They Haven't Made a Toy of This Yet?

Ultra Magnus13

Citizen
Transformers has been around a long time, and over that time, a lot of things have been made into toys. A surprising amount, even, especially in recent years.

So, what's left?

Share something from Transformers lore here that you're suReprised has never made it into toy form.

I'll start:

View attachment 3303
I'm surprised this hasn't been made as a toy yet, given the source and Hasbro/Takara Tony's penchant for missile launchers over the years.

Whether as an accessory or a Transformer in its own right, I wonder if they'll ever make this thing.

I thought Kingdom Rodimus's weapons platform looked like it was inspired by this launcher+his og toy platform combined.

Badgertron

Citizen
There are a shocking number of G1 characters who haven't really received suitable modern toys. Sure, most are from the "masters" era, but here's hoping we at least get Deluxe Insecticons soon.

Ooh also how about some dino head chariots from the G1 flashback scenes?

Last edited:

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Rack n Ruin comes to mind. We've gotten several Impactors, and Xaaron even got a nod as Ruination's head, but we've never gotten these guys.

Macabre...because Squadron X deserves at least a little of the love that the Wreckers have been getting.

Megadeath could make a pretty neat new Pretender.

Rorza the Rocket-Cycle Racer from Rigel III. Because...c'mon that name alone.

Deathbringer...again, mostly because of that name. Not sure if I'd want a G1 or IDW1 version, so...maybe some combination of both? You might be able to make one form transform into another, like Ninjor from Power Rangers.

Tarn, although we're getting statues and action figures, but no transforming toys. Or we could go with Kaon, Tesarus, or Nickel, just to cover more ground. All of them have unique designs.

Nova Prime. We technically got a toy of this, but I want one with the wings and everything.

Buster, Thundercracker's dog, because...she's just such a good girl! She'd be fun as a plush or a pack-in "accessory" with a version of Thundercracker.

Velocity. I don't know, she has a neat design.

Pharma, again, he's got a neat design.

Tyrest...again, a neat design.

Centurion aka Hearts of Steel Bumblebee. Hey, why not most of the Hearts of Steel cast (including their prehistoric forms!)

A Onyx Prime/Shockwave Pretender would have been pretty neat.

Yoketron from Animated.

Scowl from RID15. An Ankylosaurus Decepticon with a neat design.

Star Upper. I'm not sure they could really DO a boxing kangaroo anymore (animal cruelty concerns). Still, it'd be neat.

Crow Convoy from Beast Wars Neo...just because I want someone to try and make a toy of out him.

Violen Jiger/Violengiguar/Vincent. He'd just make a really cool toy.

Dark Nova. Getting Super Megatron makes this a non-zero possibility, right?

Citadel Secundus from Rescue Bots Academy has a neat color scheme.

Paddles...because someone has to remember Paddles.

G1 Cartoon "Sentinel Prime"...because a rhinoceros truck is kind of a cool alt-mode.

And most of the Thirteen. Unless you count the Prime Masters. But I mean...I don't, so...

Last edited:

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Rack n Ruin comes to mind. We've gotten several Impactors, and Xaaron even got a nod as Ruination's head, but we've never gotten these guys.
Oh really?

TF-Cyberverse-2018-Ultra-Rack-n-Ruin.jpg

A perfectly fun toy with deployable battle masks based on his original visored heads

SG_Roadbuster

Citizen
Tf weapon replica nerf guns. Like what they're doing with star wars, halo and Fartnight.

Give me a Megatron fusion cannon I can strap to my arm and launch foam footballs with. Or a big foam orange optimus energon axe I can slip over a fist. Or soundwave's shoulder mounted missile doodad as a rival type blaster.

Targetmasters that turn into functional nerf guns.

The much anticipated return of Decepto-Packs.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Wheeljack was the first Transformer to speak in a Transformers cartoon, and the first to transform onscreen if you don't count the intro.

If you count that as the first transformation, then the first transformation in Transformers cartoon history has no toy.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Would love to finally get an Aileron.

I recall the Matrix being the subject of a thread on the older boards, and by this point I figure that's either going to be one of those collector targeted replicas (like the MCU ones) or a Haslab thing.

Still want a Hastak-engineered transforming MTMTE Rodimus (still trying to get rid of my 3P one because the engineering turned me right off), but the Flame Toys kit will stand in for now.

I have some wants, for sure, but they aren't really things that would've been so intuitive as to be odd omissions by now.

(But give me Turbomasters anyway.)

MrBlud

Citizen
Yeah cause pointing out the figure that you could literally only get in a box set at a convention in 2014 totally invalidates everyone who is expressing their desire for a Devcon toy.

No, but this isn’t exactly a wishlist thread. It’s a thread about popular/iconic things in the mythos that haven’t yet been turned into toys/accessories.

I’d love a better Devcon too but he already has a toy. Two, if you count the “Platinum Sweeps” that has his head as some kind of undercover version ;)

As for me, I’m kinda surprised we’ve never gotten a Spacebridge of some sort.

SG_Roadbuster

Citizen
Since idw has gone to the trouble of introducing so many new female characters, I'm astounded hasbro hasnt capitalized on that. Aileron, Anode/Lug Bayonet, Swift, camien Strafe, Velocity (especially her tf vs Terminator design), Shadow Striker, Flamewar, Lightbright, Lodestar, Nyx, Skold, Chela, and I'm sure there's about a dozen im forgetting.

I mean, we've already got most of the older guard prominent ladies out of the way between Elita, Arcee, Nightbird and the Orthia team. We've got the beast ladies (though I wouldn't say no to an Antagony or Botanica) and rumors of Minerva.
So why not pass the torch?

Last edited:

Platypus Prime

Citizen
If there's ever a Nemesis, I wouldn't be surprised if it had a ship and 'spacebridge' mode with a tower that looked like the old Underwater Base one. Maybe with a robot mode based on that flying griffon thing. But this isn't based on a rumor, I'm just dreaming. I remember when I was six and I used Construx (the building set) to make a launch tower for my Decepticons.

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen
Nova Prime. I know he's primarily a comic book character, but other characters of that stature have had toys before. And Nova was a reoccurring antagonist in a very popular Transformers series. His body design looked cool, and he had a lot of toyetic concepts worked into them.
He got to be a big part of the world building for Devastation, which was a game they marketed pretty hard. I thought maybe that would lead to a toy, but no.

I really like the TFCC version of Nova we got from Orion Pax's mould, but it's not the fully featured Nova we could get. And given the love IDW comics have gotten from the line...I'm kind of surprised we didn't.

SG_Roadbuster

Citizen
Nova Prime. I know he's primarily a comic book character, but other characters of that stature have had toys before. And Nova was a reoccurring antagonist in a very popular Transformers series. His body design looked cool, and he had a lot of toyetic concepts worked into them.
He got to be a big part of the world building for Devastation, which was a game they marketed pretty hard. I thought maybe that would lead to a toy, but no.

I really like the TFCC version of Nova we got from Orion Pax's mould, but it's not the fully featured Nova we could get. And given the love IDW comics have gotten from the line...I'm kind of surprised we didn't.
Especially since he was such a big part of the idw comics, between his being the primary antagonist in the early Ations series, and his appearance in Dark Cybertron.

by comparison Sentinel Prime did very little and made much fewer appearances, but got a toy.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Especially since he was such a big part of the idw comics, between his being the primary antagonist in the early Ations series, and his appearance in Dark Cybertron.

by comparison Sentinel Prime did very little and made much fewer appearances, but got a toy.
Only because he was just a simple head pretool of Astrotrain. The only part of that toy that even looked like IDW Sentinel, sculpt-wise, was just the head. It's not like they gave IDW Sentinel a dedicated mold of his own.

Meanwhile, Nova was such a unique design that anything other than a dedicated mold based on his comic design would have been a disservice to that version of the character. Sadly, he was around in the comics during a time when Hasbro (specifically Archer Era Hasbro) cared very little about what was going on in the IDW comics since they were more preoccupied with the multi-million dollar movies that were bringing in the big bucks more than anything ever before, as well as their super ambitious plans for a multimedia Aligned Continuity that was sure to take off and become the definitive face of the brand, right? :rolleyes:

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
99% of people would’ve been fine with a Cybertron Prime repaint for Nova Prime.

Either the original or the Siege one.

We *still* would be.

If they do, its likely they'll use the Siege figure, thou if they do, I hope they retool the back pack to create the wings

Top Bottom