Traitor Watch - The 45 Thread

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Anything marked confidential or top secret is by default government property and Trump has no right to have it back. He's just trying to delay any indictments until after the election so that a republican controlled house can throw a wrench into the works. Just another reason to do everything we can to KEEP the house blue.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
It'll probably get tossed on appeal, it's a straight up delaying tactic. They need to find someone who has high enough security clearance to view everything AND won't be accused (even though its doesn't matter who it is, they will be accused.) of being biased against trump.

Frankly, I like the idea of letting trump recommend someone, giving them the security clearance needed to peruse all this stuff: then killing them when it's over. "I could tell you, but then I would have to kill you...".

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
The Constitution guarantees a right to a speedy trial. Shame we can't find a judge who'll interpret that as saying it should be guaranteed even when the defendant is the one trying to prevent it.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
This is past the point where a swift trial, conviction, and execution is prudent. This is the kind of scenario where you'd want to lock him up and interrogate him for years about what other dark secrets he might be keeping.

I only regret that we've discovered that torture is ineffective at getting information out of people, because he sure as hell deserves no less.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
It's not just him we need interrogated. He's a rambling jackass who would happily waste the investigators' time for years on end until his health finally fails and still not get anywhere within a forty-mile radius of useful information.

We need everyone around him interrogated.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
On top of all that: you need everyone who enabled him into a position of power arrested and barred from government. They all need to be investigated to ensure they haven't compromised national security.

Functionally, you need to completely stamp out the ideology that originated this mess... but doing that is also completely counter to a free and open democratic system.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Which is why I said it was also completely counter to a free and democratic system. It also sets a, frankly, horrible precedent for the next batch of monsters that'll pop up, cause you know hitler wanna-be 3.0 will straight up take advantage of it.

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
Whatever happens needs to be entirely by the book. The problem is that the Republicans have spent decades rewriting the book.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
And also the book was poorly written to begin with. Which is how they've been able to do that and get away with it.

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Relevant quote:
"Vigorously defending the client — even one known for unscrupulous behavior or accused of an egregious crime — is part of a lawyer’s basic job description. But attorneys are bound by a code of professional conduct that forbids them from crossing certain lines, including knowingly making false claims, filing frivolous lawsuits or motions, and doing anything to further a crime."
It kinda sounds like Trump refuses to accept legal counsel from anyone who won't agree to do actual crimes on his behalf. Thaaaaat explains why nobody wants to represent him anymore.

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
I wonder how many times this conversation has played out between Trump and his prospective legal teams...

KidTDragon

Now with hi-res avatar!
Citizen
It kinda sounds like Trump refuses to accept legal counsel from anyone who won't agree to do actual crimes on his behalf. Thaaaaat explains why nobody wants to represent him anymore.
That, and the fact that he never pays them.

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
All Donald Trump needs is for Saul Goodman to be a real lawyer and represent him. heh

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
That's why Trump would have to pay up front, in cash, in duffel bags, to get Goodman to take him on as a client. Then he'll tamper with the evidence and get Judge Judy appointed Special Master.

Top Bottom