Traitor Watch - The 45 Thread

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yeah, when it comes to Trump and consequences I'm very much in the "believe it when I see it" camp. I know if one of us took home 15 boxes of classified material we'd go to jail. Not to sure about Donald.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
If he had a brick for every time the news said "The walls are closing in" he could have built the wall.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
But he still wouldn't, because he could sell the bricks to his donors. And you'd probably have even more messages about it.

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
I want to be optimistic and point out that the article says the investigation is still ongoing, but the last six years or so have burned out any shreds of optimism I might have had left.

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Same. He's never going to jail, never going to die, and we're probably stuck with him as Republican nominee in 2024. Yay.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Imagine if the news media agreed to a policy of "If you're not ready to announce charges, we're not giving you air time to hype your investigation."

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Billionaires only get in trouble if they steal from other billionaires.
Trump isn't even a real billionaire. He pissed away his money ages ago, and with it, whatever goodwill he might have had with the Rich People's Club that keeps rich people immune from consequences. Not to mention he should have a reputation for stiffing everyone he offers to pay for things, so if bribery would normally be involved, the bribe-ees haven't seen a cent. And yet he's still immune to any consequences.

At this point it's less "of course; he's rich" and more "maybe deals with the Devil are a real thing and he made one once".

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
Or he just has enough dirt on enough other billionaires that they don't dare turn him in, knowing that he'll spill everything just out of spite (and/or just being unable to keep his mouth shut).

Paladin

Citizen
At this point he could shoot someone else on Fifth Avenue and win AGAIN.

It's not like the Democrats are doing all that much to stop him from doing so...

Top Bottom