Traitor Watch - The 45 Thread

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
Because too many hands are in this particular cookie jar. It's a catastrophic failure at all levels. Too many people sought their own advantage by authorizing/ignoring Trump's behavior. Arresting Trump and formally charging him will result in a LOT of people on both sides of the aisle and at ALL levels being charged as a result.
I don't see how this can be "both sides"'d, but you've gone and done it....

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
I'm not trying to "both sides" the situation. The lion's share of the burden lay at the feet with people with Rs behind their names. But by that same token, the rot would not have sunk so deep into the foundations without a few people with Ds also ignoring or taking advantage of the situation.

That's not me trying to say Democrats are just as bad as the Republicult. That's just being realistic to the situation. An entire government doesn't get this much shit all over the walls in four years without some wanton violations of laws and practices.

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm enjoying Rust's descent-into-nihilistic-madness arc.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
I saw a picture today that really got to me. It said, "I'm doing an awful lot of finding out for very little ******* around. I'd like to **** around a bit more if this is the amount of finding out I'm to receive."

I really feel that, especially watching this bloviated fake tanned fat bastard not get what's coming to him. Why is he not finding out? He fucked around way worse than any of us.

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
The bastard should have been arrested at the same time the FBI seized documents from Mar-a-Lago.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
The idea that he made it through his first campaign for office in the first place without being laughed out is still sickening. Everything else is just diarrhea frosting on the shit cake.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
He SHOULD have been arrested and thrown in jail like 30 or 40 years ago, actually. He's a career criminal who has been at the very least skirting the edge of the law as long as he's been active in real estate.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I mean, I'm not disagreeing, but before the campaign he was just another dipshit celebrity coasting on a reputation despite being mocked everywhere from the Simpsons to Sesame Street. If he'd just stayed there, he'd continue to be a footnote in history and nobody would really care.

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
The idea that he made it through his first campaign for office in the first place without being laughed out is still sickening.

Especially in a Primary field that diverse. We know Russia was stirring the pot, but even now I'm torn between accepting the wide primary gave Trump the traction he needed for Russia to really get behind him and push, or that Russian interference is still under-reported simply by virtue of how many other challengers he managed to swat out of the way despite his behavior.

Of course, that bastard Comey had to go and slap his dick on the scale at the 11th hour just before the election.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
You're also ignoring the idea that trump acted entirely in the way the republican base wanted. They literally want an autocrat: this is what the cult they built was trained to want.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
There is the argument that the DOJ needs to be particularly careful, given his ill-gotten status in the world and the precedent he's setting... But there's also the argument (that the DOJ themselves keep making.) that no one is above the law: yet despite the fact that the literal other 8 billion people would have been in jail by now and trump still walks free.

For christ sake, you're still missing documents even: search his other ******* properties. No one else would have been granted this leniency when it's already proven he's committed the crime!

MrBlud

Citizen
As Herschel Walker (a man so completely unfit for *any* elected office he makes Trump look like Benjamin Franklin) aptly demonstrates, the Republicans could nominate literally any person, place, or thing and their advantage is so unfairly stacked through gerrymandering, disenfranchisement, and propaganda there is almost no chance the election isn’t within 5 points.

Which is insane. A lot of the Republican candidates are firmly in the 10-20% chance in a non-fucked up world but it’s going to be close and there’s a real chance any (or all) of them could win.

Top Bottom