Traitor Watch - The 45 Thread

Stepwise

Not Crew.
Citizen
TRUMP CALLS PUTIN’S UKRAINE MOVES “GENIUS” BECAUSE HE’S A SICK MAN WHO HATES DEMOCRACY

Can't even stop kissing up to Poutine when he's not president (and probably never will be again, if his weakening grip on the GOP and his failing health have anything to say about it)

the worst part is the GOP's ready to move on from Trump to ******* DeSantis, who's even more of a fascist and much less of an idiot

Donald just advocating WW3 by proxy.

Seems like he's being a little inconsistent - oh, wait.

Teufel

Citizen
Hello, Mr. Thompson.

Fox’s Sean Hannity set Trump up multiple times during the 30-minute exchange to criticize Putin, but the former president didn’t go along. He instead touted his relationships with Putin, the North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and President Xi Jinping of China.

Trump came under fire last month for describing Putin’s invasion of Ukraine as “genius” and “savvy,” keeping in line with his tendency to speak favorably of the Russian leader. Even House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, a Trump ally, broke with the former president this week, saying there was nothing “savvy or genius” about Putin. McCarthy went on to say that Putin was “evil,” condemning a war that has already left hundreds of civilians dead in Ukraine.

Hannity not once, but twice, brought up the blowback to Trump’s comments.

“I think you also recognize he’s evil, do you not?” the Fox host said.

Trump again didn’t go that far, but Hannity gave it another try.

“Let me go back to the issue of the criticism, because I’ve known you well over 25 years,” he said. “And when you got criticized for saying that Vladimir Putin is smart, we’ve had many conversations, and you’ve often quoted to me Sun Tzu, ‘The Art of War’: Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Is that how you viewed Vladimir? Did you view Vladimir Putin and people like President Xi and Kim Jong Un and the Iranian mullahs as enemies that you needed to keep close?”

Trump, in response, didn’t call his former counterparts enemies.

“I got along with these people. I got along with them well,” he said. “That doesn’t mean they are good people. It doesn’t mean anything other than the fact that I understood them and perhaps they understood me — maybe they understood me even better. That’s OK, because they knew there would be a big penalty.”

Hannity pressed yet again, telling the former president he wanted to understand his thinking, while also trying to put words into Trump’s mouth.

“The thinking is, we got along but you knew that they were looking out for their interests at all times,” Hannity said, with the former president interjecting, “One-hundred percent.”

The Fox News host continued: “And you understood that they were capable of evil things.”

“Putin is for Russia, and you see what happened,” Trump responded. “And that is all because they didn’t respect our leader. Look, there was nobody, and Putin will tell you this — if he was telling the truth, and I am sure he has told it to all of his inner sanctum — nobody was tougher on Russia than me.”

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
The longer he can keep everything tied up in litigation, the longer it'll take for the noose to tighten. And considering his age and health, at this point he might as well run out the clock.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Don't forget he can now send out more fundraising e-mails to continue that grift, aka the real reason

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
At what point do we just straight-up admit the legal system is fundamentally broken? Like, there have to be plenty of countries where he wouldn't be allowed to do this stuff, right? And not just the third-world ones where people have no rights.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
The longer he can keep everything tied up in litigation, the longer it'll take for the noose to tighten. And considering his age and health, at this point he might as well run out the clock.
That's my biggest concern: that he's going to keep doing all he can to "kick the can" down the road until he finally dies. And without him facing ANY consequences to the crap he's done over the past several years...it keeps the door open for the conspiracy nuts and right wing fanatical to continue to peddle his garbage and continue to twist the narrative of what he's done.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Let's be real here: they were going to do that anyway. No matter what happens, be it jail time or his natural end, they were going to martyr him. Christ, he's the ass that made racism okay again. That made literal facism into mainstream american politics.

He didn't start this trend, he just took full advantage of it to literally scam as much money as he could. Trump going to trial, going to jail: these are things for the people still interested in progressing and reforming THIS society. The rest of them are just waiting for the civil war and any real excuse to set it off.

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
A reminder to the "lawyers" working on this for Trump - you're never getting paid.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Turns out trump was using burner phones on the 6th for about 7 and a half hours.

And that still won't push anyone into actually arresting him.

Top Bottom