Titans Return Appreciation Thread

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
Just wish there was more dedicated fiction, along the lines of that one promo comic or whatever it was.
I'm not sure if you're talking about the IDW comics that were actually branded "Titans Return," but I'd say those didn't really do the toyline justice. Best we got was that "Trypticon Crunch" poster (that reminds me that, now that I'm back in my work office after a year of lockdown, I should find a place to hang that).

Robogeek1973

An oldie but a goodie!
Citizen
I stopped collecting for awhile after Titans Return first started, as I hated non-Headmaster characters being Headmasters all of a sudden, and LOATHED the use of stickers instead of paint apps as well.

That being said, once I started collecting again once Siege started, I did start working on this shelf.

n3Wrpar.jpg

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I love this toy line and I put a lot of time into making a video on it.

Its a good video, although I disagree with your thoughts on the larger figures.

Overlord is a fun toy, and is the first US toy for the character aside from a tiny little HOC toy.
Optimus Prime is a fun update to the Powermaster Optimus Prime, but I do agree that he could be better.
Galvatron is the best Galvatron toy that we had ever got at that point. Bar none. Same goes for Blitzwing and Octane.
G2 Optimus Prime is yet another great version of the toy. A lot better than the previous attempt at it.

I will agree that Soundwave and Blaster are a bit too big and bulky as Leaders, and their tapes are lack luster.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Blaster and Soundwave were made that big so that their Legends class minions could fit inside their chest compartments.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It made sense back when Combiner Wars had just given us Leader class Megatron and Starscream, before WFC came along and threw that scale out.

Demovere Xeno

HALLELUJAH
Citizen
If the current design team weren't obsessed with being 100% accurate to the G1 toys/fiction, it would've been nice to see Star Saber's Brainmaster reworked into a Titan Master. Maybe add Titan Master compatibility to the V-Star's base mode, too.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Blaster has a great figure aside from the head gimmick. What I want is a Twin Cast repaint of the rumored mold and legit cassettes like Soundwave got.

ChessPieceFace

Citizen
I really liked Titans Return! I always love Transformers with drivers and usable cockpits, and that was the whole line, so that was great. And Overlord!

It's just a shame that we only ever got pre-existing G1 characters, when it would've been the easiest line ever to throw in a million fun random repaints with different heads... I particularly wanted just a multipack of repainted heads to switch between bodies. Still can't believe Takara never used them in blindboxes or something.

MrBlud

Citizen

Overlord is a fun toy, and is the first US toy for the character aside from a tiny little HOC toy.
Optimus Prime is a fun update to the Powermaster Optimus Prime, but I do agree that he could be better.
Galvatron is the best Galvatron toy that we had ever got at that point. Bar none. Same goes for Blitzwing and Octane.
G2 Optimus Prime is yet another great version of the toy. A lot better than the previous attempt at it.

I will agree that Soundwave and Blaster are a bit too big and bulky as Leaders, and their tapes are lack luster.

TR Galvatron’s stupid, awful head/brace that 99% of us had to buy something to replace would disagree with you.

Energon Galvatron might not have been as accurate a G1 Galvatron but it’s *unquestionably* a better toy.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
TR Galvatron’s stupid, awful head/brace that 99% of us had to buy something to replace would disagree with you.

Energon Galvatron might not have been as accurate a G1 Galvatron but it’s *unquestionably* a better toy.
Dems fighten wurds!

lol. If you think that Energon is a better Galvatron toy, then more power to you. Personally, I much rather prefer the Titans Return figure. Does it look better with $30 worth of 3rd party add-on parts? Indeed it does, but what figure doesn't?

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The mask sucked but I'm not sure some of those 3d printed balloon helmets were really better.

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
I would've rather kept the original mask than any of those helmets you put over the Titan Master. The Renderform replacement head works really well, though. Glad I got one of those, even if he is more or less getting replaced with Kingdom Galvatron now.

Notomus

Unofficial Pope of Devconism
Citizen

I'm not denying that the leaders are fun toys, when I mention that they don't leave me with much to say it's because they never really impressed or disappointed me. They've always sort of just been there. Disagree on Galvatron, I regret ever owning it. I do quite like the G2 Optimus figure but I am interested to see what Legacy does with it's G2 Optimus Prime.

Top Bottom