Timey Wimey Business- a thread for Doctor Who

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
The one thing I didn't like about this particular episode was the regeneration, I don't care what the reasoning is; its gonna give fuel to the worst side of the fandom.

Do you mean by placating the alt-reich via replacing the "woke-flake woomun" with "da bezt mahn doctuh"?

I hope the writers manage to sneak in an allusion/connection to the hate filled rants of the 4-chan crowd to the Daleks. Perhaps the hate that they feel was partially enabled by their own version of the internet, with popularism and right-wing trolls dictating the inevitable personality traits of the race? Perhaps they used an algorithm, combined with AI, based upon all of their combined online vitriol, as a template to impose upon them all and like a frog being boiled alive, the proto-Dalek race didn't know/care of even welcomed it?

Last edited:

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I would hope the Doctor Who writers don't steep to the same petty high school level "gotchas" that She-Hulk did.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I would hope the Doctor Who writers don't steep to the same petty high school level "gotchas" that She-Hulk did.

At the helm going forwards is Russel T Davis, the man who revived Doctor Who in the first place, he smart enough not to resort to such a thing, besides, the BBC needs Doctor Who to become sucessful again and Sony who own the production company making Doctor Who, would want it to be a sucess as well so that they earn money from it, Sony knows giving the fans what they want, is a sure fire means of making some money, as they did that with Ghostbusters Afterlife and not resort to stupid things as a lot of Marvel & Lucasfilm people have been doing of late, the pendium is shifting after being push to far to one side and those who been trying to keep it there, are the first to get hit as it falls backwards, all these woke projects and stupidy, have proven themselves to be failures, She-hulk is unlikely to get another season as its been deemed a failure and from what I understand, the higher ups of Disney aren't to happy with the preformance of these Marvel shows, but then, that what you get when you go for numbers over quailty!

Shadewing

Citizen
Ah yes the old "Hi fans, We'll give you what you want! Only Nostalgia from here on out. We promise absolutely no new or creative ideas what-so-ever; so you won't get pissed off. Please Clap." Methodolgy; yeah that's exactly where I fear Doctor Who is heading with all these decisions.

Echowarrior

Citizen
Big Finish has already promised more from the Fugitive Doctor. I imagine there's a contractual obligation not to do Jodie for at least a bit, but hopefully before too long. I'm hoping for proper stuff from Matt Smith and Peter Capaldi from them, too (I'm not sure if Matt's current schedule allows, but I'd think Capaldi could find an opening. We're constantly told that the audios don't take a huge time commitment from the actors).

Capaldi, I fear, will likely not do anything for Big Finish. He's expressed disinterest in doing it. Matt Smith doing it, however, is still a possibility.

Echowarrior

Citizen
At the helm going forwards is Russel T Davis, the man who revived Doctor Who in the first place, he smart enough not to resort to such a thing, besides, the BBC needs Doctor Who to become sucessful again and Sony who own the production company making Doctor Who, would want it to be a sucess as well so that they earn money from it, Sony knows giving the fans what they want, is a sure fire means of making some money, as they did that with Ghostbusters Afterlife and not resort to stupid things as a lot of Marvel & Lucasfilm people have been doing of late, the pendium is shifting after being push to far to one side and those who been trying to keep it there, are the first to get hit as it falls backwards, all these woke projects and stupidy, have proven themselves to be failures, She-hulk is unlikely to get another season as its been deemed a failure and from what I understand, the higher ups of Disney aren't to happy with the preformance of these Marvel shows, but then, that what you get when you go for numbers over quailty!

I agree that Russell T Davies will likely avoid being that petty about things - the man is a professional. He's going to do what he did during his initial run, and give us good, quality stories that can be watched and rewatched years later. Not to say that his run was perfect, but I'm much more inclined to rewatch the stuff he wrote or produced than I am to rewatch the stuff Chibnall did.

And please, kindly keep your opinions regarding outside projects out of this thread. The more you make cracks like that, the more I want to see those projects continue just out of spite.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
Capaldi, I fear, will likely not do anything for Big Finish. He's expressed disinterest in doing it. Matt Smith doing it, however, is still a possibility.
I hold out hope. Eccleston said "no" for years, but was persuaded after a few conventions (and conversations with the Big Finish folks who attended).

Does mean not for several years, though.

Glitch

Citizen
Regarding this fourteenth doctor being ten, it's actually the third time he's been ten given the regeneration in Journey's End counted as one (according to the eleventh) the second tenth said "Didn't need to change, why would I want to? look at me." which eleven referred to as 'vanity issues'. His regeneration into eleventh was also different to the rest and more destructive to the Tardis for unspecified reasons, some fans did take note of that and questioned why it was but considered it as a side effect of being his last. The second tenth outright said he didn't want to go to which was very unlike the rest who accepted their regenerations. RTD may use this in some way or planned it and asked Moffat to drop the curators line "you might even find yourself revisiting a few old faces but just the classics." for a possible return like a Children in Need special rather then a season.

Last edited:

wentwood

Citizen
I saw the finale on BBC A and will need Disney + as of now to see the new episodes. The UK keeps the home slot and station.

TM2-Megatron

Citizen
I hold out hope. Eccleston said "no" for years, but was persuaded after a few conventions (and conversations with the Big Finish folks who attended).

Does mean not for several years, though.

Honestly, I'm not too interested in anything more from him, at this point. The way he's shunned the role in the years since is pretty off-putting. There should be a limit on how long the invitation to come back even lasts for him.

Especially off-putting from the man who played a space elf in a comic book movie, and did a god-awful job of it to boot. Worried about being typecast? Give me a break. Worst new era Doctor.

Echowarrior

Citizen
Honestly, I'm not too interested in anything more from him, at this point. The way he's shunned the role in the years since is pretty off-putting. There should be a limit on how long the invitation to come back even lasts for him.

Especially off-putting from the man who played a space elf in a comic book movie, and did a god-awful job of it to boot. Worried about being typecast? Give me a break. Worst new era Doctor.

I think Eccleston's part in the second Thor movie wasn't the worst thing to happen to it, honestly. That film had more behind the scenes drama and executive meddling than it needed.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I think Eccleston's part in the second Thor movie wasn't the worst thing to happen to it, honestly. That film had more behind the scenes drama and executive meddling than it needed.

The trouble with the character Eccolston was playing, is the fact that he had very little motivation or the character was poorly writtren in the script, its much like how Terminator 5 wasted Matt Smith on a CGI character that meant to be Skynet, a actor of Matt Smith's talent should of been playing John Conner in the movie, the actor playing him there, was rubbish

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
New Doctor Who actor has been revealed and I'm sure the anti-woke brigade won't be happy...

3413.jpg

Links:

- https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-...vintage-doctor-who-look-shows-60-year-history

- https://www.doctorwho.tv/news-and-features/ncuti-gatwa-is-the-doctor

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
We've known this is the new Doctor for many months now. The only thing new about this picture is that he's apparently in costume.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Honestly, that costume looks extremely dated, it looks very similar to sofa & arm chair that was around in my house when I was just a kid and I expect it will play havoc on some people's TV screen pictures where it messes up the colours because of the patten on the clothes themselves!

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I think a lot of people have checked out and just don't care anymore, woke or otherwise. Unless they fully and undeniably retcon timeless child from the series it's not really doctor who anymore to a lot of people.

As for new guy, his suit looks okay I guess. Not really into the 1970s vibe as it's a bit earthy in tone. But it's not the worst costume.

Shame the Fugitive Doctor's suit won't be used again.

Top Bottom