Timey Wimey Business- a thread for Doctor Who

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
The thing that stands out most to me from this reveal... this will be the first actor to play the Doctor (as the lead role, so please no one start bringing up folks who showed up in flashbacks of some kind) who was born after the conclusion of the Classic series.

Maruten

Citizen
Well surely the bookies didn't have HIM on their list?! Very confident he can do a great job, though as always I would rather see someone older in the role.

I'm well behind on Jodie's run, but I enjoyed what I've seen. It gave me a much stronger classic Who vibe than anything else the new series has offered. I have only heard tiny bits and pieces about this Timeless Child thing but as soon one who loved what little we saw of the Cartmel Masterplan, it seems like I might be okay with it.
Speaking of which, I cannot BELIEVE that the next special apparently gives me the one thing I've been begging for since the new series was announced. SO HAPPY that they're finally giving us some onscreen closure for The Greatest Companion Ever.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
A Scottish guy cast as the Doctor, sure. We don't know if he's a Scottish Doctor yet. Tennant wasn't
Valid point, although if memory serves, that was a specific decision made the heighten ties to existing companion Rose. I can't imagine why they'd hide the background of the actor in the current circumstances.

Glitch

Citizen
It's been zigzagging:
Eccleston - English
Tennant - Scottish
Smith - English
Capeldi - Scottish
Whittaker - English
Gatwa - Scottish.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
The new season is legend...

...dary.
Doctor vs Doctor.gif

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
I'm almost beginning to wonder.

If NPH is playing the Celestial Toymaker (Which seems likely, given the outfit). Could Ten and Donna...not be Ten and Donna? Like could they be a plot by the Toymaker?

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I think the fact that one of the leaked set photos shows a toyshop exterior also hints that NPH is playing the Toymaker as well.

Echowarrior

Citizen
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Chibnall got it on both sides. Doesn't mean that I'm gonna let up on him.

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It's going to take a lot for me to ever give a shit about this franchise again

Top Bottom