Traitor Watch - The 45 Thread

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
He has no reason not to pardon them, except to send a reminder to all the kids watching (because it's the kind of thing only a Saturday morning cartoon villain would do) that evil can't be trusted even by other evil people.

But Trump is a Saturday morning cartoon villain brought to life, so yeah he totally won't.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
More to the point, he's a total narcissist. It gets him attention to claim he''ll do it, but he won't pardon them because it doesn't serve his wants anymore.

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It's his need to have January 6th framed as a joyous day rather than one of the darkest in our history that leads me to believe he'll pardon them.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
And again: so long people continue to cheer him (which they will do so long as he hangs the possibility of favour over them.) he doesn't care what those other people actually think, want, or need. Trump will only move to pardon himself, everyone else goes under the bus. And if he gets his second term: then he won't need a pardon.

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
Assuming he does run, I'll be fascinated to see who his VP pick is, since I am sure "will you help me take over as dictator for life" will be one of the things they will have to agree to before he picks them.

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Maybe, but he's term limited to one more term and doesn't give a hug about the next guy, even if he's potentially another Republican. I think he just goes with whoever is popular with the alt-right at the time.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
NajmFjZ.jpeg

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Assuming he does run, I'll be fascinated to see who his VP pick is, since I am sure "will you help me take over as dictator for life" will be one of the things they will have to agree to before he picks them.

That pretty much narrows it down to Stephen Miller.

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Oh gawd, Trump/Lindell 2024. Surely even Biden can pull that one out.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Nobody who'd be willing to vote for Trump again in 2024 would consider any possible VP pick a deal breaker.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Nope, desantis is more popular than trump is right now. Still need to fluff his ego, after all.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
I actually listened to today's session of the hearing in full, and a good chunk of it focused on the election officials who had been targeted by Trump's mob during the recounts. They brought on an election official who had been name-dropped by Trump in one of his speeches. She and her mother had been flooded with death threats, and an honest-to-God lynch mob even showed up at her grandmother's house and tried to force their way inside. In the end they had to go into witness protection.

I don't even remember any of that stuff making the news. Maybe it didn't, maybe I wasn't watching it, or maybe I just forgot all about it because of how much it paled in comparison to what happened later. If any other president in this country's history had done what Trump did, by naming that official in front of the mob, I don't think it's an exaggeration to say it would have been the most heinous thing he'd ever done. Yes, that includes the entirety of Watergate. Yes, that includes the entire Vietnam War. But for Donald J. Trump, it was just another day of the week, and only the beginning.

Goddammit, I have a neighbor who has a TRUMP WON flag hanging from their house, and after hearing that woman's testimony, it's going to be all I can do to walk past that house ever again without ripping that flag down, setting it on fire, and using it to torch the house.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
On a slightly less savory note, it appalled me to hear multiple sitting members of Congress—the ones who are fighting against Trump, mind you—describe the US Constitution as "divinely inspired". Ugh. I'm pretty sure that counts as blasphemy, or at the very least heresy.

KidTDragon

Now with hi-res avatar!
Citizen
Same. I'm telling myself that they had to say that because it's the best way to try to get the "Christians" to actually listen to their testimonies and realize that Trump and his co-conspirators are in the wrong, but I know that's not why.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
On a slightly less savory note, it appalled me to hear multiple sitting members of Congress—the ones who are fighting against Trump, mind you—describe the US Constitution as "divinely inspired". Ugh. I'm pretty sure that counts as blasphemy, or at the very least heresy.
The only way I can reconcile it is that they mean it in a quasi-but-not-entirely serious way.

That said, there are a lot of other things these folks routinely say that are at odds with their professed (especially Christian) religious beliefs, so there's that.

Top Bottom