Traitor Watch - The 45 Thread

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I'm gonna tell my insurance adjuster that my house is worth half a billion dollars and see what he says.

Wonder if the local asylums have decent wifi.

Ironbite4

Citizen
He honestly thought a special master would cause everything to grind to a halt. Cause he had to know that the 11th was going to strike his paid off judge down she's that incompetent. I don't think he actually understood what was about to happen.

Ironbite-then again, that's an easy assumption to make.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
He's grasping at straws at this point. Everything is crashing down around him and he's getting desperate. Between the fraud lawsuit in New York and the federal investigation of his stash of stolen documents he's panicking. He's beginning to realize he can't bully or talk his way out of it this time.

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
He's flinging everything at the wall to see what sticks. It's pretty much the story of his life. Sadly for him, the presidency made him too high-profile to slide as just more celebrity hijinx like all of his previous scandals.

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
I legit don't think they expected the DOJ to be fine with Dearie, and fully anticipated the selection process to take longer.
I also don't think Trump's Dollar Tree Legal Team figured the DOJ would be comfortable narrow focusing their objections to the 11th Circuit, thereby allowing that appeal to get through within a few days (With the 11th Circuit - and two Trump appointees at that - absolutely slaughtering Trump's darling judge's ruling). Which means Dearie sticks around as a Special Master, but Judge Cannon's denial of viewing the documents to the DOJ has been overturned meaning the investigation is back on track (And Garland's probably been spending the down time getting his investigators the clearance levels needed to browse all the documents since that was an issue).

And yeah, Trump's flailing. He'd already been run out of New York in a metaphorical sense long before his Presidential aspirations, his usefulness to Putin evaporated when he failed to secure re-election (Plus Putin can't keep bankrolling Trump's failings when his own economy is teetering on the brink), and the Saudis are not the kind of people you want to disappoint by failing to deliver promised intel (Hence the desperation to get those "planted" files back).

That said, he's managed to dodge every other silver bullet fired his way and we continue to live in entirely unprecedented times. I'm not eagerly anticipating the sword finally coming down on his head, but I definitely can see the walls closing in on the man as his own inability to maintain a narrative is working against him in this instance.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
and the Saudis are not the kind of people you want to disappoint by failing to deliver promised intel (Hence the desperation to get those "planted" files back)
I don't know where you're getting this one from but I find it hard to believe he had promised to hand the documents over to someone in particular and was just putting it off for a year and a half.

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
FB friend:

Trump literally went on FOXNews to say that Hillary's E-mails might have been in the file boxes the FBI took from his golf course. This guy would be a superhero, if stupidity were a super-power.

When Trump says that he can declassify documents just by "thinking" about it, that's basically a confession that you will not find a shred of paperwork to support his "declassification" lie, no matter how hard you look.

I was waiting for one of Trump's stooges to claim that he only stole the nuclear secrets because he is a man of curiosity and insight, and he has taken a keen interest in nuclear weapons engineering. But I guess that's too much of a stretch even for Trump supporters.

It's hilarious that Trump is crying persecution over the NY AG lawsuit, but it's not really causing a stir because he cries persecution ALL THE TIME. Trump cries persecution when his KFC isn't crispy enough.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
I don't know where you're getting this one from but I find it hard to believe he had promised to hand the documents over to someone in particular and was just putting it off for a year and a half.
He wasn't putting it off: he was extorting them for more money.

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen

So in a semi-related topic, Rudy's in his own share of trouble.

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
FB friend:

It seems pretty clear that every Republican's strategy is to lick Trump's boots until he goes to jail, after which they can poach his supporters. They want him to go to prison because they're tired of kissing his ass, but they also want his supporters to see them fighting tooth and nail to protect him.

Unfortunately, that means his influence over the GOP will continue into the foreseeable future, even if he does go to jail. Hell, it will continue even if he dies. There's just no way out of this Trumpian nightmare.

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen

Kushner wasn't given $2 Billion by the Saudis simply because he's an upstanding businessman.
Trump didn't host a Saudi-backed Golf tournament out of the goodness of his heart.

As for putting it off...you really think he'd have released aid to Ukraine if they'd simply opened an investigation into Hunter Biden? He'd have kept squeezing that orange for all the pulp he could.

So in a semi-related topic, Rudy's in his own share of trouble.

So is this the mistress he moved into the Mayoral Mansion before even telling his second wife things were over?

Top Bottom