They're making a Tetris movie

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Actually this could work. This looks hilariously overblown but the actual story is interesting.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Wasn't expecting a spy thriller approach to a Tetris movie and it looks better than it has any right to be. The guy playing Yamauchi looks almost spot on

Reactions: tec

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
Yas this trailer is insane and I want to see this movie so badly
comments are turned off on the apple version of the trailer but the IGN one is open

NovaSaber

Citizen
No relation to the trilogy (yes, really) that was announced in 2014 and never happened; that was supposed to be sci-fi and I still have no idea what the plot could possibly have been.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
No relation to the trilogy (yes, really) that was announced in 2014 and never happened; that was supposed to be sci-fi and I still have no idea what the plot could possibly have been.

Samuel L. Jackson plays the line block throwing out a bunch of F-bombs to the cocky Z block played by Joe Pesci who messed up his plans for completing four lines at once. Tom Cruise does his own stunts falling int the exact right place at the last possible second.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The story is actually a good one and the trailer looks neat, so I am going to check it out when it gets released.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Samuel L. Jackson plays the line block throwing out a bunch of F-bombs to the cocky Z block played by Joe Pesci who messed up his plans for completing four lines at once. Tom Cruise does his own stunts falling int the exact right place at the last possible second.

The story is actually a good one and the trailer looks neat, so I am going to check it out when it gets released.

Well thanks, but I was just pulling that out of my ass. I'm guessing the actual movie will be quite different.

😜

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
Given the absolutely tangled fustercluck the rights were for a while, there's definitely enough material for a movie. Trailer's a lot more charming than I expected it to be, I'm down.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
You guys must have heard about the Tetris record being broken or something. I didnt get it but found a great documentary that explained it.

The 'rolling' method looks weird but, whatever gets people to go faster. I don't get how the previous technique is done. Hypertapping?

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
The best thing about that vid was seeing actual children still playing with physical NES.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
A few hours or something later, Blue Scuti's record was beaten by another guy Fractal. But Blue Scuti is still the first person to force the kill screen. And looks pretty young too.

---
On those who watched the Tetris movie, a review said it was more of a business movie than a Tetris game movie. Did the ending of the movie flash to the present?

Shadewing

Citizen
A few hours or something later, Blue Scuti's record was beaten by another guy Fractal. But Blue Scuti is still the first person to force the kill screen. And looks pretty young too.

---
On those who watched the Tetris movie, a review said it was more of a business movie than a Tetris game movie. Did the ending of the movie flash to the present?

Fractal and him were basically racing each other to see who could do it first, while the record itself is broke, Blue Scuti will always be the first to achieve it. So now it falls back to "who can get highest level before kill screening" There's just one major milestone left. What I've seen dubbed "the rebirth screen" which is how if someone somehow beats lvl 255, the game loops right around to the first level; but that sounds like it would take an ungodly amount of luck on top of skill with having to dodge all the triggers to avoid kill screening.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
It was a movie about a business deal wrapped in the clothing of a political thriller with a couple of video-game-inspired scenes sprinkled about. It was better than it deserved to be, actually. It was essentially the story about how Bullet-Proof Software acquired the international publishing rights to Tetris, though embellished for dramatic effect.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It's a good movie but the whole family being mad at the protagonist was a bit much. "Like lady, I just secured the future for our doomed and failing company, while escaping people that were trying to blackmail and then kill me. Heaven forbid I miss one play while doing that."

Top Bottom