Traitor Watch - The 45 Thread

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Let him run. Maybe enough of the cult will still follow him to split the GOP vote and help a blue win. If nothing else, watching him and DeSantis lay into each other for the next two years could be pretty fun.

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
And Trump's announced he's not interested in returning to Twitter since he has Truth Social now:

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Musk: Leave your sinking ship to get on my ship.(While he's drilling new holes in his ship.)
Trump: No thank you, I'll stay on my seaworthy vessel.(While his crew is desperately bailing water over the side.)

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
I was kind of expecting that response. It'd be like if Musk had gotten banned from Facebook, and Zuckerberg offered to unban him right now. He's got too much ego wrapped up in his current posting place.

ALso I doubt Musk was doing it for any reason other than to try and counter-troll all the people who have been riffing on him for his horrible decisions the past couple weeks.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
I predicted that. I do love the head fake BS "poll" that Musk threw out as to whether or not Trump should be allowed back. Nothing says "free speech absolutionist" like begging the crowd for validation for a decision you've already made.
But, Trump probably has a few contracts in place where he can't jump back yet. Give it a few more months till his network is in the dumpster. Of course, by then Twitter will most likely be gone or crippled horribly as well.

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
The only reason Musk really wants Trump back is because he wants the cult to follow the orange cancer and bring more traffic back to Twitter.

While he's also busy alienating and firing most of the people who actually keep it running.

Yeah, this is gonna go great.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
No, I'm pretty sure he's a genuine Trump fanboy himself. He doesn't say it often, because that would mean taking the attention off himself, but he's said it enough.

Ironbite4

Citizen
Trump will not go back to any place he doesn't control 100%. His ego will never allow him to be controlled again.

Ironbite-watch me be wrong.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Trump will not go back to any place he doesn't control 100%. His ego will never allow him to be controlled again.

Ironbite-watch me be wrong.
He'll happily go back to twitter because the audience is bigger. And musk is a total fanboy who's gutted the oversight. The next time trump is off twitter is because twitter is offline.

Teufel

Citizen
Trump being allowed back on Twitter might be more alarming if there weren't already an army of mainstream journalists who happily share his every brain fart from Truth Social on there. This just cuts out the middlemen.

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
Yeah, it's not like he's actually been unable to post his every idiotic thought for all to see. Only the platform changed, and I'm going to go out on a limb and speculate that the press monitors his Truth Social account 24/7.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Man, people are really hung up over the tax return thing. It's like both sides are run by people who skimmed a Wikipedia article about Al Capone and came away from it with a cargo-cult-esque idea that this is somehow going to be the Smoking Gun.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
That's a good comparison. At this point no one knows what exactly they're expecting to find there, or why it would matter, and no one seems to have a problem with that. Though if anything it's actually shot past it to being even stupider than the Hillary and Hunter witch hunts because they're potentially a distraction from the very real, very obvious, and very-obviously-not-being-prosecuted crimes that Trump has actually done. Meanwhile, I'm convinced that the Republicans know perfectly well their witch hunts won't turn anything up, and are just using them as perpetual reminders that maybe some famous Democrats have done Bad Things and we'll probably never know what but it's a good enough reason to never trust anyone from that party to be in charge of anything ever.

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
And I'm sure it'll be just as relevant as every other piece of criminal evidence against him. What state is he campaigning in this week?

Top Bottom