Tomb Raider

wentwood

Citizen
I own 10 Tomb Raider games and have mostly been playing Tomb Raider VII Legend.

On TR VII I'm on Area 4 South Africa.

The thing about Tomb Raider is starting with VII Legend the game merges 4 areas into one mass level. So far Japan has been the hardest level for me.

What Tomb Raider games are you playing?

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
9C02996B-B068-48F3-A177-45B1F4D3B148.jpeg

Row 1: My PC collection, though I no longer have a PC that can play them.
Row 2: PlayStation
Row 3: PS2, 3, 4.

I used to have Legend on Gamecube and Anniversary on Wii. I guess I must have sold them when I got the trilogy on PS3.

I also have Shadow of the Tomb Raider thanks to PS+ and Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light digitally on PS3. Also not pictured are various comics, strategy guides, statues and the entire movie set.

wentwood

Citizen
I picked up the Tomb Raider DVD game which is adapted from Tomb Raider VI The Angel Of Darkness.

I got stuck on the 2nd Paris level.

Hopefully this will calm down the PS 2 game some.

I own all of the games in the Legend Trilogy for PS 2 and Angel Of Darkness.

PS 2 got Underworld which is supposed to calm down the game play on PS 3s version.

Playing the Legend Trilogy on a PS 2 Slim due to loud fan issues with the PS 3.

Due to backwards compatible I bought the first 5 Tomb Raider games from PS 1.

Last edited:

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Tomb Raider- beat it on PC

Tomb Raider II - beat it on PC

Tomb Raider III - played on PC, but it was a buggy mess and I just gave up on it. This was before the times of patches.

Last Revelation - Beat it on PC

Chronicles - Wouldn't run on my PC, so I returned it. By the time I got a backwards compatible PS2, it was so antiquated that I just couldn't play it. Mostly got it to complete the collection.

Angel of Darkness - By the time I got my PS2, there were much better TR games. This was an even buggier mess than III and deserves the ridicule it received.

Legend - beat it on Gamecube and PS3

Anniversary - beat it on Gamecube and PS3

Underworld - beat it on PS3. It got some flak for being buggier than Legend and Anniversary. And is actually was pretty buggy. But I stuck with it because it finished the story of the other two.

Tomb Raider (second reboot) - finished on PS3.

Rise - finished on PS4.

Shadow - I have it on PS5 thanks to PS+. But I have to be honest...

-----

I really just haven't had as much fun with the reboot.

With the classics, there was suspense. There was definitely action. Some might say that there were some horror moments here and there.

But there was also humor. Lara was a cheeky kind of explorer who loved what she did. The bad guys may get the drop on her, but you knew she'd get the upper hand in the end. And by the look in her eyes, you knew that she knew it too.

The reboot just seems all about maintaining stress while putting Lara through as much hell as possible.

wentwood

Citizen
Found my Play Station 2 Tomb Raider games and will be able to play Tomb Raider I - V (PS 1) due to backwards compatible for them.

I can play up to Tomb Raider IX Underworld on PS 2.

As for the Survivor Trilogy (X - XII)

Will try to play the games on cloud game service due to the large file size of those 3 games.

Tomb Raider VII Legend

Currently on Area 4.

Will play the DVD version of Tomb Raider VI The Angel Of Darkness.

wentwood

Citizen
Part 2

The Levels

Toughest level so far was Tomb Raider VII Area 3 Japan. Too much shimmy up and a ton of seemingly rediculous off the cable jumps that didn't seem like you would make it.

Tomb Raider V Chronicles Ireland seemed like just a waste of a level set that got you stuck.

I got to level 2 and got stalled on Chronicles. Same for Angel Of Darkness Paris Level 2 so will swap for the DVD version of the game.

Angel Of Darkness got grief as the controls were clunky and other factors.

wentwood

Citizen
Tomb Raider The Adventure Game will be in Thursday or Friday so hopefully this will calm down Tomb Raider VI a bit.

Top Bottom