Transformers Cards Checklist Project for TCDB

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend
Citizen
Well considering that I seem to recall seeing some toys did not come with cards and some did, I had to ask because I do not know if the list on TFWiki for the toy line all have cards or not.

I wanted to add the checklists to tcdb for at least the sets I have cards for. The ones I didn't add yet because I can't find a checklist are:
- Combiner Wars
- Titans Return
- PoTP
- Korean BW Neo

That Korean one will probably be tough, as I have 3 cards but they are like a CCG and not just 1 per character.

Nevermore

Citizen
Well considering that I seem to recall seeing some toys did not come with cards and some did

Combiner Wars Deluxes did not come with cards in those markets where they came with comic books instead (the United States, Australia, Asia). Markets that didn't get comics (Canada, Latin America, Europe) did get cards for the Deluxes.

Deluxe_Ironhide_07a.jpgDeluxe_Ironhide_09a.jpgDeluxe_Ironhide_10a.jpg

MadameVixen

Cat outta Hell
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The fact some countries had comics including the one I live had cards which broke the flow every other figure in the line. Leaving voids if you collected the cards to keep track

Arvegtor

Citizen
That Korean one will probably be tough, as I have 3 cards but they are like a CCG and not just 1 per character.
I believe there were only 12 toys in the Korean BW Neo toyline, and those are their cards (the original source was a Taobao auction a couple of years ago; there are also better images of everything but Longrack's card's back; gladly, the only difference between characters is stats and the character's number, but stats are the same as with the Japanese cards).
TB2yAmPeMmTBuNjy1XbXXaMrVXa_!!675322481.jpg
TB2iZfaeL5TBuNjSspcXXbnGFXa_!!675322481.jpg

In addition:
PotP Cards Gallery
I should also be able to provide comprehensive images for CW and TR cards with a little preparation.

UPDATE:
CW Cards Gallery
TR Cards Gallery

Last edited:

Arvegtor

Citizen
I think I made an error. The cards I have are from "Beast-War" aka BW II.

They are described there
I will look at those galleries when I can.
I had a suspicion that might be the case.
BWII Korean cards would be an interesting topic indeed. Which ones do you have? I was able to find images of 16 cards, and assuming there are only 20, that's a significant number.

Korean BWII Cards Gallery

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend
Citizen
BWII Korean cards would be an interesting topic indeed. Which ones do you have? I was able to find images of 16 cards, and assuming there are only 20, that's a significant number.

I have D-20 Scissors / 2, D-20 Paper / 4 and D-17 Paper / 5
For these came from the D-20 and D-17 releases, obviously I got 2 cards with D-20 and 1 with D-17 so the wiki writeup about inconsistant card distribution sounds right.

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend
Citizen

Is it possible to get the vk galleries you posted in this thread as a zip? That site puts up a blocking message (requiring registration) if I stay on the page for too long.

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend
Citizen
You can if you want or if other people want the images. It is probably going to be good if these were things that were on the old forum that was lost.

I'm only going to use these archives to build checklists on TCDB. Probably can't use the pictures there because they want actual scans.

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend
Citizen
Updated Title to reflect the purpose of the thread.

Redid first post to show all the checklists they have, which I submitted and were approved, and which I submitted but are pending.

Last edited:

Arvegtor

Citizen
Currently checking their gaming checklists, starting with the Top Trumps one.
1986 Cromy Top Trumps - not mentioned at all, added scans to the Google Drive folder.
2007 Top Trumps Specials - no mentions of Bonecrusher, Jorge Figueroa and multiple versions of Ironhide's cards (I know 4 versions of Ironhide's card, but was able to find scans of only one of them, at least you should be able to use other images as proof those versions exist). Added to Google Drive Folder.
2010 Top Trumps RotF - they've missed Arcee. Sadly, the only image of that card I was able to find is not good enough to use there.
2011 Top Trumps DotM - added scans to Google Drive.
2012 Top Trumps TFP - added the images I have, but only some of them are scans.
2014 Top Trumps 30 Years - nothing to add here.

00 Top Trumps Arcee.jpg

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend
Citizen
Two new TF checklists approved:
1998 Sonokong Beast-War: https://www.tcdb.com/Checklist.cfm/sid/284848/1998-Sonokong-Beast-War
2012 Transformers Prime (Eaglemoss CCG): https://www.tcdb.com/ViewSet.cfm/sid/283572/2012-Hasbro-Transformers-Prime

Bonus non-TF but related checklist approved (won't be added to first post)
1997 Arii Macross Card Collection: https://www.tcdb.com/Checklist.cfm/sid/284853/1997-Arii-Macross-Card-Collection

So now to think of what is left, what else has cards that need to be made into a checklist? I can think of these:
- Heroes of Cybertron (US)
- FSRL G1 (JP)
- Beast Wars Metals? (JP)

I seem to recall at least one of the Japanese Beast Wars lines, maybe Metals, maybe not, that came with Lenticular cards.
I did see on Ebay someone is selling the stickers from the Armada toys, but it is my understanding those aren't really cards and the stickers are put onto the packaging meaning you'd have to steam them off. So I don't think that one can be done.
And also, I do not think that TCDB would consider the tech-specs from the various lines that you could cut from a box to be "cards"...

Top Bottom