Transformers Collaborative thread (Transformers X TMNT - Party Wallop)

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
Can't you, in theory, replace a broken Joe o-ring with a rubber band?
I've found O-rings from the hardware store to be a near perfect match. You just need to match up the size. There's a specific number to look for, but it's been a while since I've had to do this.

EDIT: That's what I get for typing before reading the rest of the thread. I see this has been addressed already. My O-ring size of choice is 10. Look in the plumbing section.

Nevermore

Citizen
So both Street Fighter II sets have been found at multiple Target stores in the US...
Street Fighter Optimus Megatron Target 1.jpgStreet Fighter Optimus Megatron Target 2.jpgStreet Fighter Hot Rod Arcee Target 1.jpgStreet Fighter Optimus Megatron Hot Rod Arcee Target.jpeg

Despite the ridiculously steep price, someone bought one of the sets and discovered something weird:
Street Fighter Hot Rod Arcee sleeve 1.jpegStreet Fighter Hot Rod Arcee sleeve 2.jpeg

That's a Takara box, complete with Takara instructions... inside an outer Hasbro box!

So did Hasbro just take existing Takara stock and shove it into a new box?

On the other hand, that's very similar to how Takara Masterpiece, Selects and Premium Finish figures are shipping when purchased via Hasbro Pulse: A Takara box inside a back Hasbro sleeve. And yet, those figures are separate production runs specifically for Hasbro, complete with Hasbro product codes stamped onto them.

So... what are these, then?

Someone in the TFWiki Discord provided this photo:
Street fighter manufacturing.jpg

That's not only a Hasbro product code etched (not stamped) into the figure, but also a manufacturing date code.

I don't remember how I am supposed to read those, but I'm pretty sure this indicates that this figure was made in either 2021 or 2022. The Takara figures were released in 2018.

So... why did Hasbro produce extra Takara packaging, then?

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm guessing Hasbro sent the factory instructions to do another production run of the whole set and pack it in the new box, and someone at the factory had a very literal-minded interpretation of what they meant by "the whole set".

Future_Erika

singularly focused
Citizen
significant bears I can think of

my girlfriend
freddy fazbear
yogi bear
care bears
paddington bear
teddy ruxpin
gummi bears
the bimbo mascot
cocaine bear
smokey the bear
bear in the big blue house
the berenstain bears
po
fozzy bear
various other disney bears

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
significant bears I can think of

my girlfriend
freddy fazbear
yogi bear
care bears
paddington bear
teddy ruxpin
gummi bears
the bimbo mascot
cocaine bear
smokey the bear
bear in the big blue house
the berenstain bears
po
fozzy bear
various other disney bears
We Bare Bears

ChessPieceFace

Citizen
Did the transforming Bearbricks get released in the U.S. already? If not, maybe it's one of those. Or, Barbearian/Cocaine Bear!

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Dnd Is coming to Theaters. I'd play a ton for a Transformers x Owlbear.

-ZacWilliam, yes I know about the transforming D20s. I'd still buy this.

Salt-Man Z

that is not dead which can eternal lie
Citizen
Dnd Is coming to Theaters. I'd play a ton for a Transformers x Owlbear.

-ZacWilliam, yes I know about the transforming D20s. I'd still buy this.
Shoot, when I first saw images of the transforming converting D20 owlbear out of context, my initial thought was it was Legacy Icebird.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
My heat pump blew, but for those who haven't had their house eat their paycheck, the GI Joe Transformers are on sale on Amazon, HISS Megatron is $72.99, and Striker Bumblebee is $61.99 as of when I write this.

Top Bottom