Thundercats - General Discussion (and some Silverhawks too, whynot)

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
New board, gotta fill it with threads.

Looks like Super7's Ultimates Wave 3 should be shipping soon. Wave 2 should be hitting by the end of the year as well.

While unorthodox, Flyyn has kept the fandom clued in that they were having huge issues at the older factory with their orders keep getting bumped for Mattel's runs. That shouldn't happen anymore going forward as they have switched factories.

Can't wait to ginally see who's in wave 5. Hopefully some Lunatacks!

Last edited:

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
At PowerCon, Super7 is showing off the actual prototypes for the Wave 4 figures and also Silverhawks' MonStar.

241439735_6210268159047176_5029799747293926011_n.jpg

241262812_6210268792380446_2042218279061897467_n.jpg

241389071_6210269232380402_5178978516918347215_n.jpg

240743434_6210268855713773_4185940476357835184_n.jpg

240993978_6210269482380377_3417738150540425767_n.jpg

241256127_6210269199047072_6679519509804732276_n.jpg

Images courtesy of ThundercatsNOW on Facebook.

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
To this day I haven't watched the entire series. There was a certain point in the rotation where they just kept rerunning season 1 over and over again and never played later seasons except maybe once. The latest episode I remember seeing was the one with the lady Mumm Ra and even that one was a one off of anything from that era.

Guardian Prime

Veteran Allsparker
Citizen
I watched it as a kid in the mid/late 80s and loved it, but it wasn't until it aired on CN's Toonami in the late 90s that I got to see every episode. It was amazing watching how the animation quality progressed throughout the seasons.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
I guess there's no Thundercats Roar?

And nothing of value was lost.

Honestly, toys are all well and good. I'd be more likely to buy a few if I could find them in the wild instead of having to buy them online.

But what I'd really like to see is an actual show, like, not the Roar/Titans GO kids version, but an actual Thundercats show.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Who's the middle prototype guy? Grune? In a robe?

I guess there's no Thundercats Roar? We're getting Aquaman instead?
Thats Pumm-Ra. Mumm-Ra disguised himself as a Thundarian refugee to gain access to cat's lair. He comes with an extra large head that can be swapped onto the Ever Living body.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Oh, that's sounds familiar.

Season 1 ep, just a one time appearance, just one of many attempts by Mummra to beat the cats, of course, the best thing about Mummra is the fact he is EVER living, thus pretty much immortal, he cannot be completely destoryed as he is the embodiment of evil, thou he serves four anicent spirts of evil, of course, there is also his counterpart, Mumrana, the embodiment of everything good in services to the spirts of good, thou if I recall correctly, she had only two appearances through out the series run!

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
I received a heads up from BBTS that Slythe is prepping to ship. Hopefully Jaga is too to save on shipping

Dake

Citizen
I guess I give them a certain amount of credit that it appears due to QC issues. While one could argue it should've been caught sooner, I guess it shows they learned from the whole Panthro thing.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Super7 has revealed wave 2 of Silverhawks Ulitmates. Including Steelwill, Bluegrass, Windjammer, standard Mon*Starr and his transformation throne as its own separate accessory.

Definitely looking forward to grabbing up the heroes and Mon*Starr, passing on Windhammer as hes one of my least favorite of the mobsters. Give me Melodia and Pokerface and then we're talking!

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I'm on some level tempted to get the throne just as its own thing and put Mumm-Ra on it, since they never made his sarcophagus to go with it. Then again, the only Thundercats Ultimate I have IS the glow-Mumm Ra, and for their 2001 stuff I only went for the Monolith and ape guy. I'm not a very good completionist.

On the subject of Ultimates Mumm-Ra, the coffins availible to use with 8-inch Mego figures are way too big.

51541141185_7626540ffd_h.jpg

Sunstorm

Super-Powered Zealot
Citizen
I have loved the series since day one, but there's something about the 2011 reboot that really struck a chord with me. If you haven't seen the series, I highly recommend it.

I'm a fairly strict 1:18 collector, so I also picked up the Reaction line from Super 7. Hope Reaction continues, but I'm not seeing / hearing much in the way of another wave. When I have some time, I will post some pics of my collection...got a few unique pieces.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
The 2011 reboot was better than it had any right to be.

Silverhawks wave 2 are posted. I just got Steelwill and Bluegrass. I already got the transformed MonStar and am more interested in completing the main 5 than the henchmen.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Super7 was finally able to reveal wave 5 of Thundercats.

We're looking at Mirror Lion-O (MummRa), Hammerhand, Vultureman and Bengali.

Top Bottom