bumblebee is a better choice than Hound. At least Pretender Bee was sort of like a sandrail buggy, so it's a sort-of-adjacent altmode.

If the line didn't have to accommodate a Joe figure, and if they could really dial in the character to altmode matches, this would be a great crossover line. As is, it's just not thrilling me.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I agree completely. I've never really gotten into GI Joe, but have always been vaguely interested in it as a Transformers-related property. If these were scaled to the current lines, I would have a hard time resisting, but as it is they're a pass.

Top Bottom