Transformers Collaborative thread (Transformers X TMNT - Party Wallop)

The Phazer

Citizen
Bart Simpson voice: "Well, I don't think anybody was expecting that."

Kind of neat though.... so is a Hasbro Devvy reissue possible then?

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220624-090841_Target.jpg
    Screenshot_20220624-090841_Target.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 87

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
1656064677236.jpg

I didn't bother with the SF2 bots when they first came out in Japan and won't bother now. The Tonka bot is possibly the most dialled-in "special/crossover" TF I've ever seen...

Both are easy passes.

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
Those names sure run the full spectrum, don't they? You have Power Digger which I'm willing to believe is the actual name of the vehicle, Mega Dozer and Mega Hauler that sound like someone trying to parody RID2001 names and not quite making it, Motormix and Motorload which are decent, and finally Skyhook, the single best name to come out of Collaborative yet.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
what the hell lmao

they seriously just painted devastator yellow and said he's a tonka collab now what the hell

hasbro you fuckin own tonka you can't collab with yourself

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Those names sure run the full spectrum, don't they? You have Power Digger which I'm willing to believe is the actual name of the vehicle, Mega Dozer and Mega Hauler that sound like someone trying to parody RID2001 names and not quite making it, Motormix and Motorload which are decent, and finally Skyhook, the single best name to come out of Collaborative yet.
I feel like the names are meant to sound vaguely GoBots-y.

Dake

Citizen
I guess it's handy for people that really want a G2 Devastator (but with black parts)?

But man... there's a really good salesperson that convinced Target to take all of these on - or were people really clamoring for those Street Fighter cross-overs (that didn't already import them)?

And related but a question I'd had since those originally came along, shouldn't Ken and Ryu be the same alt-mode with a head swap?

Blot

Citizen
Tonka construction vehicles take on new forms as Transformers robots that combine to form the mighty Tonkanator!
So does this mean in-universe the Tonkanator characters are the scale of actual Tonka toys?

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
Assuming no mass shifting, and based on my vague memory of how big Tonka trucks are, I think that means the ideal way to display Tonkanator is to buy two of him and have him playing with his own components.

Get your mind out of the gutter.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I think Tonkanator (which is conceptually AWESOME) would have jived with me better had he been a repaint of titan Devastator, perhaps using some of the new assets they worked in to make it more interesting. But maybe Target wasn’t hip on an exclusive of that size and cost.

Depending on the packaging, it might be enough to drag a buy from me.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
If they had the guts to use legacy Gobots names for some of them, it would go from a 'that's neat' to a 'must buy'. As is, it's neat, but not $130 neat.

Bonecrusher-> Dozer, Long Haul-> Dumper, Hook-> Crane Brain, Mixmaster->Block Head. Only Scrapper and Scavenger don't have direct correlations.

And, I'd buy the M. Bison Megatron if it was sold separately, but not interested in both figures in the set.

Shadewing

Citizen
At the price they're selling Tonkanator for I'd rather they done the CW Constructicons with the new heads, and charge like $30+ more. I just cant justify near titan prices for a G1 Devastator.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I'm givening these a HARD pass, much as I like Street Fighter, those molds just don't really work for the characters, not when much better figures have come out since then, the Yellow Devestator, again, passing

Top Bottom