Thor: Love and Thunder

PiratedTVPro

Ancient Protoform
Citizen
...so now we're getting Thor's post-Endgame 'feelings' movie? A lot different from what I think anyone expected. What's up with them increasing Portman's eye size by 20%? Anyone else notice this right away?

Cradok

Citizen
...so now we're getting Thor's post-Endgame 'feelings' movie? A lot different from what I think anyone expected. What's up with them increasing Portman's eye size by 20%? Anyone else notice this right away?

Even knowing it's her, I'm still not sure it's her. I think it looks more like Kat Dennings.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
The Legends wave. That's definitely Natalie Portman's face

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Even knowing it's her, I'm still not sure it's her. I think it looks more like Kat Dennings.
This was honestly my first thought in the seconds after seeing that shot.

I'm guessing the structure for this will have us start with Thor processing his Endgame stuff and enjoying life with the Guardians, looking to retire from superheroing -- then something will happen between Zeus or whatever and New Asgard (or there'll be a chance to find a new new home for New Asgard) that will need Thor to work with/for his people again. Or Gorr takes down Zeus or something and other gods/godlikes/whatever are needed to take him down. At which point the Guardians go off to their own movie and Thor gets to work on the next two acts of this one.

Nnnoooot sure where Jane and repaired Mjolnir could come in here.

Last edited:

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I'm guessing the structure for this will have us start with Thor processing his Endgame stuff and enjoying life with the Guardians, looking to retire from superheroing -- then something will happen between Zeus or whatever and New Asgard (or there'll be a chance to find a new new home for New Asgard) that will need Thor to work with/for his people again. Or Gorr takes down Zeus or something and other gods/godlikes/whatever are needed to take him down. At which point the Guardians go off to their own movie and Thor gets to work on the next two acts of this one.

Nnnoooot sure where Jane and repaired Mjolnir could come in here.
Plot twist: Jane and Mjolnir are the reason Thor has to aid his people once again.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Saw it. Two extra scenes at the end. One is essential to the story. The other is sequel hook at the end of the credits.

It was... huh.

Well, I did tear up at one point but not for the reason they were going for. It's a wish fulfillment thing for me.

Super annoyed at the costume thing. Like, dang! The ones I wanted to see were the ones he used least, boo!

Also, was this shot before or after Jurassic World Dominion? Cuz Chris Pratt looks really haggard or smaller here than in Jurassic World. More noticeable here than in the trailers.

Are there Thor comic fans here? I want to know if my favorite part is in the comics somehow.

Edit - huh, I'm still going with Maverick grudgingly my top 2022 movie so far. Then Multiverse. Then Thor.

Maverick
Dr. Strange Multiverse of Madness
Thor
Everything Everywhere All At Once
Lightyear

Last edited:

PiratedTVPro

Ancient Protoform
Citizen
I teared up every ten minutes during the last 30 minutes of the film. Definitely had to do with family stuff we've been going through lately, but I think it will hit a lot of general audiences the same way. Spends a shaky first half taking some time to find its footing in the second half of the film which has 'ripped straight of the comics' visuals and amazingly directed fight sequences. See this with laser projection if you can because there are definitely some very dark scenes in this film that might be more difficult to see with a dim bulb. Dolby Atmos made a huge difference, see it that way if you can, and it might have one of the more memorable scores for me recently. That said, I don't know how to feel about four needle drops from the same album.

Marvel Films Order
  1. Avengers: Infinity War
  2. Avengers: Endgame
  3. Captain America: Civil War
  4. Spider-Man: No Way Home
  5. Iron Man
  6. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
  7. Thor: Ragnarok
  8. Guardians of the Galaxy
  9. The Avengers
  10. Spider-Man: Homecoming
  11. Captain America: The First Avenger
  12. Doctor Strange
  13. Thor: Love & Thunder
  14. Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
  15. Spider-Man: Far from Home
  16. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
  17. Eternals
  18. Black Panther
  19. Captain Marvel
  20. Ant-Man
  21. Ant-Man & The Wasp
  22. Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol.2
  23. Black Widow
  24. Thor: The Dark World
  25. Iron Man 3
  26. The Incredible Hulk
  27. Avengers: Age of Ultron
  28. Thor
  29. Iron Man 2

MrBlud

Citizen
That was wildly enjoyable.

And that midcredits scene!!

ZOUNDS! I can’t wait. Pitch perfect casting too. I do wonder how his personality will end up since comic Hercules is basically Movie Thor already.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I'm wary cuz he has the more of an
Ares vibe, at least in his role as a grump in Ted Lasso. As Hercules, he needs to be more movie Thor in personality, yeah. But I haven't seen Brett do his standup routine so maaaybe? But he needs to be HUGE to be Herc.

Oh the part that made me tear up was when the kids were getting powers. Thor sounded like Odin bestowing magic. It felt like Shazam Billy sharing his power. I was a bit disappointed that Thor said For a limited time only, dang. But if the kids keep their weird weapons, maybe some residual energy will build up over time through great feats and they can have Mjolnir like weapons and be a future Legion of Super-Heroes type team. So... is that in the comics somehow?

Sean Whitmore

Citizen
I didn't hate it, but it left me cold. I'm not a fan of Taika's goof-ass Thor world in general, but Ragnarok made me laugh enough to keep me from being completely turned off by the story, and this simply did not.

When I'm not enjoying a movie very much, I tend to start picking apart the plot, and boy-golly, can this one not bear that.

MrBlud

Citizen
This did seem to have a checklist of stuff they wanted to cover and the “story” didn’t really paper over that so you didn’t notice.

Monique

Guess whos back
Citizen
I... Dunno how I feel about this. I feel like Ragnarok was the sweet spot of goofy rock n roll space viking. I didn't really like that Valk got sidelined out of the final fight. I didn't really like how we only get Jane as Thor for this movie as they fast tracked he rise and fall without letting her really enjoy it for very long. Love conquering all? I mean its a classic ending but feels super out of place in a movie about a guy who wanted to kill all the gods and never once thinks he could just bring his daughter back. I guess if he didn't then we would just have another "Why didn't Thanos double all the resources" thing again but ugh. Also I think this strangely shows that Bale could have made a good joker. I can't really care about Zeus. He died, then he didnt die. Now a minor greek player is set off to kill Thor when... Herc is the god of strength and heroes he should be the last person to be doing wetwork for Zeus? Like if anything him and Thor should bro out?

Also rewinding back to the beginning of the movie, yeah its funny that he annoyed the Guardians enough they all were rushing off when he said he had to go but also like... We never got to enjoy any real antics with Thor and the Guardians. Such a wasted opportunity. They just team up at the end of end game, then next we see them they are sick of him and bail. They might as well never have teamed up other than to get a comic book reference in

Looking back on what I wrote I guess I do know how i feel about this. This felt kinda like they just wasted a lot of potential and pumped out a kinda cliche story that didn't really bring much unique and cool to the table.

Axaday

Citizen
I really feel like they got a lot of praise for Ragnarok so they were like, "We could REALLY do this" but I wanted them to just do what they did in Ragnarok.

I had fun. I didn't hate it at all, but there's not much to it.

Well something. Bale's performance was impressive. He's never done ANYTHING like this, as far as I know.

It is an intriguing idea, perhaps plenty developed in comics, that powerful beings just tend to adopt a planet and "Protect it", more or less. Interesting that it would be this widespread phenomenon and they'd all network. Adds a wrinkle to something that has confused me. Are regular Asgardians totally mortal? I had assumed that they were all freakishly strong and long-lived with advanced technology that seems magical. Until Ragnarok that seemed to be all Thor was, but he's gotten a lot stronger and the whole lightning thing and I didn't rethink it all, but it doesn't seem like the people in New Asgard are anything special. So has Odin's family just been resident Gods on a planet of mortals?

Top Bottom