Toy and Action Figure Thread

Dake

Citizen
giphy.gif

electricidad

Citizen
Dipped my toe into the Valaverse Action Force and bought a Scarab from BBTS. I figured it would pair well with GI Joe Classified (he has the feel of a guy who drives a Cobra vehicle, kind of as a punitive assignment). This guy's solid, and crazy poseable. Didn't need to heat up the joints.

IMG_2472.jpegIMG_2474.jpeg

Head pops off with ease, which makes him customizable. The 20th Captain America is a good fit, as are both Dr. Strange heads. He scales perfectly with Classified and Marvel Legends.

IMG_2475.jpegIMG_2473.jpeg

Then, of course, there's this.

IMG_2476.jpeg

Glad I grabbed him. He works as an AIM soldier; he works as a Cobra op.

IMG_2477.jpeg

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Planning for a new article, and I'm curious: I'm aware of figure revivals/continuations/updates for Bucky O'Hare and Toxic Crusaders, and I know Mattel Creations has dabbled with Street Sharks. Any other not-quite A-list properties that have been getting this sort of treatment?

(I have the TMNT remakes and MotU Origins on standby, but I'd like smaller stuff that wasn't quite so dominating in the industry at the time if possible.)

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Dino Riders got a sort of revival but woth unpainted, un articulate hunks of plastic.

Noideaforaname

Stone and Sky
Citizen
c1G3w5s.jpg

"WAAAAAAAAAAAGH!"

4pupMCc.jpg

There's a neat piston effect when you bend the knees and elbows, but the backpack but keeps falling apart.

hrKo6Qb.jpg

Feeling kinda burned on this series already. Ork boy's defective, Necron goon can't hold his gun up for long thanks to being made of soft plastic, too scared by the arm breakage reports to buy my beloved Tyranid....
At least the Chaos Guy is ok.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
I never was a big fan of Gargoyles. In fact, I never even watched it until a few years ago. But I absolutely loved the story arc of Demona. I was only able to get the first couple season, so I don't know if she ever redeemed herself. But the fallen hero aspect of her character always struck me as really poignant for a children's show. As much as I don't remember of this show, one scene always stuck with me.

I do not wish to hurt you.

And I do not wish to be you.

So she was my favorite character. So when I saw this at a vintage toy store a fewcyears ago, I had to get it

1F9217A5-7406-4EF6-A7C9-9FB9F5788BF2.jpeg

Pretty nice, but then I saw this aut Target today.

0C3B549D-5FBB-4740-86B1-6380AA8495BB.jpeg

18D49D0C-8774-4BCF-8129-A11D9DFCE0CB.jpeg

2344A345-25E0-4E15-B218-0EF2F80D4EF6.jpeg

645C4074-7A2E-48AC-A944-7374F8654D6F.jpeg

Those wings do make her quite a bit wider than I anticipate. So I'm not sure where I'm going to display it. But is is a really nice figure.

Noideaforaname

Stone and Sky
Citizen
7GiJB0d.jpg

Let the Galaxy burn!

Displeased with McFarlane's versions, I decided to dip my toe into Joy Toy. First impression: oh, they're huge:
btjsnAs.jpg

I mean they're Space Marines, they're supposed to be big lads, but seeing them dwarf Lord Vader was quite a surprise.

0KafJYN.jpg

Mr. Havoc's claw's got some articulation! Nowhere near enough to actually move rockets to and from the backpack and launcher, but still better than nothing. The lone missile technically can fit in the claw, but it's super tight and I ended up scratching the paint on both.

YJBqgzG.jpg

The missile can also fit in the gun barrel, although it's rather loose.

rG4VaHF.jpg

Trying to get the rocket launcher over the big old shoulder armor is a little weird, especially if you want him to shoot straight. I swapped the pauldrons so the gun could sit against the armor itself instead of a raised design, which seems to have helped a bit.

nuTe8OY.jpg

Mr. Reg's bolter has this ammo belt, which is kinda cool but also kinda annoying given it's a literal take on a static model design applied to a posable action figure. It's thankfully not limited to one pose, but I'm tempted to just yank it off all the same.

mm6JTR6.jpg

z3uto78.jpg

The, um, entire hip regions on both these chaps 'float' loosely. The "skeletons" underneath do everything they're supposed to, but the belt/loincloth/codpiece/butt armor part aren't attached to anything. Don't know if that's by design or coincidental QC issue.

Anyways, I quite like these two. Dunno if it's quite worth the price, but I kinda anticipate this being my only purchase. Unless they go all in on Tyranids. God help me if that happens.

ptc4tNz.jpg

"Death to the False Emp--- hang on, he can walk?!"

Noideaforaname

Stone and Sky
Citizen
JTsZnoP.jpg

We have a T. rex!

3CvNeFP.jpg

Two, actually.

SFbglLT.jpg

So Rexy is quite big. I mean she's supposed to be, but still such a huge gap between her and anything else in the HC line.
Also I have no idea what the intended effect with the eyes is supposed to be, but they look like lifeless black doll eyes at basically every angle.

a7EDSDB.jpg

dGlQzoB.jpg

YQzW5Ug.jpg

electricidad

Citizen
Ah, Animal Warriors of the Kingdom. I’ve waited two years for you. Totally worth the wait! Still have a few I haven’t opened yet. First thing I did was pop an Onyx head onto a Blight body. Instant panther villain for Lexion’s crew.

IMG_3827.jpeg
IMG_3831.jpeg
Gave my other Onyx an axe. Figured he could lumberjack when not battling evil.

IMG_3834.jpeg
Vero Atlas is my personal favorite of the first two waves. Good figure with a unique accessory. A magic user to boot.

IMG_3829.jpeg
Saw youtubers putting a cloak on Atreiu.

I also did that.
Very pleased with this line!

Attachments

• IMG_3835.jpeg
    IMG_3835.jpeg
    86.2 KB · Views: 50

electricidad

Citizen
Spero is launching its next Animal Warriors of the Kingdom kickstarter. New body types, new animals, plus a chameleon that’s delightful.

Supposed to go live March 6.

EDIT: It went live this morning. Not all in, but getting some lizards and a King Hannibal.

Last edited:

electricidad

Citizen
12 hours and it’s at 69%. Nice.

Here’s a couple of customs I made, one a simple head and gear swap, the other a head swap and paint job.

IMG_4446.jpeg

Top Bottom