The Weird Al Thread

Dvandom

Citizen
Yes, it's aggressively a mockumentary, slotting Al into the stereotypical rock biopic.

---Dave

Axaday

Citizen
I get it and I think it is clever, but I would have preferred a straight movie about him.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Honestly it says something about the media literacy of a bunch of people that I've seen a ton of folks not understanding it's a parody and not a true story after that last trailer. I mean they absolutely could not have made it any more blazingly obvious.

-ZacWilliam, Al himself was joking how "Weird Al and Madonna" was now like the third autofill for his name.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
In all likelihood Al has had a pretty mundane life aside from the part about being one of the funniest songwriters of all time, which we already knew. If a famous entertainer has a life that's anywhere near as eventful as their career in entertainment, at least 9 times out of 10 it's not for good reasons. I'm... not even sure I can think of an example of the tenth case.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Most dramatic thing I can think of in his life was the death of both his parents in a tragic carbon monoxide poisoning incident.

Axaday

Citizen
As I watched the trailer I was beginning to think it was a little mean-spirited or something, but then I did notice that Weird Al was playing a character in the movie himself and the gag became clear.

Axaday

Citizen
This thread came back up and I was perusing through and saw a post I wanted to like and there was no like button and I was so confused and then I saw. I guess it is because I wrote the post...

I DO like it.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I watched that this weekend! It was a good episode, and it's such a shame that Prince never agreed to let Al parody his music. It would have helped Prince get some exposure.

Like in my area the only song of his that ever got played was 1999. Literally that was all I knew him for until the early 2000s when music sharing became a thing.

Top Bottom