Titans Return Appreciation Thread

Questionable Meats

Citizen
There has been a bit of yellowing on mine, but he always leaned more towards green compared to the original blue.
Just toss him in that washing machine, bam there you go!

I kid. I definitely can't say much, I'm surprised my G1 Astrotrain is even in as good a condition as he is. But he was also my second G1 Astrotrain. The first one... didn't survive an accidental flight off the 2nd floor balcony when I was 5 😅

All that aside, I kind of miss the chances that TR took, plus we got a decent Trypticon out of it (Fortress Maximus would have been better if they had at least retooled a bit more, and made his fortress mode actually look more fortress-y and not just him laying down).

I was never able to find a TR Misfire, ended up getting a Legacy version of the character.

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
Blurr was the first Takara figure that I'd imported, after many years of being tempted to. That colour scheme was just too beautiful to ignore.

As for TR in general, I think what really helped it succeed was coming off a year and a half of CW and the relative sameness of everyone needing to be a limb. The designers had more freedom to get creative, and it showed!

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
I only know it because I replaced some broken parts on my original Targetmaster Blurr with a regular Blurr, and they stand out because they are so much brighter. TR Blurr is still darker, but I definitely think that the scheme originates with the Targetmaster version.View attachment 2977View attachment 2978
There has been a bit of yellowing on mine, but he always leaned more towards green compared to the original blue.
I'd really need to see G1 Blurr next to G1 TM Blurr. Besides which, the yellowing on this one is so obvious as to obscure the authentic differences between it and the later versions.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I'd really need to see G1 Blurr next to G1 TM Blurr.
There are comparison pics between the two in both modes in this gallery:

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Thank you, Sabrblade! I didn't quite realize how much my Blurr has yellowed! But that image gallery does show that TM Blurr has at least a slightly darker/greener scheme compared to the original.

Also explains why TR Blurr didn't read nearly as 'off' to me as it did to most fans. I wonder if the Hasbro version was colored after a sample nearly as yellowed as mine?

Stepwise

Not Crew.
Citizen
Got to open Legends Topspin today.
This is the first Japanese TF I've bought in years - I can see why people liked these so much. The plastic is nice and sturdy, and the paint apps look great. Very cool transformation, too. His targetmaster buddy is a little wobbly, which is disappointing - I'm hanging on to him until I get Pointblank - but overall, this was a really fun set.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
PSA alert regarding Titan class Trypticon:

I had to put mine away in a storage been awhile ago, in which I had it laying down on its right side. Yesterday, I took it out of the bin to finally put it back on display... and his right arm just fell right off. The pin that connects the arm joint to the side of his body just came off.

I'm guessing there was some pressure applied to the area surrounding the pin, which loosened it from the hole that it uses to keep the arm joint attached to the body.

I managed to find the fallen pin and force it back into the hole, but I can't be certain if I got it all the way back in, and now I have to be really careful whenever moving Trypticon's right arm.

Last edited:

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Dang, Sabrblade, sorry to hear that. Mine is in storage too, but he's in "ship" mode with a towel surrounding him. Nothing seems to be putting pressure on him, so I'm hoping that he remains intact.

Glitch

Citizen
You'd do better to rest titans on their backs rather then their sides.

- Captain Hindsight PSA.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
You'd do better to rest titans on their backs rather then their sides.

- Captain Hindsight PSA.
His tail made him too long to fit into the bin on his back, or in ship mode. Lying him on his side with his tail pointed up at 90 degrees was the only way he'd fit inside the bin. Dude's a big boi.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
My Trypticon is kind of out on display in Dino mode, thou when I say on display, more like stood on the floor near my bed, thou he not moved in ages, similar with most of the other titans bar Black Zarak, whom only as of the other day, switched from base mode to robot mode, as Christmas is over and I finally got rid of the remains of the snow confetti that I used to help make the scene look more festive

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
PSA alert regarding Titan class Trypticon:

I had to put mine away in a storage been awhile ago, in which I had it laying down on its right side. Yesterday, I took it out of the bin to finally put it back on display... and his right arm just fell right off. The pin that connects the arm joint to the side of his body just came off.

I'm guessing there was some pressure applied to the area surrounding the pin, which loosened it from the hole that it uses to keep the arm joint attached to the body.

I managed to find the fallen pin and force it back into the hole, but I can't be certain if I got it all the way back in, and now I have to be really careful whenever moving Trypticon's right arm.

My first Trypticon did that right out of the box when I got it back during TR. As far as I could tell by examining the pieces it looks like the pin on that arm was only ever half there on mine. Like they used a defective half length pin. That was my guess.

(As it had just come out Amazon apologized and sent me a new one no charge. O'l one-arm is still in a box in the basement somewhere.)

-ZacWilliam, It looked like it would be an easy thing to repair with some stuff from a hardware store but I never tried.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Now that you mention it, the pin did seem pretty short in length. Less than half a centimeter, even.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Since this thread got bumped...
Online retailers are getting a rerun of the Retro box Headmasters. If you missed them a couple years ago, now's a good chance to get them for decent prices.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Online retailers are getting a rerun of the Retro box Headmasters. If you missed them a couple years ago, now's a good chance to get them for decent prices.

I haven't been there myself to confirm, but I'm hearing a lot of scuttlebutt about them popping up at Ross for pretty reasonable prices as well.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
Based on the Ross sightings, this sounds more like late deliveries from the warehouse rather than a new production run.

Top Bottom