Transformers 2022 goals

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I thought I was going to be in a serious minority when my goal was to get less stuff, but I see that not only am I not alone but others are doing what I did last year, planning to ditch a lot.

I know not every line appeals to everyone. I have little interest in a lot of the new stuff as I have already had a version of it a few times now and often, if I sold it without replacing it before, why do it now? I clearly didn't think enough of it the first time. I also have sort of started to 'condense' roles for toys. Since I have the full set of CW Protectobots I've not bothered to get Prowl , Inferno, or Ratchet of any sort since I've got Streetwise, Hot Spot, and First Aid. I don't see what they'd add except more shelf space taken.

At the same time this worries me because I do like Transformers. I don't want the line to end. I just assume I may be burnt out and over-collected, but it looks like many others are too. The only two Transformers I have pre-ordered right now are Orange Tigatron and Terrorsaur. And those are to go in my nephew's Easter Basket.

Stepwise

Not Crew.
Citizen
,,,At the same time this worries me because I do like Transformers. I don't want the line to end. I just assume I may be burnt out and over-collected, but it looks like many others are too. The only two Transformers I have pre-ordered right now are Orange Tigatron and Terrorsaur. And those are to go in my nephew's Easter Basket.

I haven't figured out my goals for this hobby overall yet, but what you said resonated a little bit - I like Transformers in general. I don't buy everything that comes out, though, just some of what I like.

In the grand scheme of things - we're only a part of the overall toy-buying public. If the toys are made well and marketed well, they'll continue to sell and the franchise will continue to exist. We can't put ourselves in a spot where we feel like we're carrying the weight for everyone - it isn't realistic or healthy.

Deathy G1

Citizen
I already accomplished a long term goal of mine-- I finally made the purchase of a (reissue) G1 Star Convoy, a toy I've wanted ever since I saw Ben Yee's review of it back when Alternators were a new thing.
I got that reissue back in the early 2000s when it was released. It's really a great toy. I hope you are enjoying it.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
Re: part of the public, I see the point, and I don't make the mistake mentally of thinking 'if I don't support it it will go away', as I am not a huge part of the equation. What I worry about is when I saw so many who said similar things. It means that there's a problem somewhere in the fandom (that may simply be explained by the fact that many of us are in/past middle age and have more to worry about than robots) that will have to be addressed at some point. I think it may be likely that it IS being adressed, hence Cyberverse and other entry-level Transformers that the hard-core collectors may not be noticing that much, but that are attracting new fans for when we are gone. My nephew has gotten and loved several of the simpler Dollar chain releases, and while they're not my thing, I am all for him getting what he wants, as he's the one who takes the fandom into the future, not me.

BeastWarsFan95

Toy photographer, webcomic artist, dinogeek
Citizen
The only figures on my radar this year are Tarantulus, Ant Inferno and Terrorsaur. This is the lowest amount of wants I have had since like 2014.

Blot

Citizen
I got that reissue back in the early 2000s when it was released. It's really a great toy. I hope you are enjoying it.
He just arrived today-- and hooboy the stickers applied on the side of the truck are completely lopsided in the box. How easily do those peel up and can be reapplied?

EDIT: Never mind, I didn't realize that was a separate sticker applied to the bubble in the packaging to just complete the look of the toy.

Last edited:

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
My goals is to get my stuff opened and displayed.

Also, buy some of the cool stuff that is coming out.

Internet Jesus

Poison Love
Citizen
Main goal is to just be super-selective about stuff, not just grab whatever tickles my fancy, but to plug in the last few holes in the collection and call it quits for the most part.

Also to finally get ONE SINGLE TITAN CLASS. I don't care what, as long as it ain't Ark, Omega Supreme or Trypticon.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Main goal is to just be super-selective about stuff, not just grab whatever tickles my fancy, but to plug in the last few holes in the collection and call it quits for the most part.

Also to finally get ONE SINGLE TITAN CLASS. I don't care what, as long as it ain't Ark, Omega Supreme or Trypticon.

I recomend Omega out of the three, Ark, is pretty flawed and I upgraded mine with some 3D printed parts that improve the ship mode look, which is how I am displaying it, Trypticon is ok but I do kind of worry about the legs, so, I would go with Omega, however, the choice is yours to make!

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
I actually took some big steps toward my goal. Feels good, but lotsa work still needs doin.

Top Bottom