Toy and Action Figure Thread

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Okay, kind of a weird request here:
So recently, Haywire3 has been watching Tetsujin 28 (aka Gigantor) and Shin Tetsujin 28 with me, and he is absolutely in love with the show. So now, he is asking for a Tetsujin 28 toy. The problems being, 1) He's 5-1/2, so it needs to be TOY and able to handle reasonably rough play, and 2) Everthing I can find currently available is a model kit and/or ungodly expensive.
I guess my question is, does anyone have any suggestions for a decently Toyetic Tetsujin 28 figure for a reasonable price for a child's plaything? Or, failing an official version, a knock-off of enough quality to not poison him with lead paint or break into dangerous pieces? My Google-fu is pretty weak, and I came up with nothing on Amazon or the Bay of e.
Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: I do see a Good Smile Moderoid kit on HLJ for under $30 before shipping, but are those truly model kits? Or can they hold up to some play?

Last edited:

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
IMG_3070.jpeg

I found this at Target today. Of course Predator toys aren't exactly hard to find by any means. But I wanted one that was specifically designed after the original movie. So I was happy to find this

IMG_3071.jpeg

So I guess someone should tell Sub Zero that the Predator's been ripping people's spines out since before it was cool.

IMG_3072.jpeg

And it comes with an unmasked head as well as a mask he can hold.

IMG_3073.jpeg

And it came with a blaster effect.

IMG_3074.jpeg

And alongside an older Predator I had. The old toy's shoulder cannon broke off, so the new one dropped its own cannon to keep it sporting. Though he's not above using his nifty explosive thingy.

So, these are both NECA, but this new one has so many cool accessories and little details. It's really nice. Now all I have to do is not break the shoulder cannon.

Top Bottom