Transformers Collaborative thread (Transformers X TMNT - Party Wallop)

TriBlurr

Citizen
Last edited:

Platypus Prime

Citizen
It could be first Transformers x Loony Tunes crossover I keep advocating, because no matter what you think of his motivations, by sheer persistence, Wile E. Coyote has always been a real trooper.

47972736992_c0aa966ea5_c.jpg

48903884063_3cc5341ba0_b.jpg

48513223226_a7c913fb38_b.jpg

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
I would welcome a whole series of GI Joe x Transformers crossovers. Been saying for years that Transformers ought to be updated with Joe vehicle altmodes that could easily be redecoed into crossover figures down the line.

TriBlurr

Citizen
So. According to JTprime. It is 1 of 2 collab sets based on G.I. Joe.

Pre-existing Transformers characters.

First 1 "comes in silver"

I'm guessing Hisstank Megatron.

Second set is most likely Optimus. Dunno what vehicle.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Transformers with G.I. Joe alt modes seems like such an obvious idea that it's a mystery why it so rarely happens.

Outside of the US Gi Joe isn't a big brand as such and the movies haven't really helped it, so Hasbro's two major brands are My Little Pony and Transformers, of course, as of resent, Power Rangers and takara likely isn't intersted in doing Gi Joe based Transformers.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I would assume it needs to be something relatively Iconic for Joe or Cobra for me that's actually a fairly small vehicle pool. Basically:

A3CA3C53-33B7-43D5-A4CE-022394102D5E.jpeg
5017A2CB-8F79-46BD-B6E3-B1BC5AF9F92F.jpeg

C47A944A-261B-49F3-8ECC-DFDF926E0619.jpeg

D4A97366-2C6B-493B-B1A8-69138E1002B4.jpeg

and

919DE3C0-B0E9-4C7E-AADF-41681997085B.jpeg

AF441D82-F4B9-418D-9DDB-DA978C4D2DA8.jpeg

1645544826322.jpeg

9ECAA9FD-F3EF-4E52-AF2A-CC6724E24978.jpeg

5051EB2B-8EE8-43E6-87AF-DDF5B4557EAF.jpeg

8BF7AE78-4DAD-43C5-B480-144E1C300130.jpeg

-ZacWilliam, obviously some of these are likely than others. OP might be a good fit for the Havoc though...

Attachments

• 0A5D5369-3F0C-4436-83F0-61F63BFBDF32.jpeg
    0A5D5369-3F0C-4436-83F0-61F63BFBDF32.jpeg
    749.6 KB · Views: 100

The Phazer

Citizen
It also depends on what scale they're going to be I guess. If they are required to interact with regular sized 3 3/4" joe toys it's a very small pool.

That third party GI Joe Rolling Thunder Prime interacts with diaclone-sized figures, and that's absolutely huge already and well over the heft Hasbro would ever make a toy of.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Yeah if it's going to interact with a 3 3/4 figure and TF it's either gonna need to be a very small Joe or Cobra vehicle OR a big and expensive Transformer toy I think.

If I were me I'd be doing a little side line like Walmart, Target and Amazon get with something like

Deluxe Sized
Trouble Bubble with a Cobra

Voyager Sized
RAM with a Joe

Leader sized
Hiss Tank or Vamp with a Joe/Cobra

-ZacWilliam, I'm expecting something a lot simpler and more basic though, and I'll honestly be surprised if Joe Figure interaction is factored in at all.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Outside of the US Gi Joe isn't a big brand as such and the movies haven't really helped it, so Hasbro's two major brands are My Little Pony and Transformers, of course, as of resent, Power Rangers and takara likely isn't intersted in doing Gi Joe based Transformers.
Granted, Transformers as actual GI Joe vehicles may have limited interest outside of the US, but the point is that Joe and Cobra have some unique vehicle designs that are already paid for: no licensing fees. Use the vehicles as altmodes on figures in traditional Transformer colors first, then redeco as a Joe crossover at a later time if so desired. If the next Blast Off looks like a Cobra Firebat in Blast Off colors, for example, would that be a turn-off for International fans?
EDIT: obviously aside from the but-hes-not-a-space-shuttle-like-he-always-was contingent, but thats a different issue.

EDIT 2: As for 3 3/4 figure compatibility, my vote is no. It would be too expensive for all but the smallest, least impressive vehicles. On the other hand, I do feel like they should be paired with appropriate 3 3/4 figures, just that any idea of scale between figures ought to be thrown out the window.

Last edited:

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
If the next Blast Off looks like a Cobra Firebat in Blast Off colors, for example, would that be a turn-off for International fans?
EDIT: obviously aside from the but-hes-not-a-space-shuttle-like-he-always-was contingent, but thats a different issue.
See, that seems like it shouldn't be an issue, but based on some conversations/arguments I saw on Old Allspark*, I think a small but noticeable number of fans who liked the new fictitious spacejet Blast Off would stop liking it when they realized it was based on a GI Joe thing.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
That doesn't really suggest anything on the Joe side to me except the old chrome armored Super Trooper, which does use the word Trooper but doesn't suggest a vehicle. Obviously it suggests Megatron in the TF side. We shall see.

ZacWilliam, not that they can't make a previously other color vehicle silver, but in that case it's no help to guessing.

Top Bottom