Transformers Collaborative thread (Transformers X TMNT - Party Wallop)

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
One of these days, Hasbro ought to do a Crossover set with Clipper and Skipper, Barbie's little sister.

Unlikely to happen, because:
1. Clipper is a very minor character in Victory
2. She NEVER had a single toy produced that has her name on it and hawks to her character
3. Any crossover with Barbie is likely to be more well known female characters, like Acree, Windblade, Slipstream, Elita-1, not some very obscure character who been pretty much forgotten by time!

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I know a lot are wanting a big sale, and the prior JP set is still easily found around $50, but the GI Joe ones have been out a while too, don't look as good, and I still haven't found them low enough despite looking for a while. So I'm not sure I'd count on it.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yeah, I was tempted to wait, but decided to go ahead and order. I could see them producing these in lower numbers than the previous set based on actual sales numbers.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Preordered it as well. I can't resist a good Jurassic Park / Transformers crossover set.

And "can of shaving cream" may well be the most ridiculous accessory a Transformer has ever come with. I know it makes sense in the context of the set, but it's still delightfully absurd.
Made even better by it having the dino DNA samples inside.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Which in this set is probably a heroic act, seeing at the Decepticons are using the Dino DNA to make new soliders.

That is one thing that's kind of odd about the decision to make the Autobot based on Dennis Nedry, who was by far the closest thing to a villain in the original Jurassic Park.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
In my mind Megatron sees Jurassic Park as his chance at creating a force of soldiers to counter the Dinobots but better because they're based on Real dinos not 80s guesses. After Park cameras catch a dino Transforming in the park, John Hammond calls the Autobots and invites some new Park Rangers to come patrol the park.

-ZacWilliam, Being Jurassic Park it kinda has to be set in the 90s for me so maybe it's a G2 side story thing.

Shadewing

Citizen
It's like we're finally returning to the 1996 toy bio continuity. I love it.

In my mind Megatron sees Jurassic Park as his chance at creating a force of soldiers to counter the Dinobots but better because they're based on Real dinos not 80s guesses. After Park cameras catch a dino Transforming in the park, John Hammond calls the Autobots and invites some new Park Rangers to come patrol the park.

-ZacWilliam, Being Jurassic Park it kinda has to be set in the 90s for me so maybe it's a G2 side story thing.

I like the idea spurred by Fnu, that this is like the precursor to the original BW toy bio timelines, So a splinter off of G2 where Megatron uses Dino DNA to create new Dinosuar Decepticons, which with their success leads to him attempting it with other animals.

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
Unlikely to happen, because:
1. Clipper is a very minor character in Victory
2. She NEVER had a single toy produced that has her name on it and hawks to her character
3. Any crossover with Barbie is likely to be more well known female characters, like Acree, Windblade, Slipstream, Elita-1, not some very obscure character who been pretty much forgotten by time!
Good god, it was a goof on names, you don't have to pedantically trivia it to death.

Stepwise

Not Crew.
Citizen
So, if we're looking at this being like a post-G2 lead-in to Toy Continuity Beast Wars, then I guess the Autobots and Decepticons would still be in their Machine Wars bodies? ;)

Sure, and those Park Ranger reinforcements that show up just happen to have red, blue, yellow, green, and black uniforms . . .

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I though the wood chipper was the guy from the DJD? Though that would be an epic crossover with Barbie.

This thread did get me looking back at the GI Joe Transformers, and I'm honestly still confused that they never went down much. I'd really like both the HISS and the Striker, simply to go with some of my very small GI Joe stuff (that would give them ONE vehicle each, unless you count the transforming motorcycle armor) but I'm iffy on spending so much when most reviews seem to indicate that they'd not be the most fun to transform, especially if my nephew wanted to play with them, and I've heard very little about their durability.

Top Bottom