Titans Return Appreciation Thread

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Surprised nobody made Blitzwing's other faces into heads, the faces he had in Animated and his Thrilling 30 toy.

The TR verison is meant to be his G1 self, not a hyird of G1 & Animated, thou the T30 having the face gimmick, was a total failure due to the way it was desgined in my book, it worked well on the animated toy where the head spins sidewards, but the up and down, didn't really work well on T30, but then Blitzwing has a bit of a rocky time with his toys, animated was a awesome figure, T30 was a figure suffering from some bad choices and miscaluations, TR, was ok, he was my Blitzwing until Legacy verison appeared and just gone into storage within the last few days when I finally decided to take him off my con shelf and swap him over

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The one thing from the T30 Blitzwing that I really loved was the way that pulling his tank gun barrel back in a "recoil" motion triggered the missile to fire.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The TR verison is meant to be his G1 self, not a hyird of G1 & Animated, thou the T30 having the face gimmick, was a total failure due to the way it was desgined in my book, it worked well on the animated toy where the head spins sidewards, but the up and down, didn't really work well on T30, but then Blitzwing has a bit of a rocky time with his toys, animated was a awesome figure, T30 was a figure suffering from some bad choices and miscaluations, TR, was ok, he was my Blitzwing until Legacy verison appeared and just gone into storage within the last few days when I finally decided to take him off my con shelf and swap him over
Three Titanmasters for him would have been cool, though.

Glitch

Citizen
In Transformers Legends, Blitzwing came with 'Big Fight', it was Shufflers drone repainted but apparently it was Big Convoy disguised as a Decepticon trying to 'coach' Blitzwing. Now imagine what two extra heads could have done for the character instead, in the show Blitzwing once went for leadership, later on he left the Decepticons, maybe hinting he was unstable and eventually the division manifests.

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
I mean, Legends was beholden to the JG1 interpretation of Headmasters, which isn't really compatible with that kind of interesting idea.

Onyx

Citizen
What's the news about the G1 Retro line? Is it just a select few TR Headmasters reissues or could we get CW Combiners? Maybe WFC reissues in a more G1 show/comic paint job?

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
What's the news about the G1 Retro line? Is it just a select few TR Headmasters reissues or could we get CW Combiners? Maybe WFC reissues in a more G1 show/comic paint job?
It's just leftover old stock of the short-lived Retro Headmasters line that came after Vintage G1 and preceded Vintage Beast Wars.

Soundwave2.0

Citizen
How come the Titans return toy line had both Galvatron and Megatron with different Titan masters and a Hot Rod toy when the story marketing material had Galvatron and rodimus prime?

How does that make sense story wise?

Last edited:

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Sometimes Megatron and Galvatron are different characters.

And the only mention I remember of Rodimus Prime was from the... Velocitron, was it? ...multipack.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Has there ever been a G1 Galvatron toy that was portrayed as a different character?
Literally the very first one.

1675039234793.png

1675039264195.png

(That one was later retconned, like Japan do, but at the time...)

And if you count IDW as G1, that's the big one that really separated the two as different individuals.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
I mean, Megatron and Galvatron are both second-rate punks compared to the evil genius that is Cy-Kill, so the real question is why we never got a Titans Return Cy-Kill (with Braxis Titanmaster).

Top Bottom