Transformer animated (yo)

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
At this point, the most new merch or new content we could get is what we've already gotten:
  • Two official one-shot extensions from BotCon written by Marty Isenberg himself
  • Another one-shot and an epilogue from TakaraTomy in Legends
  • The AllSpark Almanac art books
  • The complete series in full widescreen on DVD from Shout! Factory
  • Reimagined versions of Animated-original characters in proceeding series (Prime Bulkhead, AOE Lockdown, Cyberverse Lockdown, Cyberverse Clobber, etc.)
  • The unofficial epilogue comic "Trial & Error" written by Chris McFeely and Jim Sorenson
  • The first three episodes of Season 4 adapted into radio play form, which I posted on the previous page of this thread.
And there's probably much more that I'm forgetting.

Last edited:

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
It was okay. The plots and characters were great but the humor didnt land for me and there was a lot of it. I can take or leave the aesthetic.

something about the plastic they tended to use for the toys degraded awfully though. Prowl, The Dinobots, Blurr and Waspinator had stuff randomly disintegrate from being on a shelf but the contemporary universe toys are still standing. Also Blitzwing and but that toy was always a POS

Blot

Citizen
Oh, that ship's long sailed. There would be little point in returning to Animated specifically, and frankly I don't think it would help. They've "returned" to Beast Wars this year and I don't particularly care.

Animated was interesting because it did new and fun things, mostly competently. If you liked Animated, you probably want new and fun things. That's different from G1 fans, who are easy to please repeating the same content over again because the value is purely in the nostalgia.
Besides, Animated already was completed.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Y'all remember those shorts that were produced in addition to the episodes and released either online or as bonus features on the DVDs? Well, two of them never made it to official public release. "Logo" and "Starscream's Fantasy" were these two, and have only been screened officially at BotCon 2009 and BotCon 2012. Outside of those two events, Hasbro never put them out for public viewing.

More recently, Transformers YouTubers Keyan Carlile and PaperPlane each received copies of these two unreleased shorts from Marty Isenberg himself, but both promised not to release them online without Marty's permission, who likewise did not release them to the public without Hasbro's permission.

Now, things must have changed since Keyan has gone and uploaded both of these shorts to Twitter, finally allowing everyone online to at last view these two shorts, 15 years after their original convention screening in 2009:

EDIT: This is the message Marty gave him about uploading them now:

Fa4_r8yUcAAqCIL.jpg

Last edited:

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
It's cool, sure, but is it nearly as cool as the first three episodes of season 4, which are on the first page of this thread? ;)

Future_Erika

singularly focused
Citizen
Sari is definitely my favorite "human" character(Verity is probably #2), but if she ever shows up again in animation I hope they give her a south asian voice actress instead of a white lady

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
I kinda hope we get to see Sari in a new continuity some time. The concept of a Transformer who was raised as an human is a really cool one.
Sounds like we're getting something close to that in EarthSpark. The 2 earthborn bots are integrated into the main kids' family and even take on their last name.

Last edited:

Alexcoene

Citizen
Sounds like we're getting something close to that in EarthSpark. The 2 earthborn bots are integrated into the main kids' family and even take on their last name.
Well, I meant more a Transformer believing their 'alt mode' is their real nature. It's a pretty nice extension of the 'robots in disguise' theme, in my opinion.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Well, I meant more a Transformer believing their 'alt mode' is their real nature. It's a pretty nice extension of the 'robots in disguise' theme, in my opinion.
In that sense, Tigatron was kinda like that in Beast Wars, feeling more tiger than Maximal.

Glitch

Citizen
Inferno believed he was an Ant too though was programmed to be a Predacon.

Sari's origins were really interesting, being a G2 reader, I considered she had budded from Megatron and was his daughter.....

blueskyscribe

Citizen
The aesthetic is fine but it was just okay IMO. Lots of concepts I like, but when I watch it I'm not captivated. (I also got tired of the human supervillains reeeeal quick.)

Still in the upper half of TF shows though, I'd gladly watch it over Energon or Cybertron.

Top Bottom